Carrier Circle hotels | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Carrier Circle hotels

Embassy Suites. Managers reception fri and sat evening ( free booze ) , made to order breakfast both mornings. Each room is a suite. Easily put a family of 4, or 4 adults in them
They are building a brand new one now next to Destiny as we speak. Should be open in time for football. Is Syracuse's market big enough for 2 Embassy Suites?
Just drove by it Saturday morning and it is enclosed right now with EMBASSY SUITES displayed on it.

Managers receptions are everynight from the ones I stay at.Which is quite often when traveling on vacations.

The Embassy is very nice but I have been staying at the new Aloft near Destiny. Great hotel @$116 and walking distance to Armory Square.

The Embassy is very nice but I have been staying at the new Aloft near Destiny. Great hotel @$116 and walking distance to Armory Square.

If you can get a good rate at the Aloft, I'd go with that over Carrier Circle. Same deal with the Quality Inn (used to be something else) on James near downtown. Kind of a dicey block but fine during daylight and an easy walk to both Armory and Dome.

Since nobody answered the most pointed question in this post I will. The Red Roof is fine. Still has Denny's across the street and Pronto Joey's next door and basically a crime free area. I'd also stay away from the Motel6, they have extended stays and I've seen people lounging in the halls, sketchy. Maybe it was the MicroTel? Idk but I think you are very safe with the RRI.

Too bad 20plus is a basketball only. He would probably be very interested in this thread.
:noidea:

Since nobody answered the most pointed question in this post I will. The Red Roof is fine. Still has Denny's across the street and Pronto Joey's next door and basically a crime free area. I'd also stay away from the Motel6, they have extended stays and I've seen people lounging in the halls, sketchy. Maybe it was the MicroTel? Idk but I think you are very safe with the RRI.
Dude if you don't know what motel it is...don't comment. The Motel 6 is fine...Frozen lives in Brooklyn I'm sure he can handle Carrier Circle.

Dude if you don't know what motel it is...don't comment. The Motel 6 is fine...Frozen lives in Brooklyn I'm sure he can handle Carrier Circle.

That's right, I am a no-good street tough.

hqdefault.jpg

I like the Doubletree near Carrier Circle. The food is good and it has a nice bar. Visiting teams and their fans often stay there. A couple of years ago, the LSU folks stayed there. I wore my SU shirt in the bar on Friday night and couldn't buy a drink. The LSU fans were great!

It was the Motel6(you made me look it up, not sure why it bothered you) and the reality is anybody can 'handle' it. I just happen to prefer not having to step around urine and vagrants in the hallways and thought others might appreciate that as well.

Frozen, is there any particular reason that you're targeting the Carrier Circle area? Seems like kind of an inconvenient commute after the game especially if you plan on spending the night drinking, per your post above. Not far from the airport, if you know some back roads, though.

Frozen, is there any particular reason that you're targeting the Carrier Circle area? Seems like kind of an inconvenient commute after the game especially if you plan on spending the night drinking, per your post above. Not far from the airport, if you know some back roads, though.

I guess I can stay anywhere. I've stayed in Carrier Circle before, is all. I would consider other parts of town.

I guess I can stay anywhere. I've stayed in Carrier Circle before, is all. I would consider other parts of town.
If $ is not an issue, I would stay at the new Marriotts in Armory Square. No brainer

I'm also considering going the Airbnb route.

I assume you want to hangout at campus and Armory Square? I haven't stayed there since the rebranding...but try to bid via Priceline name your own price on a 3 1/2 star motel in the University/downtown area and you might get the Crowne Plaza for $85 a night. You can walk to both spots.

Syracuse, NY Priceline Bidding: recent actual winning bids / what to bid

Last edited:
It was the Motel6(you made me look it up, not sure why it bothered you) and the reality is anybody can 'handle' it. I just happen to prefer not having to step around urine and vagrants in the hallways and thought others might appreciate that as well.
Fair enough...I never saw any of that the last time I stayed there in 2015...but all it takes is a few bad apples to turn the place. BL: it is a bottom tiered motel so some of that comes with the territory.

When bringing Steven up to Syracuse, we stayed at what is now called the Ramada East. It's an okay place. Not by any means extravagant. Roughly 80 bucks a night. The addy:

6530 Old Collamer Rd

East Syracuse, New York
Under construction right now. Some group from India bought six older properties and are rehabbing them all.

Stay downtown or on campus - the money you might save on cheap possibly not clean rooms you'll make up in lack of cab fares.

Great point about cab fares...Cuse cabbies have the fix in going in n out of the airport. Way overpriced...Set price is around $40 to downtown...No Uber yet in Cuse.

Great point about cab fares...Cuse cabbies have the fix in going in n out of the airport. Way overpriced...Set price is around $40 to downtown...No Uber yet in Cuse.

Cabs might be the one thing for a visitor where financially you don't come out ahead.

Admittedly I don't know much about the geography of the city of Syracuse. So I guess downtown/Armory makes more sense than Carrier Circle. Thanks for the info everybody. Now I just have to get the thumbs up from the wife. Which means I fully expect to be watching this one on TV at home.

il_340x270.614736767_7jpg.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom