Cancelling Scout | Syracusefan.com

Cancelling Scout

JeremyCuse

Living Legend
Ok so I waited to post this until the move was official as I figured more people would have the same questions.

Scout re-upped my account at the beginning of the month for another year.
Has anyone cancelled yet? Any idea if they will refund most of the money or at least only charge me for the one month in August? Are they pushing back against cancelling?

Any responses would be appreciated.

I just called to cancel my month to month. I was on a complimentary 3 month stretch after trying to cancel earlier in the summer. They tried to get me to stay on for another 2 months for free i declined and they said they would just cancel at the end of my current term. Not sure if it's different for the yearly subscription people.

I think you are SOL...you can call them but I doubt you'll get a refund. I would recommend everyone on auto renew to call and and have them take you off. The bad news is the mass migration to Scout happened in late July or early August way back when and many folks just renewed annually.

BTW, don't even try to cancel online...you have to call.

i just got an email yesterday letting me know mine would automatically renew september 5th. im planning on calling sometime next week to cancel it.

I would think they woudl have to refund some % of the money if its for a year subscription and someone cancels less then a month in.

From my cancellation email:
"Your subscription will be honored through your Anniversary Date based on any payments made. Per our Terms and Conditions, no refunds can be given for cancelled subscriptions"

Yup just called and found that out. F#ck on the hook for the whole $99.95 through next August. Oh well what can you do. I will have to harass Bees into comping me a premium membership here for a few months once we get a premium board, lol.

Yup just called and found that out. F#ck on the hook for the whole $99.95 through next August. Oh well what can you do. I will have to harass Bees into comping me a premium membership here for a few months once we get a premium board, lol.

I nominate you for Cali's Guardian over at Scout for the next year.

To cancel your subscription please call the Scout Customer Service Center at 1-888-979-0979 . Our hours are 7am-4pm Pacific Time, Monday thru Friday.

Once we have premium content, including the chat, that's exactly what we'll do.

I nominate you for Cali's Guardian over at Scout for the next year.

LOL, I was going to talk to Bees at the tailgate about giving him his own boarrd here so he wont clog up the regular board and eventually the premium. We should be safe for a few months though until Cali realizes we didnt go to Rivals.

Canx as well mine sub was up in sep so no big deal. They did try to offer a few free months which I said no to.

I just cancelled. Thank god I was month to month.

They tried to get me to stick around for 3 more months but I said no thanks.

To cancel your subscription please call the Scout Customer Service Center at 1-888-979-0979 . Our hours are 7am-4pm Pacific Time, Monday thru Friday.
If you just signed up for a year (or renewed) and Scout won't help you, maybe you can get your money back by contacting your credit card company?

Thanks. Just cancelled. They asked the reason, I said "Because I'll follow rrlbees into the depths of hell". Then I hung up. Then I called back to confirm the cancellation.

do they cancel right as you call or do you have till your expiration date?

Same here.
I just cancelled. Thank god I was month to month.

They tried to get me to stick around for 3 more months but I said no thanks.

Same here. Sayonara, Scout.

From my cancellation email:
"Your subscription will be honored through your Anniversary Date based on any payments made. Per our Terms and Conditions, no refunds can be given for cancelled subscriptions"

I'm paid through next May. Oh well, some of their "premium content" just might leak out. :)

Like all the stories about ND and SEC recruits.

Once we have premium content, including the chat, that's exactly what we'll do.

That sounds great Tom, really glad to hear that and so is my bank account.

I had an annual subscription that came up two weeks ago and was able to cancel it just now. They were fine over the phone. If you do run into problems, you can try protesting via credit card.

By the way, my one comment is that you should change your signature to just:

If you beat Rutgers its been a typical year.

Goodbye Scout... they offered me a 3 month complementary subscription w/ a new writer so I wonder if they're feeling the sting of everyone cancelling on them. Little do they know that I wasn't paying for their writers I was paying for the insider access provided by the mods. Thanks again to everything they do.

Thanks. Just cancelled. They asked the reason, I said "Because I'll follow rrlbees into the depths of hell". Then I hung up. Then I called back to confirm the cancellation.

LOL, thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom