Calipari 30 for 30 | Syracusefan.com

Calipari 30 for 30

I thought I was going to skip this one, but I couldn't look away, and I have to say it was another hit, all of these 30 for 30's are so well done. It's just amazing how different things were back in the 90's. Camby was a lock to be a top 3 pick and was 50/50 on leaving after his Junior year.

***spoiler alert**

Got home from work late, it's on now. The first five minutes included moments like him telling past players at an event that they had low grades and thank goodness we had this guy with a 3.0. Then one of the slimiest post game victory speeches I've seen. Horrific.

30/30 is fantastic TV - watching to see if there is any way to take the slime off of this douche. Not looking good.

This was coach cal propaganda.

It was intriguing.

He told his players after a loss to texas am in the ncaas that they were screwed over by the refs. Nice message.

Not one comment from coach cal on world wide wes. Breezed over the situation like it was fine. A 30:30 on wes would be better. I still dont understand how someone affiliated with an agency/on agency's payroll can funnel players to a particular school.

Derrick rose taking the sats in detroit is hilarity.

My view on Calipari is this -- he's incredibly, insatiably over-competitive and completely disinterested in any sort of academic component and, probably, any sort of development outside of basketball. But those things probably align him with his peers more than make him stand out.

I'm not as sure he's an outright cheater as i think it's more that he looks to take advantage of the system in every way humanly possible. He wants to get an edge by gaming the system whereas most other coaches are trying to find an edge while 'generally' keeping more or less within the broad specrum of 'fair' play.

He's sleazy, it's hard to buy him as a 'good' guy (tho I doubt many of these dudes truly fit in that category) and he may not be much of a tactician. But in his defense, dude knows talent, understands how to play the system to get that talent better than any coach out there and I do kind of give him credit for simply embracing the fact that he's running an NBA factory.

I get why folks hate him but I'm more ambivalent. You set up a bizarre system with odd rules and a complete fraud of a premise (i.e. We care about STUDENT-athletes), and you are basically inviting guys like Cal to come abuse it. You reap what you sow.

I watched. Good show. I may be in the minority because I actually kind of like Cal. He just seems pretty genuine. He is a great smooth talker. You can tell instantly why he is a great recruiter.

He knows what it takes to be successful and he goes for it. He does not care who likes it.

His system is predicated on getting a fresh class of stars every season. He can never take a season off. Ever. If he does the whole program sinks. The guy is a hard worker and has very high ambition.

He is very relatable to the kids. Takes them under his wings. Wins over the parents. But at the same time pushes them and never lets them rest on their laurels.

Like him or not the guy knows what he is doing.

If SU ever started funneling kids in like this, the NCAA would be beating down our doors and next thing you know we would get the death penalty. It's sickening to see this scumbag walk away from two colleges where the school suffered while he had nothing done to him. If anyone thinks he's not crooked then you really, really need to look in the mirror. Like Weedsportswarrior said in earlier post, he is a POS.

My view on Calipari is this -- he's incredibly, insatiably over-competitive and completely disinterested in any sort of academic component and, probably, any sort of development outside of basketball. But those things probably align him with his peers more than make him stand out.

I'm not as sure he's an outright cheater as i think it's more that he looks to take advantage of the system in every way humanly possible. He wants to get an edge by gaming the system whereas most other coaches are trying to find an edge while 'generally' keeping more or less within the broad specrum of 'fair' play.

He's sleazy, it's hard to buy him as a 'good' guy (tho I doubt many of these dudes truly fit in that category) and he may not be much of a tactician. But in his defense, dude knows talent, understands how to play the system to get that talent better than any coach out there and I do kind of give him credit for simply embracing the fact that he's running an NBA factory.

I get why folks hate him but I'm more ambivalent. You set up a bizarre system with odd rules and a complete fraud of a premise (i.e. We care about STUDENT-athletes), and you are basically inviting guys like Cal to come abuse it. You reap what you sow.

I agree w this except i think he does cheat.

I agree w this except i think he does cheat.

I guess I just mean that I'm not sure he cheats much more than a lot of these guys. I mean if it came out that he was way above and beyond as a cheater I wouldn't be surprised but I think there's also a lot of jealousy that leads to those types of allegations sometimes.

If SU ever started funneling kids in like this, the NCAA would be beating down our doors and next thing you know we would get the death penalty. It's sickening to see this scumbag walk away from two colleges where the school suffered while he had nothing done to him. If anyone thinks he's not crooked then you really, really need to look in the mirror. Like Weedsportswarrior said in earlier post, he is a POS.

That is all easy to say but where is the proof?
Marcus Camby recieved gifts from an agent. Derrick Rose was deemed inelgible due to faulty SAT scores. Not really a smoking gun to call Cal a cheater.

He is merely taking full advantage of a stupid rule that the NBA implemented. He gets guys drafted at an alarming rate. Guys that dont start and hardly play get drafted.

Its not like they are winning Championships every year. He has one title in his career. Rick Pitino almost had 3 at UK.

Cal being called a cheater is nothing more than pure jealousy of fans of other teams. If Boeheim was pulling all these 5 star guys you would not say anything.

Now I live in Kentucky and I am surrounded by UK fans. Its unbelievable. I despise UK basketball. But to just crap all over Cal for bogus claims is uncalled for.

Marcus Camby recieved gifts from an agent. Derrick Rose was deemed inelgible due to faulty SAT scores. Not really a smoking gun to call Cal a cheater.

He is merely taking full advantage of a stupid rule that the NBA implemented. He gets guys drafted at an alarming rate. Guys that dont start and hardly play get drafted.

Its not like they are winning Championships every year. He has one title in his career. Rick Pitino almost had 3 at UK.

Cal being called a cheater is nothing more than pure jealousy of fans of other teams. If Boeheim was pulling all these 5 star guys you would not say anything.

Now I live in Kentucky and I am surrounded by UK fans. Its unbelievable. I despise UK basketball. But to just crap all over Cal for bogus claims is uncalled for.

"It's this a hornets nest? Let's give it a good kick and see what happens."

You must bevnew to the recruiting game then. You can believe what you want but there are A LOT of us know the real truth. If you don't believe me just ask world wide Wes.

This was coach cal propaganda.

It was intriguing.

He told his players after a loss to texas am in the ncaas that they were screwed over by the refs. Nice message.

Not one comment from coach cal on world wide wes. Breezed over the situation like it was fine. A 30:30 on wes would be better. I still dont understand how someone affiliated with an agency/on agency's payroll can funnel players to a particular school.

Derrick rose taking the sats in detroit is hilarity.

They were kind of screwed, they called a bogus T on a guy pounding the ball into the ground celebrating a rebound and foul late in OT - it also was not in the NCAA's. It was in regular season SEC play.

I watched. Good show. I may be in the minority because I actually kind of like Cal. He just seems pretty genuine. He is a great smooth talker. You can tell instantly why he is a great recruiter.

He knows what it takes to be successful and he goes for it. He does not care who likes it.

His system is predicated on getting a fresh class of stars every season. He can never take a season off. Ever. If he does the whole program sinks. The guy is a hard worker and has very high ambition.

He is very relatable to the kids. Takes them under his wings. Wins over the parents. But at the same time pushes them and never lets them rest on their laurels.

Like him or not the guy knows what he is doing.

He seems genuine?!?! You must buy lots of used cars dude.

He seems genuine?!?! You must buy lots of used cars dude.

The difference being the kids are buying what he is selling.
He is selling an opportunity to come to the premier basketball school in the country, play for one season, in front of the world, then make millions in the NBA.
It is not a smoke screen, scam, bill of goods, or snake oil. What Cal is doing is legit.

The NCAA already has it in for this guy. Did you watch the North Carolina game? They royally screwed UK badly. They already stripped him of games at UMass and Memphis. If he were cheating in any way they would snatch him up so quick your head would spin.

Now if you wanna talk about some scam artist, look at Lousville with their prostitutes and North Carolina with their phantom classes. Not one bit of trouble, no games taken away, nothing.

The difference being the kids are buying what he is selling.
He is selling an opportunity to come to the premier basketball school in the country, play for one season, in front of the world, then make millions in the NBA.
It is not a smoke screen, scam, bill of goods, or snake oil. What Cal is doing is legit.

The NCAA already has it in for this guy. Did you watch the North Carolina game? They royally screwed UK badly. They already stripped him of games at UMass and Memphis. If he were cheating in any way they would snatch him up so quick your head would spin.

Now if you wanna talk about some scam artist, look at Lousville with their prostitutes and North Carolina with their phantom classes. Not one bit of trouble, no games taken away, nothing.
That's cause he's selling this -
upload_2017-4-14_9-8-21.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom