Can somebody name one game in the last | Syracusefan.com

Can somebody name one game in the last

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
3 years where you said this program is really clicking and moving in the right direction? One freaking game where the plan was great, the adjustments were great, etc

Minnesota is the highlight of Shafer's career. MY point is how can anyone make a case that he has demonstrated that he can actually be a HC at this level or that progress moving forward is even a possibility?

Its crazy to think 4th year will be any different. I can name 10- 12 games from Marrone's first 3 years.

Defending the man is very very easy the coach is almost impossible and I think many are blinded by this.

Georgia Tech 2013. Just kidding. No argument here. Minnesota was our best performance all around in the 3 years.

3 years where you said this program is really clicking and moving in the right direction? One freaking game where the plan was great, the adjustments were great, etc

Minnesota is the highlight of Shafer's career. MY point is how can anyone make a case that he has demonstrated that he can actually be a HC at this level or that progress moving forward is even a possibility?

Its crazy to think 4th year will be any different. I can name 10- 12 games from Marrone's first 3 years.

Defending the man is very very easy the coach is almost impossible and I think many are blinded by this.

I discount low energy bowls as a kickstart. Sometimes the other team is p*ssed they are in such a crappy bowl and play accordingly. USC is the master of that.

I think the two games that impressed me w SS are the LSU one (there was tremendous buzz and we lost) and the season ending BC game to get us into a bowl. That was a great effort to win that game. Other than that, we have either made the 1 foot putt vs crappy teams, REALLY injured teams or teams we should flat out beat. Anyone remotely challenging we have lost to.

IthacaBarrel said:
3 years where you said this program is really clicking and moving in the right direction? One freaking game where the plan was great, the adjustments were great, etc Minnesota is the highlight of Shafer's career. MY point is how can anyone make a case that he has demonstrated that he can actually be a HC at this level or that progress moving forward is even a possibility? Its crazy to think 4th year will be any different. I can name 10- 12 games from Marrone's first 3 years. Defending the man is very very easy the coach is almost impossible and I think many are blinded by this.

I remember enjoying destroying NC State and Maryland in 2013. But the passing game was such a dud that it made those victories feel like fools gold.

Things were looking promising during the first four games of the season... A more upbeat offense that could score points. Surely they would win another three...

I was there for the USF punt and out-of-bounds hit debacles. I was still all-in watching the UVA and Pitt games... but was left thinking What? after both games. There is still some room for the staff & team to show me something, but that window is closing...

But to answer your question, no. No, I can't.

Minnesota in the Texas Bowl stands out to me but nothing after that. It's crazy that in the last two seasons, the Cuse has beaten Wake and CMU twice, along with FCS Villanova (should have lost) and RI once and no other P5 program. Time for a change!

Minnesota in the Texas Bowl stands out to me but nothing after that. It's crazy that in the last two seasons, the Cuse has beaten Wake and CMU twice, along with FCS Villanova (should have lost) and RI once and no other P5 program. Time for a change!

Exactly, how do you defend that? GROB at least had ND game..

The guy may be the greatest guy on the planet. Greatest mentor, greatest father, greatest dad. But the quoted above speaks for itself. Its unacceptable. I can't fathom how the pro shafer guys are rationalizing to keep him for another year. The more i think i about, the more i realize theres no way Coyle keeps him around.

winning @ nc state and @ maryland by 2 tds + was pretty nice.

Starting 3-0 is nice and playing LSU tough with a 5th string qb is nice. Last year was an anomaly and this year the ball just isn't bouncing our way.

Dont forget Shafer is playing in the ACC - not the Big East.

I still see lots of evidence that the team is moving in the right direction and while he hasn't necessarily proved he can coach at this level, I'm not ready to say he can't yet. I think he should get a 4th year to prove it or not be able to prove it.

I discount low energy bowls as a kickstart. Sometimes the other team is p*ssed they are in such a crappy bowl and play accordingly. USC is the master of that.

I think the two games that impressed me w SS are the LSU one (there was tremendous buzz and we lost) and the season ending BC game to get us into a bowl. That was a great effort to win that game. Other than that, we have either made the 1 foot putt vs crappy teams, REALLY injured teams or teams we should flat out beat. Anyone remotely challenging we have lost to.

If Addazio wasn't a complete meathead who inexplicably threw the ball on their last possession when they could have come close to running the clock out if they ran the ball and went for a FG, there's no way we drive down the field to win that game.

If Addazio wasn't a complete meathead who inexplicably threw the ball on their last possession when they could have come close to running the clock out if they ran the ball and went for a FG, there's no way we drive down the field to win that game.

If you are saying that, you gotta say it both ways and we start this season 5-2.

winning @ nc state and @ maryland by 2 tds + was pretty nice.

Starting 3-0 is nice and playing LSU tough with a 5th string qb is nice. Last year was an anomaly and this year the ball just isn't bouncing our way.

Dont forget Shafer is playing in the ACC - not the Big East.

I still see lots of evidence that the team is moving in the right direction and while he hasn't necessarily proved he can coach at this level, I'm not ready to say he can't yet. I think he should get a 4th year to prove it or not be able to prove it.

What lots of evidence do you see?

closest i can come is BC in 2013. not great per play but a lot of plays, a lot of yards, a good all around game by hunt

Well, it's kind of funny that the one game you picked out of GRob's 4 years was his final game that occurred after he had already been fired.

talent level. youth.

Eh, that's a little overplayed.

Against UofL we started 3 seniors and 2 juniors on the OL.

We started a Junior and very experienced Sophomore at WR, and a Junior at TE.

12 of the 21 RB carries went to experienced Sophomores and Juniors.

We're young at QB and one halfback. But the rest of the O isn't uniquely young by modern college football standards. But we're very experienced on the line and at the receiver spot.

Loving all the new angles we are able to find to beat the hell out of this coach staff. :eat popcorn:
Also in before you don't have to read my post or etc etc etc blah blah blah

And it's a weaker argument when you really look at it closely.

Yeah, it really is. A true frosh qb is rare. Frosh at the other skill positions not so much. One true frosh at DL, situational. A secondary that is a mess.

There is your YOUTH Movement. What's the real movement that is different than many other programs? The qb. That is it really

Eh, that's a little overplayed.

Against UofL we started 3 seniors and 2 juniors on the OL.

We started a Junior and very experienced Sophomore at WR, and a Junior at TE.

12 of the 21 RB carries went to experienced Sophomores and Juniors.

We're young at QB and one halfback. But the rest of the O isn't uniquely young by modern college football standards. But we're very experienced on the line and at the receiver spot.

Young at QB but with a true Freshman QB, the level of play is probably better than if ED wasn't starting. So that's a wash IMO.

grob also had lville on the road where we looked like world beaters, andrew robinson looked like the next coming, and mike will was mike will.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom