Calipari wants to run the Knicks? | Syracusefan.com

Calipari wants to run the Knicks?

upload_2017-6-29_18-16-15.jpeg

I'm conflicted. On the one hand, getting this cancer out of college ball would be a godsend. On the other, I'm a knicks fan and absolutely don't want him involved with the franchise. It's bad enough ... and we finally got rid of Mr. Triangle himself.
These are my exact same thoughts!

Guy's a snake-oil salesman. He'll bring in his homies and overpay them. Hope they hire him.

Oh dear god no.

How awesome would it be for Paypal to leave and his recruits then go elsewhere...Here sits us with no scollies... that would just be epic

Give him about 4 years or so and every time a former Kentucky players contract is up that he likes, he will recruit them to sign with the Knicks as a FA.

With that said, Kentucky must be in hot water for him to want to bolt. And if it's not then it will be interesting to see who gets that job. I would not be shocked to see someone like Mike Brey get it

I'm conflicted. On the one hand, getting this cancer out of college ball would be a godsend. On the other, I'm a knicks fan and absolutely don't want him involved with the franchise. It's bad enough ... and we finally got rid of Mr. Triangle himself.

My love for college bball and syracuse is greater than the knicks and the nba, therefor I say lets get this done.

If Calipari left it's obvious the Kentucky boosters would offer Billy Donovan insane money to leave OKC.

I can't see PayPal leaving Kentucky though.

He should be ok, as long as he's not coaching them.
Seems obvious to me this is his admission/tell that he knows hes not much of a coach. Imo he believes in his salesmenship/recruiting qualities...coaching not so much...

My love for college bball and syracuse is greater than the knicks and the nba, therefor I say lets get this done.
Make him president long enough for "University" of Ky to hire someone else. Then demote him to "triangle supervisor" (with an office in the basement).

upload_2017-6-29_21-33-44.png

hiring Cal and not even looking at a guy like Kupchak would be a most Dolanesque move

Knicks should be all over Sam Presti or Masai Ujiri.

If either of those 2 will take the job Dolan should hire them. Hiring Calipari would be great for Kentucky haters.

Calipari is just like Nick Saban. Both couldn't cut it at the professional level where the playing field is far more level from a talent standpoint. UK and Alabama respectively get the cream of the crop consistently, and, unequivocally, the proximate cause of their collegiate successes. Hardly debatable in my view.

On a somewhat related matter, I've always maintained a similar position in regards to Phil Jackson and his anointed 'Zen Master' status. He was as fortunate as any coach could ever be, having attain those championships on the coattails of MJ & Co. as well as Kobe & Shaq in their primes too. The 'Zen Master' of masquerade in my book.

Last edited:
He can't sweet talk his way to a NBA title the same way he somehow convinces top 10 recruits he'll get them to the NBA better than other coaches.

Calipari is just like Nick Saban. Both couldn't cut it at the professional level where the playing field is far more level from a talent standpoint. UK and Alabama respectively get the cream of the crop consistently, and, unequivocally, the proximate cause of their collegiate successes. Hardly debatable in my view.

On a somewhat related matter, I've always maintained a similar position in regards to Phil Jackson and his anointed 'Zen Master' status. He was as fortunate as any coach could ever be, having attain those championships on the coattails of MJ & Co. as well as Kobe & Shaq in their primes too. The 'Zen Master' of masquerade in my book.
Who won championships without great players?

Who won championships without great players?

To answer your question, Rollie Massimino for one, Jim Valvano another...Jay Wright too. I don't think most would consider anyone on 'Nova's championship team last year as "great" players. I could find some more, but the aforementioned quickly come to mind.

Last edited:

Just like Nick Saban with a lot less rings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom