Can't Wait Until PSU Next Year | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Can't Wait Until PSU Next Year

Yes...if you consider UNC, GTech and NCSt close enough in cachet to WVU along with Miami and VTech.

Ehh. You're including everyone now. And none are as good as WVU.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

CNYers need to man up and go to the Dome

I could say the same about a lot of fans. Including manning up and going to Metlife.

Ehh. You're including everyone now. And none are as good as WVU.

That is kinda the point...the ACC has about 6-7 teams on par with WVU to the average CNY casual fan.

So not much different from the game in the Dome in 2008 you're saying?
All I know is that if I see Marrone shadow boxing his players to psyche them up, I'll be sick. I still shudder at the thought of that buffoonery. People complain about his sideline demeanor, but I'll take the staid and composed HCDM.

That is kinda the point...the ACC has about 6-7 teams on par with WVU to the average CNY casual fan.

Not even close.

CNYers need to man up and go to the Dome
Syracuse fans PERIOD need to man up and go to games. I've bashed the local fan base many times before for not showing up to games for a veritable cavalcade of reasons, but this weekend I learned that it is not just a CNY problem, it's a SU Football fan problem.

While driving back from the game we passed a bar in Jersey City that my friend said was the local SU bar to watch the game. Why in the world does there need to be an SU alumni event at a bar 20 freaking minutes from the game?!?! Earlier I went to TNIAAM and perused the list of game watching spots to find a ton of places withing easy travel to the game. What is wrong with our "fan base" that we can't collectively get of our asses and go support the team? There aren't many leaves in the NYC area so that excuse is out the window.

As to the original intent of this thread - beyond the actual losing of a home game (which is over and done with so let's let it go unless it happens again) I don't have a problem with a neutral site game here as long as the NYC fans get their act together.

It was a great time, anyone who didn't go out of spite missed out. Those who couldn't go because of family, I commend you for putting them first.

Not even close.

Yeah, nobody will go see a Florida State game in the Dome, that just can't compare to the luster of play West Virginia.

Get real.

Yeah, nobody will go see a Florida State game in the Dome, that just can't compare to the luster of play West Virginia.

Get real.

FSU is 1 team. Mark said 6-7. Get real.

I think FSU, Miami, VT will all generate more interest from casual fans.

Clemson, BC will be similar.

GA Tech, Pitt, UVA, MD, UNC will be less.

NC St, Wake, Duke no one will care.

So we will have 1-3 WV type home games. The big difference will be in the other games vs the rest of the BE.

BTW I never understood why we seem to draw better for BC when they aren't as good as WV and I see more of a rivalry with WV. Not to mention that WV brings 10x as many fans.

I would say that there are a minimum of 3-4 teams annually who would generate as much interest as WVU. Clemson, FSU, VT, and Miami. They are all just as well-branded and popular, if not more so, than the 'Eers.

But I do miss the "minions of moonshine" on the schedule. Easily my favorite game of the year in previous seasons.

I would say that there are a minimum of 3-4 teams annually who would generate as much interest as WVU. Clemson, FSU, VT, and Miami. They are all just as well-branded and popular, if not more so, than the 'Eers.

But I do miss the "minions of moonshine" on the schedule. Easily my favorite game of the year in previous seasons.

Nobody will care about Clemson and Miami will soon be neutered. Plus, we don't play them all at home in a given season.

Nobody will care about Clemson and Miami will soon be neutered. Plus, we don't play them all at home in a given season.

We developed a nice rivalry with VaTech back in the 90s. If we get good again, and Clemson stays good, why couldn't we build something similar with them?

We developed a nice rivalry with VaTech back in the 90s. If we get good again, and Clemson stays good, why couldn't we build something similar with them?
Agreed especially when they start disrespecting our team and fan base for being Yankees. It'll take a few years but I see almost all football rivalries that will be the equal and better of those teams in the BE..as for Bees discounting Miami...I think it'll be better (even when they suck the next few years) than all but WVU...and should be close to what WVU generated last year pre game.

I think Clemson is going to be a good team for Cuse fans to hate. They have a very good program and it won't hurt if they come in nationally ranked with Chad Kelly as their QB.

Vatech will be our biggest rivalry of the good teams.

VaTech, Miami - 'name' team rivals
Pitt, BC, Maryland - traditional rivals
Duke, Virginia, UNC, Wake - potential rivals
FSU, NC State, Ga Tech, Clemson - nice games, not rivals

either way, the schedule is a HUGE upgrade over current one

Not even close.

You are right. It's not 6-7. I would say WVU is below about 4 ACC teams in terms of draw to the SU fan (FSU, Clemson, VT, Miami). Then you have about 6 ACC teams that should be a bigger draw than the next biggest Big East draw (I don't even know who that is by the way). But BC, GT, UNC, NC State, UVA, Maryland would all be more attractive to the average SU fan than Cincy, USF, Louisville, Rutgers, UConn. Pitt's a push, and you can argue that Duke and maybe even Wake is at the lower end Big East draw level.

It may not be the most attractive league schedule imaginable, but it's such an upgrade from today. I cannot wait.

Penn State is a THREE GAME series.

One in the Dome (2020)
One in State College (2021)
One in MetLife. (2013)

I stand corrected ... thanks for clearing that up for me OX. Would feel MUCH better if the Notre Dame series was created similarly.

I stand corrected ... thanks for clearing that up for me OX. Would feel MUCH better if the Notre Dame series was created similarly.

ND was a do you want to play us or don't you. If not you, it will be someone else. And I think, at the time, we wanted to take the opportunity that RU and UConn were passing on. Last time ND gave us 2 for 1, this time they were looking for a big city pro stadium for the school to host them.

I know people don't like it, but I'm always a big fan of playing ND. NYC and Chicago trips, can't beat it.

Vatech will be our biggest rivalry of the good teams.

Disagree, because we'll only be playing them every 3rd year.

I think Clemson is going to be a good team for Cuse fans to hate. They have a very good program and it won't hurt if they come in nationally ranked with Chad Kelly as their QB.

Don't forget the obnoxious fans.

Anyone who was at the 1995 Gator Bowl won't.

Plus just about all the ACC schools will travel to the Dome better than the NBE schools...the novelty of the bubble and beer will be a draw.

Don't forget the obnoxious fans.

Anyone who was at the 1995 Gator Bowl won't.

Never. Although a group of them at our hotel were nice enough to take us to dinner. But oh god the Raymond Priester this, and the c-l-e-m-s-o-n t-i-g-e-rrrr-s fight tigers fight tigers fight fight fight that. Best thing about that game was the guys outside the stadium selling the immediate 41-0 signs. They looked good taped on hotel doors.

ND was a do you want to play us or don't you. If not you, it will be someone else. And I think, at the time, we wanted to take the opportunity that RU and UConn were passing on. Last time ND gave us 2 for 1, this time they were looking for a big city pro stadium for the school to host them.

I know people don't like it, but I'm always a big fan of playing ND. NYC and Chicago trips, can't beat it.

ND approached Rutgers first, and they wouldn't move the games from Piscataway to MetLife.

UConn was next on speed dial, but ND wanted 1 game in Foxboro and 1 at MetLife, and they declined.

I hate that ND can command such special treatment ... but if they want to play on the East Coast, I'd rather have SU get the exposure than our competition.

Even better now that the ACC will be represented in the game, and not the BigDysfunction.

Never. Although a group of them was nice enough to take us to dinner. But oh god the Raymond Priester this, and the c-l-e-m-s-o-n t-i-g-e-rrrr-s fight tigers fight tigers fight fight fight that. Best thing about that game was the guys outside the stadium selling the immediate 41-0 signs. They looked good taped on hotel doors.

I remember the hearse with all the Clempson decals on it ... the Paw Bearer. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom