Calhoun interested in BC job? | Syracusefan.com

Calhoun interested in BC job?

Thunderdan

Walk On
Just reported on ESPN.

It would be good for NE hoops and the ACC.

Last edited:
Even he knew when the ACC passed on UConn this last round that it was over. Imagine UConn fans if he took any major conference job at this point.

It would not be good for the state below Massachusetts -- the Boneyard is already throwing out words like "betrayal."

Calhoun sat two rows in front of me last night in Buffalo. He looked like he was having trouble moving around, had to sit on the aisle, just generally looked uncomfortable. Can't imagine his body could take the grind of an ACC season.

Donyell Marshall was right next to him he looked even worse...

Can't blame him, I'm sure UConn would open the doors back up, but I doubt any coach is jumping at the chance to coach in whatever that conference is called. Would be an interesting development.

Can't blame him, I'm sure UConn would open the doors back up, but I doubt any coach is jumping at the chance to coach in whatever that conference is called. Would be an interesting development.
No way. Ollie is the dude there until he either goes to the NBA or retires.

upload_2014-3-21_12-46-33.jpeg

If Calhoun took the BC job this would be every Syracuse fan on the UConn board. It would be like Jim Boeheim taking the St. John's job after retiring from Syracuse. Except we don't hate St. John's like UConn hates Boston College.

View attachment 9205

If Calhoun took the BC job this would be every Syracuse fan on the UConn board. It would be like Jim Boeheim taking the St. John's job after retiring from Syracuse. Except we don't hate St. John's like UConn hates Boston College.
It would be like JB taking the Rutgers job.

I can't see Calhoun taking that job.

Can't stand the guy, but would certainly ratchet up the rivalry.

He's probably pissed that his UConn dynasty was virtually left out of Requiem for the Big East

Respect him as a coach, but he is an arrogant as a person. Can't believe he would take this job though!

Respect him as a coach, but he is an arrogant as a person. Can't believe he would take this job though!
i've had only one experience with him but was left with the exact opposite reaction. incredibly down to earth, relaxed, open, etc. was not what i expected. this was a year ago so one year removed from coaching...and he looked/acted like he was 15 years younger than anything i'd ever seen from him on tv.

Ha...Wojnarowski tweets BC has no interest in Calhoun.
Yup, that's what I saw all over twitter as well. Although I'm a little surprised by that. It is BC after all.

i've had only one experience with him but was left with the exact opposite reaction. incredibly down to earth, relaxed, open, etc. was not what i expected. this was a year ago so one year removed from coaching...and he looked/acted like he was 15 years younger than anything i'd ever seen from him on tv.
Well, back in my days as an undergrad at Niagara Univ, he threw me out of the gym where Northeastern was going through their shootarond about 2PM in the afternoon. The gym doors were open and Northeastern, with Reggie Lewis, were going through their shootaround...So I leaned against the OPEN door to the gym and was wathching for about 5-10 minutes...Calhoun was at mid court and finally notices that I was watching, without skipping a beat he starts to yell at me dropping f bombs say how did I get into HIS gym and to get the out...So I really do not like the man!

If Calhoun took that job he could spend 1 year rebuilding and recruiting, year 2 would have them in the tournament, and then year 3 they would be a top 25 team and a contender. Calhoun could practically pick whatever young coach he wanted to be his head coach in waiting and then after 3 years decide to either hand the keys to that coach or continue and then make the assistant wait 1 more year.

BC AD Brad Bates is a moron if he hires Tommy Amaker(who is an Ivy coach who has struggled at Seton Hall and Michigan) after just firing Steve Donahue(an Ivy league coach who struggled at BC). The definition of insanity is making the same mistake and expecting a different result. Hire Calhoun BC. Please I will be good.

I believe it. It's amazing how people can mellow as they age and (probably more importantly for him) as they step away from the day to day meatgrinder of the job.

Also another candidate i heard was the current coach of Harvard. Who has done great things with that program compared to were it was

Well, back in my days as an undergrad at Niagara Univ, he threw me out of the gym where Northeastern was going through their shootarond about 2PM in the afternoon. The gym doors were open and Northeastern, with Reggie Lewis, were going through their shootaround...So I leaned against the OPEN door to the gym and was wathching for about 5-10 minutes...Calhoun was at mid court and finally notices that I was watching, without skipping a beat he starts to yell at me dropping f bombs say how did I get into HIS gym and to get the out...So I really do not like the man!

There's a reason some of those stereotypes about coaches exist. Classic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom