Can someone explain why our RPI is high? | Syracusefan.com

Can someone explain why our RPI is high?

blust2i3d4

Starter
We only played one game and it is a loss at home court. Shouldn't it result to a very low RPI for us? Thanks in advance.

We only played one game and it is a loss at home court. Shouldn't it result to a very low RPI for us? Thanks in advance.

You need about two months of game results/data points before the RPI fleshes itself out and looks normal. And even then it's not the preferred metric anymore.

Looking at it now would be like measuring whether someone is a good free throw shooter or not after they have attempted one free throw.

You need about two months of game results/data points before the RPI fleshes itself out and looks normal. And even then it's not the preferred metric anymore.

Looking at it now would be like measuring whether someone is a good free throw shooter or not after they have attempted one free throw - which they bricked.

FIFY.

what is it?

what is it?
according to this, it's 123, so i don't understand the original post

and here is an example of small sample size weirdness: uva was #1 after defeating syracuse, drops all the way to 87 after beating jmu

Looking at it now would be like measuring whether someone is a good free throw shooter or not after they have attempted one free throw.

or like saying Guerrier can’t shoot 3’s based on about 20 shot attempts.

according to this, it's 123, so i don't understand the original post

and here is an example of small sample size weirdness: uva was #1 after defeating syracuse, drops all the way to 87 after beating jmu

That is more reasonable. I am using Yahoo Sports which ranked us the 57th on the RPI.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom