Carey needs to start | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Carey needs to start

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we don’t play Jalen decent consistent minutes, we don’t have a point guard next year either
We have to sow the seed, take our licks if need be, and get this kid experience and a chance to blossom.

Everyone else is a 2. If one thing I know is that players that have to look over their shoulders after every mishap can’t relax and play with any rhythm. You have to put some faith in the kid
That first sentence is absolute hyperbole. The arc of Carey's minutes looks similar to what we saw with freshman MCW, and that seemed to turn out well for all concerned.

Last edited:
It's too late. Should've been starting from Day 1...

jalen carey's been doghoused . for whatever reason HC deems appropriate. its his call in the end.

That first sentence is absolute hyperbole. The arc of Carey's minutes looks similar to what we saw with freshman MCW, and that seemed to turn out well for all concerned.
I believe he should be out there more and frank less at this point

At the potential expense of wins and conference placing and NCAA tournament seeding? Or are you comfortable just writing off this season entirely?
your post assumes the worst. simply that the kid can't contribute at this level. i don't believe that's the case.

your post assumes the worst. simply that the kid can't contribute at this level. i don't believe that's the case.
That's not at all what I was suggesting.

no of course not. but you're "uncomfortable " playing him this season ?

no of course not. but you're "uncomfortable " playing him this season ?
No, I'm comfortable with JB spotting him where he thinks he can help for the remainder of the season, and seeing if Carey can earn his trust and play himself into more court time.

The minutes have been so limited because he was playing bad when the minutes weren’t as limited though.

It's a tough call, to me anyway. I think he has a lot of potential and since I'm not so enamored with the current PG I'd be interested in giving him more run. But I understand the opposing view as well.

Hey Tyus, put your pro basketball dreams on hold and come back for one more year! Come February, we’ll give up on the season and cut your minutes in order to play the least effective players on the team to get them ready for the following season!

Who's calling for TB's minutes to be cut?

It's a tough call, to me anyway. I think he has a lot of potential and since I'm not so enamored with the current PG I'd be interested in giving him more run. But I understand the opposing view as well.

I was in that boat for much of the season, but man...he’s just not giving me anything to cling to when he does get me minutes in recent weeks. I’d love to see it turn around, but I can’t call for me PY at this point.

I was in that boat for much of the season, but man...he’s just not giving me anything to cling to when he does get me minutes in recent weeks. I’d love to see it turn around, but I can’t call for me PY at this point.

Hard to evaluate recent weeks. He's barely gotten onto the court.

I don't agree with that. He's far and away the best guy on the team.

Yup. And he’s an Ironman. Kid is in incredible shape. He can handle big minutes, and the team needs him out there.

Yup. And he’s an Ironman. Kid is in incredible shape. He can handle big minutes, and the team needs him out there.

None of this would even be up for discussion if the current PG would provide any kind of reasonable production.

What Carey does have is the ability to beat his man off of screens, picks, or in iso ball which is desperately missing from this teams skillset (JB even discusses this as a issue the team has in the FSU post game presser). Unfortunately Carey is not ready to get large minutes at this point in his career, I think that will change a good deal next year.
I fear we may not get a chance to see this. Just me thinking.....no inside info.

Again, my “opinion” has nothing to do with anything. The stats are the stats.

My opinion was Carey would play well this year. I was wrong, so far.

If he was good enough to take some minutes off Tyus we’d be better. Unfortunately he hasn’t been.

Don't bother. He doesn't pay attention "stats" or "facts."

best medicine don't always taste good but you feel better tomorrow.

he played 1 minute. should we have benched buddy after his horrendous shooting start ? i mean terrible!
no of course not. he's a frosh and needed minutes to improve. well so does jalen. bigger talent imo.
Buddy isn’t getting special treatment- he’s just not getting boeheimed like Carey is. There’s a difference.

I have a feeling PG is going to be a mess next season. No good options.
Joe G better be ready. I say this spot is his to loose...I know he's a scorer not a true point . But what are our (good) options???? We don't seem to want (or succeed) at landing top level PGs anymore. And don't bring up joseph. He's just another combo that didn't pan... And that seems like ages ago. HW may be ok..but not the elite we need to compete at highest level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom