virginia
at clemson
at pitt
louisville
at georgia tech
duke
at louisville
georgia tech

if we go 5-3 that puts us at 19-12 and 11-7 in acc. lock?

if we go 4-4 thats 18-13 and 10-8, would definitely need at least 1 or 2 wins in acc tourny.

anything less than 4-4 and we'd have to win acc tourny to get in.

even after last nite i dont have much confidence in this team on the road, we just cant stop anyone. bottom line is we gotta keep winning at home if we wanna get to 11 acc wins. at the very least gotta go 3-1 at home, and i still think we gotta sweep the home games, i just dont see this team winning more than 1 road game the rest of the way.

They seemed pretty confident last night that 9 ACC wins gets you in. If we go 5-3 I would say it's a lock. That probably means we beat Clemson, GT twice and pitt and then the 5th win would be against one of those big time schools. They obviously can shoot the ball but damn do they need to do something to get Roberson going. You can usually tell right away if he has it or not for that night.

They seemed pretty confident last night that 9 ACC wins gets you in. If we go 5-3 I would say it's a lock. That probably means we beat Clemson, GT twice and pitt and then the 5th win would be against one of those big time schools. They obviously can shoot the ball but damn do they need to do something to get Roberson going. You can usually tell right away if he has it or not for that night.

yea the announcers brought up we went to the f4 last year only going 9-9 in conference, but its completely different circumstances. we had a solid non conference resume last year and thats what go us in along with the win at duke, this year its god awful so no chance 9-9 gets us in.

we, like the team, are just going to have to take it one game at a time. win the game in front of you and the rest will take care of itself

one nice thing is we are not the opponent for anyone else's Senior Day.

We need 12-6 to be a lock.
11-7 we will need a ACC tournament win.
10-8 we need 2 ACC tournament wins.
9-9 win the ACC tournament.

This. Though, I think 11-7 without an ACCT win could get us in. The primary factor then would be the number of upsets in mid major conference tournaments.

This. Though, I think 11-7 without an ACCT win could get us in. The primary factor then would be the number of upsets in mid major conference tournaments.

i agree. i guess 11-7 wouldnt be a stone cold 100% lock, but i think it would be pretty close, maybe 90%. 11-7 in the acc this year would be very impressive and worthy of an at large.

Though, I think 11-7 without an ACCT win could get us in.
11-7 with a first round ACCT loss would put us at 19-13 with some bad losses and not a great road/neutral record. Bubble would have to be very soft for that to get us in.

I have 11-7 as very high likelihood to get in even without an ACC win, but will not say lock. We will get a better idea within the next 2 weeks if 11-7 is enough.

One of the few things working in our favor is we are playing better late in the year versus our atrocious play early. Now we need to continue that momentum in February and knock off another team such as Louisville or Virginia to get any serious consideration.

Does the committee still value late season play vs early season?

One of the few things working in our favor is we are playing better late in the year versus our atrocious play early. Now we need to continue that momentum in February and knock off another team such as Louisville or Virginia to get any serious consideration.

Does the committee still value late season play vs early season?

they say they dont look at "last 10 games" anymore. its all about "overall body of work". and the way we stumbled down the stretch last year and still got in i tend to believe them.

they say they dont look at "last 10 games" anymore. its all about "overall body of work". and the way we stumbled down the stretch last year and still got in i tend to believe them.

Then we better win the ACC tournament because I don't think there will be a bubble team with as poor an OOC body of work as ours.

Sure, we COULD.

The challenge is that our remaining games are all formidable -- even the "easy" games are against teams that are playing well [records notwithstanding]. Clemson and Pitt on the road are both going to be tough. Two games against a GT team that is playing very well. Then Louisville twice, Duke, and UVa.

Tough slate. If we can somehow go 4-4 or 5-3, we'll really be earing our way back onto the bubble. Would be a helluva accomplishment to overcome such a poor start to the season, and this team is capable [they're also capable of losing all 8].

If we on Saturday we will finally see our team on the Bracket Matrix.
We still aren't receiving any spots yet. Wake is though.

11-7 with a first round ACCT loss would put us at 19-13 with some bad losses and not a great road/neutral record. Bubble would have to be very soft for that to get us in.

Agreed, which I kind of addressed in the rest of my post that you left out.

Then we better win the ACC tournament because I don't think there will be a bubble team with as poor an OOC body of work as ours.

Here were the current conference records of the last 4 teams in the tourney per the current Bracket Matrix

Seton Hall 3-6
Michigan 4-5
TCU 3-5
Georgia Tech 5-5

Yes the OOC will be weaker, but our conference portion if we get to 10 or 11 will be much better. The mix of the two will be very close.

If we on Saturday we will finally see our team on the Bracket Matrix.
We still aren't receiving any spots yet. Wake is though.

The Matrix has not been updated today. We will get a few, but not many. Wake is only on the matrix because of people who overrate the RPI in the "as of now" bracket.

Need some marquee wins on that schedule. 11-7 very well, but a 2-2 record against ville (2) and duke and Virginia would be tremendous. If possible 3-1 and I think those wins really open for us. And also I believe they said that we were winless in the road until we won. But we need wins on the road bad.

The bubble looks horrendous this year, so that should be in our favor...

How do you gauge whether the bubble is good or bad in a particular year? Aren't there 18-19 win bubble teams every year?

yea the announcers brought up we went to the f4 last year only going 9-9 in conference, but its completely different circumstances. we had a solid non conference resume last year and thats what go us in along with the win at duke, this year its god awful so no chance 9-9 gets us in.

I agree with you there. We have 0 good wins outside of the conference. The one thing that may go for us is if these teams below us keep losing and Cuse finishes 5th or 6th in conference it would be hard to keep them out when there's talk of 9-10 teams getting in. We will see. Have to finish strong obviously.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom