Carey needs to start | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Carey needs to start

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 minute ain't opportunity. especially after a few dnp's. do i really need to explain this ? it's called game flow.
He's averaged about 7 minutes per game in 7 ACC games, and his performance speaks for itself. He will get other opportunities this season, however, and I hope he takes advantage and earns a regular spot in the rotation. If not, a starting spot next season will still be his to lose.

yet
There's probably a reason, just like there's a reason Brissett doesn't get any minutes at center.

1 minute ain't opportunity. especially after a few dnp's. do i really need to explain this ? it's called game flow.

Can you explain his lack of contributions in the games that I provided stats for? Seems like he got plenty of "game flow" in those ones.

some here are of the mind that playing a 4 star recruit doesn't help him next year. i'll agree to disagree.

In an alternate universe, Jalen is playing 35 minutes a game and so is Sidibe (and we’re force-feeding him in the post as much as possible). And in that alternate universe, SU is 6-17 and this message board is filled with threads calling for Boeheim to be fired.

It’s basically ‘Backup Quarterback Syndrome’ that’s afflicting people... as if the guys that aren’t playing are somehow like Robby Benson in One on One.

so our back up point guard is our 40mpg shooting guard. that's ideal.

so our back up point guard is our 40mpg shooting guard. that's ideal.
Ideally, Carey would have backed up Howard at the point this season, and also backed up Battle for a few minutes at the 2. It hasn't worked out that way. Get over it.

who built the roster ? not me.
Howard had a serious setback in the run up to the season, and Carey was also slowed by injury early on. It happens. Go shake your fist at the sky and curse the basketball gods.

Last edited:
heard JB say in this post presser both guys are fine. next.

!thatstheticket.gif

got league play minute numbers . still close ? we know how buddy shot pre conference. but he still got minutes.

Jalen played way more minutes than Buddy in the nonconference...because he was playing better.

Buddy is playing way more minutes in the ACC...because he’s playing way better.

Tap out, t-bone.

Last edited:
You have to admit he's gotten very limited run in the last half dozen games. Maybe that's the right move, I don't know. But it's hard to pan his performance in these cameo roles. He knows if he makes one false move that horn is going to sound. That's tough for anybody to thrive in that type of setting.

The minutes have been so limited because he was playing bad when the minutes weren’t as limited though.

so you basically agree buddy got to play minutes thru down times ? we clear here ? and he improved.

so you basically agree buddy got to play minutes thru down times ? we clear here ? and he improved.

There’s nothing to agree or disagree on. Facts are facts. The number of minutes they each played in nonconference are right in this post.

Buddy got a lot of minutes in the couple games when Howard and Carey were both out with injuries and he got a lot of minutes in the nonconference blowouts. In the closer games he was getting short stints.

Last edited:
It would help him for next year at the expense of the team making the NCAA Tournament this year.

Hey Tyus, put your pro basketball dreams on hold and come back for one more year! Come February, we’ll give up on the season and cut your minutes in order to play the least effective players on the team to get them ready for the following season!

well you consider him a lesser talent than i do. if he can take some minutes off of tyus we'll be better.

well you consider him a lesser talent than i do. if he can take some minutes off of tyus we'll be better.

Again, my “opinion” has nothing to do with anything. The stats are the stats.

My opinion was Carey would play well this year. I was wrong, so far.

If he was good enough to take some minutes off Tyus we’d be better. Unfortunately he hasn’t been.

I have a feeling PG is going to be a mess next season. No good options.

If we don’t play Jalen decent consistent minutes, we don’t have a point guard next year either
We have to sow the seed, take our licks if need be, and get this kid experience and a chance to blossom.

Everyone else is a 2. If one thing I know is that players that have to look over their shoulders after every mishap can’t relax and play with any rhythm. You have to put some faith in the kid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom