Calipari wants to run the Knicks? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Calipari wants to run the Knicks?

No doubt the Finals ratings are great, it's a 1 week a year sport and that's the one week. The rest of the year the ratings aren't good in fact they are way down. Down some 14% for 27 of 30 teams in the league on the local front and the national ratings (TNT/ESPN) are down as well. When you have killed the regular season off and the playoffs (minus the Finals) nobody wants to watch the games as everyone knows the outcomes are meaningless!! Local NBA ratings drop substantially during 2016-17 season

Players taking less money does NOT help the rest of the players that is a silly myth. When the next CBA is up you will see how the owners will have their way and mop the floor with the union over this. Less for the top players does not mean more for everyone else in the long-run it will mean less for everyone in the long-run. The sport is dying slowly and all of the warning signs are there.

2 issues

1) Who are the guys taking less money? Durant is one, and hes going to get his next summer anyway. Lebron is done taking paycuts. Steph just took the max.
2) The big 3 all took a little less in the summer of 2010, and in the last CBA, the revenue split stayed the same. So I don't think it's a huge issue. I could be wrong I guess. The new CBA is 7 years in length, so let's revisit this in like 2023

Last edited:
If Calipari were to take the NYK job, how long will it take before UK gets investigated and placed on probation? :cool:

I hope he goes... it would the best thing for college basketball.

If Calipari were to take the NYK job, how long will it take before UK gets investigated and placed on probation? :cool:

7 days

Never, Northern Kentucky would get 7 years probation and the Boeheim will get 100 more wins vacated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom