Can Brandon average 20 ppg next year? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Can Brandon average 20 ppg next year?

Nobody, BT or anyone else , is going to average 20 pts/game. As was indicated before, with JBs offense, we are rarely going to see a 20 pt scoreing average. When we do, we usually don't have many other scoring options or we have an elite player. We do have a very balanced team this year, but not unlike last year where the scoring was fairly balanced as well. We'll see many nights with a different high scorer.

we are rarely going to see a 20 pt scoreing average. When we do, we usually don't have many other scoring options or we have an elite player.

Agree, and not to pick at things but for confidence and good news I would say a elite player can be pretty common in our system.

If JB finds a elite scorer he won't be afraid to ride him. He gave Melo, Flynn, Dnic, Gerry, and arguably Warrick and Greene the keys to the offense alone alot in the last decade.

Dion could have been that last year but wasn't quite ready. In 09-10 if Wes was better off the dribble he could have been.

Sadly, this is a age where the NBA drafts on potential. And then they jump to the NBA and never become truly elite, when they could of been elite for a year in college. I almost wish there was a rule the NBA could draft them, and choose to let them play another year in college with a one million dollar contract per year or something along those lines.

Gerry Dnic and Warrick were great examples of seasoning and what they did with it.
While guys like Flynn, Dion, Wes, Devendorf, Greene, and Fab just think what they could have done with another year or two.
Heck think what Melo could have done with another one or two years. It would have been rediculous especially next to a seasoned Gerry and Warrick.

I think next year MCW or Southerland have the best chance to getting the keys to the offense, but would throw Cooney or Triche in there as possible sleepers.
CJ is not that kind of scorer yet I feel. However he could suprise to be, and I feel he is the best all around positive play maker, glue guy, and hustler. Hes all over the place.

So what does that mean? I guess it depends on what role MCW plays. If he is the point guard I can see Brandon having the ability to score more. If Brandon runs the point his scoring will be less.

I don't see CJ being a focus on offense at any point in his career. He's the prototypical garbage man, cleaning up everyone else's messes and getting his little ten footers whenever he chooses.

it's important to point out that we haven't had a "focus" on offense at any point in the last three years. When teams have this much talent, it's pretty rare that you end up with one guy having the offense run through him.

So what does that mean? I guess it depends on what role MCW plays. If he is the point guard I can see Brandon having the ability to score more. If Brandon runs the point his scoring will be less.

I don't see CJ being a focus on offense at any point in his career. He's the prototypical garbage man, cleaning up everyone else's messes and getting his little ten footers whenever he chooses.

MCW will be our best penetrator, distributor, and decision-maker, while being a solid outside shooting threat. He'll impact the game more than Brandon. He's more talented.

I think you're underselling CJ a bit. We haven't needed him to do much more than be a garbage man to this point in his career. I agree he does all of the little things on the offensive end - and he'll continue to get offensive boards, put backs, and his little ten footers - but more will be asked of him this year and he's still evolving. I expect to see an improved ability to take his man off the dribble in addition to a better outside (3 pt) shooting touch. He may never be our go to guy, but he'll develop into a solid 2nd option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom