Can you hear the outrage... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Can you hear the outrage...

Exactly RF. I have to believe that there is a lot more to come. There must be a reason why people did nothing to bring this monster to justice.

A CNN correspondent [not sure which one] just made the observation that the student reaction is an embarrassment to Penn State, and makes the university look incredibly bad to everyone else who understands the magnitude of this scandal.

Seriously, these students are an embarrassment to Penn State. I'd throw if Syracuse students ever acted in a similar fashion.

Well now let's think about this. If this scandal took down Syracuse football, we still have basketball. And if a scandal then took down basketball we still have lacrosse. What's Penn State got besides football? Women's volleyball?

(I'm being facetious, of course.)

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) _ Paterno: "Right now, I'm not the football coach, and that's something I have to get used to"

On one of the 6 pm sports broadcast they showed seven kids from one of the local high schools (Niskayuna) signing their LOI's. All of the kids were outfitted in their new college gear. One girl had a Syracuse sweatshirt, others were schools like UAlbany and Holy Cross and one kid had on a Penn State T-shirt and hat. You wonder how that kid feels on what should be one of the happiest day of his life. Possibly he can petition the NCAA to revoke his LOI that he sent in.

statement-forweb.jpg

Exactly RF. I have to believe that there is a lot more to come. There must be a reason why people did nothing to bring this monster to justice.

It's like freaking Jonestown. There's a true cult of personality for Paterno. It's a cult.

@greggdoyelcbsGregg Doyel

They're out of ideas. Going to stadium now to do the same chants. The repetitiveness reminds me of Cameron Indoor

...PSU is a mess...the board acted in best interest of the university not the football team....the end had to come...but should have been handled better all around...unless board found that Paterno covered it up, I mean covered it up, then the manner in which they ended his tenure was poorly managed. In an earlier post i alluded to fact that the felon who committed this acts, resigned from PSU at the age of 55...for no apparent reason...did Paterno and the university know what was going on and simply pushed him out to pasture...of course giving him a key to the sports complex as a payoff...as i said...what a mess!

...PSU is a mess...the board acted in best interest of the university not the football team....the end had to come...but should have been handled better all around...unless board found that Paterno covered it up, I mean covered it up, then the manner in which they ended his tenure was poorly managed. In an earlier post i alluded to fact that the felon who committed this acts, resigned from PSU at the age of 55...for no apparent reason...did Paterno and the university know what was going on and simply pushed him out to pasture...of course giving him a key to the sports complex as a payoff...as i said...what a mess!

Why would they possibly give this guy a key to the sports complex, an office and full access? Especially after what he did. Why?

I'm wondering if this guy has something on someone?

The only thing I'll say is that I'll give the majority of students the benefit of the doubt--that the morons acting out tonight are a vocal minority who just don't understand the gravity of the situation, or the reprehensible attrocities that were perpetrated against a dozen [or more] children under JoePa's watch.

this BOT apparently has no one that knows anything about press...tweets were saying that the professional press was begging them to wait for them to set up-- they announced the presser would be at 10pm and it was not in the room where they met- why was press not allowed into room to set up and be ready? I think anyone who could get into that hotel wound up in that room. Who the hell asks did you consider the town could be burned down in your decision making?

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) _ Paterno: "Right now, I'm not the football coach, and that's something I have to get used to"
Right now?

He still is thinking its not final?

HAHA, Paterno was informed over the phone.
They said they did it over the phone to prevent even more of a disturbance. Ya ok, the whole country is tuned in. Doesn't get much bigger than that. None of them wanted to look joePa in the eyes. Wouldn't want to be on the BOT during this disaster. Penn St. Is dead for a long, long time.

Wow. Trevor matich is an idiot

Is that the guy on espn news? if so, he looks like a robo cop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom