Class of 2024 - C Thomas Sorber (NJ / PA) Offered | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 C Thomas Sorber (NJ / PA) Offered

Lol. Syracuse can get more NIL out of the city than St. John’s. Nobody that lives there cares about that program.
Apparently the Vitamin Water founder is a big St. Johns booster, essentially their AW.

College basketball needs a strong northeast IMO. So many great players from New England, NYC, NJ. I certainly hope St. Johns improves rapidly. I would like to see Cuse play them at MSG again too.

College basketball needs a strong northeast IMO. So many great players from New England, NYC, NJ. I certainly hope St. Johns improves rapidly. I would like to see Cuse play them at MSG again too.
I agree. Though I am not a fan of UCONN, Georgetown or St. John's, I liked when northeast teams were strong, competitive and able to keep top area talents from all going to Duke, Kentucky, Kansas etc. Duke and Kentucky have cherry picked the top northeast talents for years and taken over NY with big yearly games at the Garden and Barclay Center.

Here’s a hot take - would the ACC ever consider St John’s, G’town and Nova as basketball only members? Would add major markets and would help Cuse tremendously

Last edited:
Here’s a hot take - would the ACC ever take St John’s, G’town and Nova as basketball only members? Would add major markets and would help Cuse tremendously
I doubt it would ever happen but it would help the ACC tremendously being that there are a lot of UNC and Duke alumni in the tri-state area which would make for big games at the Garden Ana also at the Capital One Arena in DC (which is a good midpoint city for all ACC teams and a great, lively town for the ACC tournament).

Here’s a hot take - would the ACC ever take St John’s, G’town and Nova as basketball only members? Would add major markets and would help Cuse tremendously
Doubtful, football drives the bus in terms of importance for the conference commissioner

Phillips is probably more concerned with keeping Clemson, FSU and Miami happy and not bolting if the SEC offered

Basketball / Lax / Baseball?

Doubtful, football drives the bus in terms of importance for the conference commissioner

Phillips is probably more concerned with keeping Clemson, FSU and Miami happy and not bolting if the SEC offered
Adding new conference members would open up the contract for a look-in and the ACC could then try to keep their prime football brands with unequal revenue sharing.

Adding new conference members would open up the contract for a look-in and the ACC could then try to keep their prime football brands with unequal revenue sharing.
Maybe, you probably know more about it than I do.

Sometimes you gotta think outside of the box to gain a competitive edge

Here’s a hot take - would the ACC ever consider St John’s, G’town and Nova as basketball only members? Would add major markets and would help Cuse tremendously

They didn't consider Johns Hopkins as a LAX only member when Maryland left.

I gotta imagine that's a no-brainer for any of those schools if the offer comes regardless of what Phillips does.

The math doesn't work. Teams that don't have football aren't going to generate enough revenue to be worth splitting the pie into more pieces. And big revenue are trying to exclude small revenue generators not invite them in. It sucks but teams without football will be essentially D2 before long.

I know I'll catch heat for this, but I do feel like Georgetown is going to fare better under Cooley. At least so far, he seems to be doing well on the recruiting trail. Autry even alluded to Cooley in his podcast with Rothstein.
No doubt about it. Hopefully Red continues to improve talent level, and shows he can coach, and the rivalry should regain some juice. I would love to meet them in the Tournament some year, which the Committee would love to do especially since they're in different conferences.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom