Can we all agree? | Syracusefan.com

Can we all agree?

Wrinkle

Tyrolian Cat Eater
1) Start Guerrier in place of Sidibe and play him as many minutes as possible.

I don't think there can be much debate here. Guerrier impacts the game on both ends. Sidibe is beyond dreadful in most every regard, as we've known for some time. We're getting carved up in the paint no matter what personnel we play -- time to fully commit to small ball and never see Sidibe miss a layup again. Leapt out of my seat in rage when he stumbled and bumbled and missed the easy bucket off the beautiful Marek dish. My rage was directed at Boeheim for continuing to play a guy we know to be a certified bum. Sit him, forevermore.

2) Run the offense through Marek as much as possible. Full on point forward scheme.

As pathetic as it is to say, Marek is our best playmaker. Our best and most consistent offense starts with the ball in his hands. Buddy and Girard simply cannot create, nor can Goodine, at this juncture. We continue to get absolutely nothing out of high screen and roll with Girard. It will be unconventional, to be be sure, but good things happen when Marek initiates.

3) As for the defense -- no idea.

Beyond some decent contests in the paint, I thought the defense looked awful against Iowa. These easy post entries simply should not be available. Brutal to watch.

i'm cool with bullet #1. guerrier is playing much better. point 2 has merit but realistically marek is going to foul out most games. he's being asked to punch outside of his weight class. he's playing great but the beatdown is taking a toll. girard needs to take a deep breath. buddy needs to start playing D and making shots tm.

(tm this phrase is trademarked to coach boeheim and intended for the sole use of his broadcast excuses )

Guerrier who fully extended to touch an out-of-bounds pass thrown by an Iowa player? That guy? I don't really get the infatuation with him. Can he even play center? It's notoriously the most difficult position for a freshman to learn at SU.

I'm open to more minutes for a the kid, he'll probably improve, but I hope Edwards and Sidibe play all 40 at the center position.

Here's one we all can agree on: Bucknell is probably a really bad basketball team.

I do not agree with point 1. The missed layup was horrible, but he did have 8 points on 3-4 shooting, and led the team with 8 rebounds.

Neither guy is more than a 20-25 mpg guy on this team and that’s roughly what both are playing.

I think Edwards should play the great majority of the backup 5 minutes. We’re getting blown out anyway. He’s got potential. Might as well play him some.

Defense looks hopeless with these guards. We gotta score points.

1) Start Guerrier in place of Sidibe and play him as many minutes as possible.

I don't think there can be much debate here. Guerrier impacts the game on both ends. Sidibe is beyond dreadful in most every regard, as we've known for some time. We're getting carved up in the paint no matter what personnel we play -- time to fully commit to small ball and never see Sidibe miss a layup again. Leapt out of my seat in rage when he stumbled and bumbled and missed the easy bucket off the beautiful Marek dish. My rage was directed at Boeheim for continuing to play a guy we know to be a certified bum. Sit him, forevermore.

You get a like from me just for using the word "forevermore."
If you can work that into more posts, you'll get even MORE likes from me! Well done!

The minute distribution wasn't terrible last night.

Hughes - 40
Girard - 30
Marek - 29
Boeheim - 29
Sidibe - 27
Guerrier - 22
Goodine - 14

JB at times could always move Hughes to the 2 and put Guerrier in at the 3 with Marek and Sidibe.

Regarding point 1, we still need Sidibe, but why not. We need to change something. Also, Guerrier just reminds (along with Hughes) of a starter. I'm all in on him and I absolutely love his effort. The other guys are simply role players playing as starters because our recruiting has tanked.

Agree with #2 ...

Girard and Braswell -- Hughes, Dolezaj Guerrier. (on offense Hughes is the SG).
Girard freshly rested (28-30 mpg)..

Nobody has to learn a new defensive position (except braswell at the two) and we can focus on speeding up the game without pressing.

Dolezaj,Guerrier,Braswell can put up 5-6 jumpshots in that lineup, and offensive board. Our best 4 players for getting to the line.

Would have even said Dolezaj up top for runouts, if edwards was ready. We have 2 better rebounders (and Hughes can hold his own on the boards).

Last edited:
We need to have BS and Marek on the floor together as little as possible - we need them to stretch their fouls out as long as possible and putting them on the floor together increases potential for fouls. We also need to tweak the zone and literally say we are going to give your big guy 25 points and just do a much much better job on the perimeter. We are never going to guard bigs with this team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom