Carey needs to start | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Carey needs to start

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is when you are a random private school with nearly 0 tradition to have a coach for 1400+ games, creating tradition, winning a national champ. he was your coach from like 9 or 10 until 59 - he is nearly your entire memory, maybe every legit cuse memory you have.

if that isnt special to you. honestly - go root for someone else.

I get your point but I wouldn't say 0 tradition. We went to the Final 4 the year prior to JB becoming the HC.

And we won 28 games that year.

I wonder if there is any one else on this board that would take FH over Ennis?

We won less last year but were close to making the Elite 8. I’ll take that over 28 wins and a flameout in the NCAA’s.

We won less last year but were close to making the Elite 8. I’ll take that over 28 wins and a flameout in the NCAA’s.

So you're comparing four years of what Frank has accomplished to Ennis' freshman year? Okee-dokee.

That 25-0 wasn’t very good. Ended the season terribly and we couldn’t score. Like I said, I’m not sure. Maybe.
I just can't even.
What does that mean? 25-0 is a better result than what we have this year so far, isn't it? If you use Tournament results to 'measure' a team, why isn't 25-0 better than 17-7? We were ranked top 10 that year. Isn't that better than wherever we are now? We finished second in the ACC. Isn't that better than where we're going to finish this year? I guess my initial statement is now a question: if we get into the tourney and advance to a third game, that makes Howard better than Ennis?

"go root for someone else" — priceless. Hallmark of a brilliant mind. Whatever. Reread my post. It was actually self-deprecating joke and said nothing about JB unless you just have to get your panties in a wad about the possibility of a JB slight.

You quoted my post about JB longevity and said something to the effect of “I’m ugly longeveity sucks”

I also very much clarified in case of confusion “if that isn’t special to you, go root for someone else”

If it’s special to you, it very clearly and explicitly doesn’t apply to you.

I stand by my post 1 million percent.

I just can't even.
What does that mean? 25-0 is a better result than what we have this year so far, isn't it? If you use Tournament results to 'measure' a team, why isn't 25-0 better than 17-7? We were ranked top 10 that year. Isn't that better than wherever we are now? We finished second in the ACC. Isn't that better than where we're going to finish this year? I guess my initial statement is now a question: if we get into the tourney and advance to a third game, that makes Howard better than Ennis?

You have to admire his flexibility. He'd argue today isn't Sunday.

I just can't even.

We were ranked top one that year

Well, that says it all. Ignore my last post.

So you're comparing four years of what Frank has accomplished to Ennis' freshman year? Okee-dokee.

We could just compare just last year to Ennis’s only year. Not much different and Frank led us to a Sweet 16.

I just can't even.

By the way I never said Howard was better. Said we had better results, which is true.

You quoted my post about JB longevity and said something to the effect of “I’m ugly longeveity sucks”

I also very much clarified in case of confusion “if that isn’t special to you, go root for someone else”

If it’s special to you, it very clearly and explicitly doesn’t apply to you.

I stand by my post 1 million percent.
Your first conclusion misses the mark just a leeeetle bit.
Your second and third statements aren't even English.
Your last statement makes complete sense, given what you were working with.

We could just compare just last year to Ennis’s only year. Not much different and Frank led us to a Sweet 16.

Ennis had Howard beaten in every statistical category. But the hell with that. If you're watching SU basketball games night in and night out and u think the two are comparable then I don't know what to tell you.

By the way I never said Howard was better. Said we had better results, which is true.
Well, no—that's not "true." "Better" results is a matter of opinion and interpretation, which is what i was getting at.

You said "I hope so. The last “true point guard” we had was Tyler Ennis and he was a Top 25 recruit. While he was a good player, our offense averaged 62 ppg in the ACC that season and we flamed out in the 1st round. Gbinije led us to a Final Four and Howard led us to a Sweet 16 run. Michael Carter Williams led us to a FF run in 2013." — which is what prompted my question, hoping you'd clarifiy/reaffirm your perspective, which is that NCAAt results are your primary metric. Which i just disagree with, especially when assessing individuals. It's like saying Luc Longley is better than Charles Barkley. But, hey—you're entitled.

Ennis had Howard beaten in every statistical category. But the hell with that. If you're watching SU basketball games night in and night out and u think the two are comparable then I don't know what to tell you.

Eh...frank scored a little more.

Your approach is highly simplistic. A lot of NCAAT results are about match-ups. ASU shouldn't have even been invited, they lost nearly every game they played down the stretch. That Dayton team we lost to was pretty damn good. They were one win away from the Final 4. And we lost by two points.

Well, no—that's not "true." "Better" results is a matter of opinion and interpretation, which is what i was getting at.

You said "I hope so. The last “true point guard” we had was Tyler Ennis and he was a Top 25 recruit. While he was a good player, our offense averaged 62 ppg in the ACC that season and we flamed out in the 1st round. Gbinije led us to a Final Four and Howard led us to a Sweet 16 run. Michael Carter Williams led us to a FF run in 2013." — which is what prompted my question, hoping you'd clarifiy/reaffirm your perspective, which is that NCAAt results are your primary metric. Which i just disagree with, especially when assessing individuals. It's like saying Luc Longley is better than Charles Barkley. But, hey—you're entitled.

Well, the offense Ennis led was awful. Would you agree? His team flamed out. While the offense wasn’t great last year, it was better I believe. And Frank’s team made a decent run to the sweet 16. I think that’s better than winning 28 games and losing in the first round of the NCAA tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom