Can SU land a nationally recruited 4 Star Recruit | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Can SU land a nationally recruited 4 Star Recruit

"We're in the top 45!"

"Naw, we're #46"
At 46, we have an .855 average grade. That is higher than 5 teams ranked higher. 3 teams in the top 25 have an 86 grade.

The lack of belief is understandable, looking at pre babers 2000's classes. Here they are:
2000: .719
2001: .715
2003: .79
2004: .77
2005: .79
2006: .79
2007: .81
2008: .80
2008: .80
2009: .80
2010: .82
2011: .80
2012: .81
2013: .81
2014: .82
2015: .82

Our lowest rated recruits are better than our previous AVERAGE.(by a bit)

Don't let your past influence your future. Things are different.

*one of the biggest sites* has us ranked 34 nationally and 7 in conference.. my point is that ‘another step up’ to a top 40 class isn’t really that much of a step because we are essentially almost there. And if that’s our ceiling, then $#!&

That 34th was on 247 prior to Sampson not signing and the latest update isn't it? I assumed that' what that gray box meant was for. Class isn't in the top 50 on ESPN and is 55th on rivals so we still seem to be a ways from a top 40 class.

That 34th was on prior to Sampson not signing and the latest update isn't it? I assumed that' what that gray box meant was for. Class isn't in the top 50 on ESPN and is 55th on rivals so we still seem to be a ways from a top 40 class.

The grey box is the actual 24-7 ranking, the bigger box is the composite ranking.

The grey box is the actual 24-7 ranking, the bigger box is the composite ranking.

Ahh ok. Wasn't sure how that worked. Bizarre to be in the 30s there and 50s everywhere else.

Ahh ok. Wasn't sure how that worked. Bizarre to be in the 30s there and 50s everywhere else.

ESPN has some kind of weird algorithm they use that includes positional need or something like that. So their rankings always vary with the other sites.

ESPN has some kind of weird algorithm they use that includes positional need or something like that. So their rankings always vary with the other sites.

I've always thought they were very liberal with QBs. Think Johnny Miller, AJ & Edouard were all 4* guys and combined to do nothing.

I hate the name of this thread.
"Can SU Land a Nationally Recruited 4 Star Recruit?"

It makes us look like such losers to the 4 star players and their families who land on this board when doing their research on Syracuse.

For the record YES WE CAN considering Dino's beaten out national powers every class since he's been here.

If you want to be a superstar on offense and you fit Dino's system, there is no place in the nation where you can put up bigger numbers than the Dome.

It makes us look like such losers to the 4 star players and their families who land on this board when doing their research on Syracuse.

For the record YES WE CAN considering Dino's beaten out national powers every class since he's been here.

If you want to be a superstar on offense and you fit Dino's system, there is no place in the nation where you can put up bigger numbers than the Dome.
I think it was supposed to be sarcastic as one person suggested that Syracuse can't land a player of Mychale Salahudins caliber, which the person said was a "National Recruit", but couldn't really define exactly what a "National recruit" is.

That 34th was on prior to Sampson not signing and the latest update isn't it? I assumed that' what that gray box meant was for. Class isn't in the top 50 on ESPN and is 55th on rivals so we still seem to be a ways from a top 40 class.

Rvls ranking will go way up once 7 more kids are inked. They’re very weighted towards quantity

Agree, cannot stand the name of this thread. While I get why its being posed I guess, to me it doesn’t matter. You always try... whether you win (get the 4 star) or not. This feels like a “defeatest” mindset type of question.

Rvls ranking will go way up once 7 more kids are inked. They’re very weighted towards quantity

Majority of teams will still be signing a bunch more players. Not sure it's going to be too big of a move.

Majority of teams will still be signing a bunch more players. Not sure it's going to be too big of a move.

Not really. We’re behind numbers wise than the majority of the teams in front of us. I’ve actually looked.

Not really. We’re behind numbers wise than the majority of the teams in front of us. I’ve actually looked.

Me too. Of the 5 teams in front of us, 2 have more commits. Of the 5 behind us, 3 have less.

Me too. Of the 5 teams in front of us, 2 have more commits. Of the 5 behind us, 3 have less.
Wait, we shot up to 6th? Who knew?

Wait, we shot up to 6th? Who knew?

You slept in too long, we got 9 4* guys last night. #nasty9

we have 16 kids signed. the majority of schools in front of us have more kids signed than we do. We don't know what the final tally's are going to be but the one certainty is that nobody can sign more than 25 kids.

#53 Syracuse - 16
#52 Cincy - 20
#51 Houston - 21
#50 UCLA - 8
#49 Georgia Tech - 18
#48 Pittsburgh - 16
#47 Rutgers - 19
#46 South Florida - 24
#45 Illinois - 18
#44 Ole Miss - 14
#43 Texas A&M - 9
#42 Purdue - 22
#41 Arizona - 16
#40 Nebraska - 12
#39 UNC - 14
#38 Colorada - 20

**our ranking might be a little lower in actuality because Jordan, Dixon and Smith are calculated in and I d0n't believe Jordan or Dixon will end up signing here either, but we also don't know how many kids in the same boat are committed to the other schools either.

**If we sign the kids I think we're going to sign we should finish north of #50.

we have 16 kids signed. the majority of schools in front of us have more kids signed than we do. We don't know what the final tally's are going to be but the one certainty is that nobody can sign more than 25 kids.

#53 Syracuse - 16
#52 Cincy - 20
#51 Houston - 21
#50 UCLA - 8
#49 Georgia Tech - 18
#48 Pittsburgh - 16
#47 Rutgers - 19
#46 South Florida - 24
#45 Illinois - 18
#44 Ole Miss - 14
#43 Texas A&M - 9
#42 Purdue - 22
#41 Arizona - 16
#40 Nebraska - 12
#39 UNC - 14
#38 Colorada - 20

**our ranking might be a little lower in actuality because Jordan, Dixon and Smith are calculated in and I d0n't believe Jordan or Dixon will end up signing here either, but we also don't know how many kids in the same boat are committed to the other schools either.

**If we sign the kids I think we're going to sign we should finish north of #50.
Don't judge our class based on a site that ranks kids based on subscriptions.

I think it was supposed to be sarcastic as one person suggested that Syracuse can't land a player of Mychale Salahudins caliber, which the person said was a "National Recruit", but couldn't really define exactly what a "National recruit" is.
OK but unfortunately the sarcasm isn't evident to the recruits and families reading this board

OK but unfortunately the sarcasm isn't evident to the recruits and families reading this board

This board is absurdly tame compared to most. Least of the programs worries.

This is a different program now than it was 10-15 years ago. We have a dynamic staff who are tireless recruiters. We have a dynamic offense. We have better facilities. We have better funding and attention to the football program from the administration and the board. We are a member of a better conference.

To put it bluntly, if Rutgers under Schiano can land 4 and even 5 star talent out of NJ while still a member of the shell of the Big East that existed 2008-2012 utilizing playstations, stupid slogans and acronyms and a helicopter, we certainly can do it as well. Thinking we can't is just moronic. This is year 3 of Dino - the worm is going to turn this year, we will have a winning record and go to a bowl, and the momentum will really pick up. I expect the 2019 and 2020 classes to be the best we've seen in quite some time.

Here...hold on...I'll fix it.

Attention All Prospective Recruits, and Recruits Families, That Read These Boards!
The title of this thread is supposed to be read sarcastically. Syracuse University Can, and has landed 4 star recruits.
We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

There...all better.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom