Can you hear the outrage... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Can you hear the outrage...

AndrewSiciliano Andrew Siciliano

This a circus. I hope these aren't journalism students badgering this guy. If so, their careers will be short. Embarrassing.

Have to give this guy some credit. He's weathering a tough storm with dignity. I would not want to be him.

He did a great job in a tough environment. He's thinking about PSU while the yahoos asking questions are thinking about the football team.

RF, this is amazing to me. Quite frankly, this is the reaction I was expecting if they let him finish the season.

I just have a difficult time wrapping my head around how anyone could feel incredulity about his dismissal. There isn't a media venue that isn't unilaterally demanding his head--even those connected to Penn State in the sports media. Who the F were these misinformed clowns at the press conference?

Christ--I'm listening to Penn State alum / Paterno apologist Matt Millen right now, and even he gets it [paraphrasing]: "This is a sad day, but it is a matter of what's best for the university, not a football based decision."

When these kids have real lives some day, real jobs, real families, they'll understand how ridiculous they behaved tonight. They were incredulous. Crazy

Has anyone ever heard anything like that before? Unbelievable ...

If they are students, they will look back and realize how foolish they were. As for Steve Levy, this is not like the day President Kennedy was killed Steve. People won't remember where they were when they heard the news.

The local media is getting trashed by real media on Twitter. You have to wonder if the younger kids who have their names on these stories are going to be able to get real jobs in the future. Can't imagine Columbia, Newhouse or Medill students being this homerific.

Some of the dumbest people you will ever meet will be in college and these kids are proving that in that pc, What is wrong with these kids

If they are students, they will look back and realize how foolish they were. As for Steve Levy, this is not like the day President Kennedy was killed Steve. People won't remember where they were when they heard the news.

HAHAHAHAHA. I was thinking the same thing. I was like, steve, come on man

Thought the Vice Chair did a good job. Couldn't have been the easiest night of his career. Some of those media members were out of control. You just wonder if some of these people have any clue how serious and shameful this is outside of their blue and white world.

They must have drawn straws about who would be the spokesperson for the BOT at this press conference and Surma drew the short straw.

What a position to be in. I think he did a pretty good job...considering.

I just have a difficult time wrapping my head around how anyone could feel incredulity about his dismissal. There isn't a media venue that isn't unilaterally demanding his head--even those connected to Penn State in the sports media. Who the F were these misinformed clowns at the press conference?

Christ--I'm listening to Penn State alum / Paterno apologist Matt Millen right now, and even he gets it [paraphrasing]: "This is a sad day, but it is a matter of what's best for the university, not a football based decision."

Dash, one more thing to add: Millen just said [paraphrasing]: "If we've already had this much stuff come to light, just imagine what will come out when the investigation digs in and the layers of the onion get peeled back."

Ah. So that's why Penn State isn't known for its journalism program.

The reaction by PSU students and local media is disgraceful, disgusting, and psychotic. I have no words...

Penn State board is melting down with calls for the BOT to step down and saying that they will vote them out for being "cowards" and "caving to the national media". What complete scumbags. My son will never step foot anywhere near that campus ever.

http://mbd.At their request, this n...rom this site./mb.aspx?s=157&f=1395&t=8234796

The reaction by PSU students and local media is disgraceful, disgusting, and psychotic. I have no words...

They didn't seem to care much about these kids but ohh no JoePa can't go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom