Can we talk some Fran Brown | Syracusefan.com

Can we talk some Fran Brown

Cuseregular

Hall of Fame
Holy moly I like, no love, what I saw yesterday.

First on the walk having all wear suits and ties, so sharp and sending a message of who they are and expectations. Being a cog in the fine mess SyraCruz tailgate wasn’t able to make it but hope to for one game.

His mannerisms and affect on the sidelines are stellar. Gone are the folded arms no emotions displayed for most of the game, appropriately engaged when the time calls for it, getting to the officials and more importantly getting into his own players and coaches grills with some animated emotions.

AFTER a td BY US showing his expectations are high wanting more coaching emoting teaching instead of celebrating. Also No low fiving players coming off the field after mistakes or the other team scores.

Pulling aside ur freshman rb on an important potentially game clinching scoring drive during a break to keep him calm n get inside his head to be sure to clutch the ball tight etc. Displaying the “it” quality to me of having the smarts and the ability to be a psychologist a bit. Like he did with duece and Laquint during camp to ensure solidarity for team cohesion and unity.

This demonstrates to me he has potential to be elite. First getting such a solid staff, then letting them do their thing, but still staying engaged with them like when on tv they caught his animated conversation with his dc.

Man having that ability to be almost an amateur psychologist is a key attribute that often separates the good from the great. In any leadership position.

And then selfishly in terms of on the field stuff, his pregame quick words in his interview was gold. Basically an homage to caring about us, being essentially blown away by the fans there and expressing how important it was to him to do well for that whole scene there, in other words the community!

This is gonna b the start of a special ride.

Last edited:

First on the walk having all wear suits and ties, so sharp and sending a message of who they are and expectations. Being a cog in the fine mess SyraCruz tailgate wasn’t able to make it but hope to for one game.

His mannerisms and affect on the sidelines are stellar. Gone are the folded arms no emotions displayed for most of the game, appropriately engaged when the time calls for it, getting to the officials and more importantly getting into his own players and coaches grills with some animated emotions.

AFTER a td BY US showing his expectations are high wanting more coaching emoting teaching instead of celebrating. Also No low fiving players coming off the field after mistakes or the other team scores.

Pulling aside ur freshman rb on an important scoring drive during a break to keeep him calm n get inside his head to be sure to clutch the ball tight etc. Displaying the “it” quality to me of having the smarts and the ability to be a psychologist a bit.

Like he did with duece and Laquint during camp to ensure solidarity for team cohesion and unity. This demonstrates to me he has potential to be elite. First getting such a solid staff, then letting them do their thing, but still staying engaged with them like when on tv they caught his animated conversation with his dc.

Man having that ability to be almost an amateur psychologist is a key attribute that often separates the good from the great. I’m any leadership position.

And then selfishly in terms of on the field stuff, his pregame quick words in his interview was gold. Basically an homage to us, being essentially blown away by the fans there and expressing how important it was to him to do well for that whole scene there, in other words the community!

OMG, plz forgive me responding to myself but forgot to mention one of the best parts!

Post game presser is fantastic and so great where the dude is so real/genuine/authentic, pick ur superlative.

So refreshing. No coach speak.

His answer why he went for the fourth and one is friggin gold, “wanted to show them I’m/we’re tougher than them and send that message”, words to that effect. How effen awesome is that!

Last edited:

His mannerisms and affect on the sidelines are stellar. Gone are the folded arms no emotions displayed for most of the game, appropriately engaged when the time calls for it, getting to the officials and more importantly getting into his own players andst coaches grills with some animated emotions.

Pulling aside ur freshman rb on an important scoring drive during a break to keeep him calm n get inside his head to be sure to clutch the ball tight etc. Displaying the “it” quality to me of having the smarts and the ability to be a psychologist a bit.

Like he did with duece and Laquint during camp to ensure solidarity for team cohesion and unity. This demonstrates to me he has potential to be elite. First getting such a solid staff, then letting them do their thing, but still staying engaged with them like when on tv they caught his animated conversation with his dc.

Man having that ability to be almost an amateur psychologist is a key attribute that often separates the good from the great. I’m any leadership position.

And then selfishly in terms of on the field stuff, his pregame quick words in his interview was gold. Basically an homage to us, being essentially blown away by the fans there and expressing how important it was to him to do well for that whole scene there, in other words the community!

I couldn't agree more. I truly believe that by season three Fran will have us in position to win the ACC. What he has accomplished in 9 months is pretty incredible. Fran, his staff, and the roster are only to get better. This year is going to set the foundation for a return SU always being a top 30 program. One that has the ability to compete with every team on the schedule. Next year is going to be extremely difficult one that will in all likelihood have taken a step back in wins but a huge step forward as a program. Year three will be our year.

I couldn't agree more. I truly believe that by season three Fran will have us in position to win the ACC. What he has accomplished in 9 months is pretty incredible. Fran, his staff, and the roster are only to get better. This year is going to set the foundation for a return SU always being a top 30 program. One that has the ability to compete with every team on the schedule. Next year is going to be extremely difficult one that will in all likelihood have taken a step back in wins but a huge step forward as a program. Year three will be our year.
Yep that’s is exactly what I said to some family post game. Saddle up it’s going to be a (always trending up but still) wild up and down ride!

I actually learned things from the post game presser. It was wild lol. It’s like he wants us to be part of this, not hiding stuff and only wanting our participation when it comes to buying tickets.

The pre-game presser was awesome too, he called out strengths of Ohio specifically, no generalization niceties.

I have always stood by wanting an honorable coach over a winning coach, I think we got both here.

Was he ripping vollano on sidelines. It was heated a few times.

He was ripping vollano and then going off in his headset a couple of times. However, the players need to know the coach cares that much. Dino would do nothing and players acted that way too. They follow the leader. When McCord threw TDs, I watched him and he was hyped up and fist pumping like it really does matter and that winning is super important. Lequint was fired up more than ever all game too. It was fun to see the intensity but that is coming from Fran for sure

Pulling aside ur freshman rb on an important potentially game clinching scoring drive during a break to keep him calm n get inside his head to be sure to clutch the ball tight etc. Displaying the “it” quality to me of having the smarts and the ability to be a psychologist a bit. Like he did with duece and Laquint during camp to ensure solidarity for team cohesion and unity.

This demonstrates to me he has potential to be elite. First getting such a solid staff, then letting them do their thing, but still staying engaged with them like when on tv they caught his animated conversation with his dc.

Man having that ability to be almost an amateur psychologist is a key attribute that often separates the good from the great. In any leadership position.

And then selfishly in terms of on the field stuff, his pregame quick words in his interview was gold. Basically an homage to caring about us, being essentially blown away by the fans there and expressing how important it was to him to do well for that whole scene there, in other words the community!

Good post. I didn’t hear about the suits until after the fact. And love it.

Loved that in the presser he put it all on him.

Said they didn’t tackle well and that it was on him for not having them more prepared essentially.

Something we haven’t really heard recently at Cuse, a coach taking ownership for his teams actions

Good post. I didn’t hear about the suits until after the fact. And love it.
The guys are all set for their first job interviews. Unfortunately, if you’re an under class-man, they probably won’t fit when you’re a senior. The way this strength and conditioning program works, in 3-4 years they’ll be twenty pounds or more bigger. :)

The guys are all set for their first job interviews. Unfortunately, if you’re an under class-man, they probably won’t fit when you’re a senior. The way this strength and conditioning program works, in 3-4 years they’ll be twenty pounds or more bigger. :)
I’m hoping it’s new suits every year for guys that need them. 125 suits didn’t happen overnight. They must have started these months ago. My guess is even some guys this year re-shaped their bodies out of their custom suit.

I didn’t like the cap Fran wore.

Was he ripping vollano on sidelines. It was heated a few times.
I saw that. Also saw after one kick return, Malachi was slightly limping coming off and Fran went right over to rip him about something. Looked like he might have gone the wrong way and missed a lane.

UItimateIy, recruiting wiII determine Coach's success. Seems Iike he can recruit.

Coach seems to be super intense. I don't think you'II see a Iot of bonehead footbaII under this guy.

I think this is going to be a memorabIe era.

UItimateIy, recruiting wiII determine Coach's success. Seems Iike he can recruit.

Coach seems to be super intense. I don't think you'II see a Iot of bonehead footbaII under this guy.

I think this is going to be a memorabIe era.

He’s hitting that recruiting trail hard. I Harare we had close to 40 recruits at the game. And it looks like another big number for this weekend.

Go Orange!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rocketjcat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom