Carey's body language suggests... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Carey's body language suggests...

Carey was into the game the whole time. He was up cheering constantly. Don’t know what his face looked like since I’m behind him, but he was up standing as much, or more, than anyone.

Speaking of HW, now there is a guy that has plenty of enthusiasm cheering his teammates on. Seems like a class act.
His smile is quite fetching, too. I'd just hand him the keys next year and move on from all this drama.

He has a lot of talent - he just is a turnover machine - he's not a one or two and done type of player - if he thinks he is then he should transfer - he has a lot of hoops ahead of him at Cuse - hope he doesnt do something dumb

And Sherman Douglas never smiled once when the camera was on him. Heard he was going to return his diploma.

Maybe he suffered from seasonal affective disorder? See below - proof of "Sherm-Sherm" smiling on camera.
SHERMAN.jpg

Edit: Or is he squinting because of the sun?

Kid should be unhappy. He's not playing PG on a team with pretty subpar PG play. If I'm a walk-on I'm probably unhappy I'm not playing more PG on this team too. Everyone who has ever played PG at any level should be depressed af too watching us at times this year...as they're likely thinking, "maybe, just maybe, even though I suck...I could have played D1 at Syracuse!"

j/k

I'd be surprised if he leaves.
The problem is that based upon his play, he doesn't deserve to play, even ahead of the poor PG that we have.

The problem is that based upon his play, he doesn't deserve to play, even ahead of the poor PG that we have.

That's a fair point but nonetheless has to be enormously frustrating for Carey to watch FH do little if anything every night. I'm sure he must think he could do better if he had all those minutes.

Carey was into the game the whole time. He was up cheering constantly. Don’t know what his face looked like since I’m behind him, but he was up standing as much, or more, than anyone.

Swap Chip for Carey and this post is a beautiful throwback to the late ‘90s through early ‘00s.

Last edited:
That's a fair point but nonetheless has to be enormously frustrating for Carey to watch FH do little if anything every night. I'm sure he must think he could do better if he had all those minutes.

That's more or less my point as well (you said it better) - if you're a Frosh, you're thinking about that UConn game, the time you spent starring in HS, and then watching our abysmal PG play and hating life that you're not playing. I'm sure he think the same way the JC playing time people think - just gimme more time, I'm better than this! It's understandable. Even if he has played himself out of PT.
These kids are competitive.

He played himself from the backup at point guard and shooting guard to the third option at each position. He will still have a few more chances this season, perhaps as early as Tuesday night, and hopefully he will be ready and can take advantage of the opportunity.

I hope he does think so

i'll speculate here that the player / coach relationship is damaged. i could be wrong. often am.

Carey is fine. He needs to just practice and develop his skills.
Next year their will be atleast one guard spot in the starting lineup probably two and I like him starting with Buddy being the offense off the bench guy.

Yeah but that’s not what this thread is for.

He played himself from the backup at point guard and shooting guard to the third option at each position. He will still have a few more chances this season, perhaps as early as Tuesday night, and hopefully he will be ready and can take advantage of the opportunity.

Personally, I'd love to see Carey getting a ton of run come Tuesday night. Let's face it, most think this is an L anyways, perhaps even of the runaway nature, so what does SU really have to lose? Maybe, Carey somehow shines, and, if nothing more, regains some confidence as we move forward to March. A better Carey (with a larger upside than Frank at this point in time) bodes well/better for us in the post season. I bet Carey would love to go up against another fellow frosh in Coby White.

Personally, I'd love to see Carey getting a ton of run come Tuesday night. Let's face it, most think this is an L anyways, perhaps even of the runaway nature, so what does SU really have to lose? Maybe, Carey somehow shines, and, if nothing more, regains some confidence as we move forward to March. A better Carey (with a larger upside than Frank at this point in time) bodes well/better for us in the post season. I bet Carey would love to go up against another fellow frosh in Coby White.
Lets play Carey because you, personally, think we are definitely losing to UNC? I hope you are joking? He has the deer in headlights look the last couple times he has got in games. Play your best players.

Play for the win. They aren’t unbeatable.

I don’t really know how good Goodine is but is he really good enough to give Carey a run for his money at the PG?

He doesn't really seem like a PG to me, in all the film I see of him.
He seems like a really outstanding athlete; a dunking machine.

Lets play Carey because you, personally, think we are definitely losing to UNC? I hope you are joking? He has the deer in headlights look the last couple times he has got in games. Play your best players.

Yes, personally, I would play him. Of course, I'm just a fan so whether I think we are going to lose is irrelevant. I didn't say don't play our best players, just give him a chance to possibly make something positive happen, help his confidence, etc. Maybe he can help us down the road, into March, etc. Yes, he has looked bad in the brief snippets of action he has gotten, but maybe with some extended play he could play through some mistakes and make something happen as he settles in. Yes, I do think we lose on Tuesday if I'm being completely transparent, however, I didn't say we are "definitely" losing, but more along the lines of it's highly probable. Just my opinion.

Play for the win. They aren’t unbeatable.

Yes, play for the win. By saying I'd like to see Carey get some action (even extended minutes) is not synonymous with throwing in the towel IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom