Class of 2020 - CB Chase Atkinson (SC) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (7/31/19) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 CB Chase Atkinson (SC) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (7/31/19)

Any word on ratings for Chase? Like this kid a lot and he should be a good one.

Any word on ratings for Chase? Like this kid a lot and he should be a good one.

As of this posting no rating.

The tangible results from HCDFnB have been steady and consistent.
There were plenty of naysayers 3 years ago when he told us where he wanted to take the program.
Now, "faith w/out evidence" has morphed into "the proof is in the pudding".
Today, can anyone doubt that there IS a path to a NC through the ACC Atlantic? Was that thought even fathomable 3 years ago? You'd have been laughed off the board to even suggest such a scenario.
Bottomline, If they think this kid is worth it, then I'm all in...recruiting offers and ratings be damned!

There weren't a lot of naysayers 3 years ago, I don't understand the need by posters to throw out this revisionist history that HCDB was being doubted all the time. People were on board with HCDB from the start, in a way that is pretty amazing considering the history of the program. These posts as if HCDB has been under attack by the fans since he started and now everyone has to admit he was right, are ridiculous.

Chase Atkinson, CB, Blythewood (SC)
Notes: Atkinson suffered a high-ankle sprain and will miss 3-4 weeks. He had 10 tackles and allowed zero completed passes against in two games.

Needs to hit the books?
Maybe. He was suppose to ov in January.

Or maybe he had to retake an ACT or SAT exam. Scores for December exams wouldn't be available until the end of December.

With the hiring of a new OC and DC just being finalized this week I don't think there will be any OVs this weekend. Not sure how this will effect Atkinson.

With the hiring of a new OC and DC just being finalized this week I don't think there will be any OVs this weekend. Not sure how this will effect Atkinson.

Dislike that decision imo as they only have a 3 of these weekends left and a lot of spots to fill.

if they didn’t have anything scheduled to begin with that’s poor and if they didn’t work to get visits scheduled that’s double poor. There are other reasons besides geography why our recruiting is down and sometimes it doesn’t seem like we do enough.

if the impending storm has anything to do with it that might logistically change things. we get that.

Last edited:
With the hiring being finalized, you would think they would want to get as much done with what short time is left.

With the hiring being finalized, you would think they would want to get as much done with what short time is left.
I'd rather they spent the next week narrowing down their targets with the new coaches/coordinators, and then have two OV weekends of visits. No reason to force something this weekend when there's nothing going on on campus besides a snowstorm...

they do, they are likely working on new kids to bring to campus, it is close in to this weekend so they are going to get them on campus the following two weekends, including for the Duke game the second weekend. that's getting stuff done

Last edited:
I'd rather they spent the next week narrowing down their targets with the new coaches/coordinators, and then have two OV weekends of visits. No reason to force something this weekend when there's nothing going on on campus besides a snowstorm...
Oh ya I forgot Im in Florida with 80 degree weather. ;)

Could also be interpreted as:

Chase tried to play the field a bit, but is not being considered by other schools.
(enough to warrant a late offer anyway, from any that are "better" than Cuse.)

Could also be interpreted as:

Chase tried to play the field a bit, but is not being considered by other schools.
(enough to warrant a late offer anyway, from any that are "better" than Cuse.)

I can't remember the exact number, but he was hurt for a major portion of last season. I think he left before the end of the first game with a sprained ankle and I don't think came back until something like Week 7.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom