can dungey make the leap next year (crazy talk bear with me) | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

can dungey make the leap next year (crazy talk bear with me)

it's amazing how well the offense is doing with so little from butler - we all thought he was key in this thread months ago

It's one of the reasons that the WR is doing better than I expected, despite some inconsistency. That Riley has pushed to a quality #3, and Butler is settling in as the #4 receiver is a sign that we've got other weapons. Especially since a young colt like Harris is #5.

Next year, swap in Trishton Jackson for Custis, along with emerging S. Johnson / Queely, and we're suddenly cooking with oil.

It really is amazing that this offense is putting up the points it has and you can see that it is still only operating at about 75%. There is a whole bunch of room for improvement. It's going to happen. Maybe not this year, but next year could be even better. There have been far too many drops, and then missed passes when the WR's have got open. It's actually pretty scare. Not to mention we are basically operating as WR by committee. There isn't that clear #1 or even #2. Just a whole bunch of guys that can give you 2-4 catches a game. I think Custs can explode from time to time, but next year with more pure of a passer and our young core with experience, plus guys like Hendrix and Jackson, who could emerge as a #1 type. Hell, what if we some how get that former 5 star Auburn transfer. It would be really interesting to see this offense operating with 4 and 5 stars all over the skill positions.

our best deep threat in custis has gotten deep with single coverage 7-10 times, probably should have 5-6 TDs. our best returning WR Butler has been a blocker. johnson/riley seem dangerous. But the 2 kids johnson/Harris are what intrigues me in that with limited chances they have been open or open deep almost every time we have thrown to them. when you scheme guys open you need to make the play and we are abut 20% on those
and like you said thats really low hanging fruit.

2 yrs ago we had a guy who got deep any everyone
last yr we had 1 who made every catch and one that couldnt be covered in the slot

this yr we have a deep buy , 2 slots and 2 kids and then Butler

next yr i think if finally takes off when you add in the FR queeley/hendrix and the Transfer, teems will have to honor the deep ball over and over and the running game will never see more than 6 in the box

I say the same about Harris. Kid beats his man all the time but doesn’t block like other two yet.

It really is amazing that this offense is putting up the points it has and you can see that it is still only operating at about 75%. There is a whole bunch of room for improvement. It's going to happen. Maybe not this year, but next year could be even better. There have been far too many drops, and then missed passes when the WR's have got open. It's actually pretty scare. Not to mention we are basically operating as WR by committee. There isn't that clear #1 or even #2. Just a whole bunch of guys that can give you 2-4 catches a game. I think Custs can explode from time to time, but next year with more pure of a passer and our young core with experience, plus guys like Hendrix and Jackson, who could emerge as a #1 type. Hell, what if we some how get that former 5 star Auburn transfer. It would be really interesting to see this offense operating with 4 and 5 stars all over the skill positions.
it's almost like the dome was made for this type of offense

my god it took so long for the school to figure that out

our best deep threat in custis has gotten deep with single coverage 7-10 times, probably should have 5-6 TDs. our best returning WR Butler has been a blocker. johnson/riley seem dangerous. But the 2 kids johnson/Harris are what intrigues me in that with limited chances they have been open or open deep almost every time we have thrown to them. when you scheme guys open you need to make the play and we are abut 20% on those
and like you said thats really low hanging fruit.

2 yrs ago we had a guy who got deep any everyone
last yr we had 1 who made every catch and one that couldnt be covered in the slot

this yr we have a deep buy , 2 slots and 2 kids and then Butler

next yr i think if finally takes off when you add in the FR queeley/hendrix and the Transfer, teems will have to honor the deep ball over and over and the running game will never see more than 6 in the box
i'm in no rush but next year is going to be great

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom