Class of 2015 - CB Davante Davis (FL) Verbal to Texas | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 CB Davante Davis (FL) Verbal to Texas

Alabama actually has a really good law school.

I was pointing out that he has a natural bias in his blogging being a Bama and FSU grad plus I have dealt with way too many lawyers...let's leave it at that.

fwiw he said in a WVU interview that he will listen to all schools (obviously), but he has a great relationship with George McDonald, and the entire staff. Said he will take visits, and take all 5 of his officials, with 1 saved for Syracuse. All you can ask for at this point, and probably even a little better most could hope for everything considered.

Not sure if we hold this kid, but all I know is I have complete faith in George McDonald. He isn't your average schmuck who football factories are going to come in and push around. We all saw how he basically stalked out Alin Edouard, and Steve Ishmael down the stretch last year. He was also able to keep Juwan Dowels despite some big time interest. He is going to win a ton more of these battles then he will lose. Either way this is exciting. We got some serious buzz just due to him being committed to us.

fwiw he said in a WVU interview that he will listen to all schools (obviously), but he has a great relationship with George McDonald, and the entire staff. Said he will take visits, and take all 5 of his officials, with 1 saved for Syracuse. All you can ask for at this point, and probably even a little better most could hope for everything considered.

Not sure if we hold this kid, but all I know is I have complete faith in George McDonald. He isn't your average schmuck who football factories are going to come in and push around. We all saw how he basically stalked out Alin Edouard, and Steve Ishmael down the stretch last year. He was also able to keep Juwan Dowels despite some big time interest. He is going to win a ton more of these battles then he will lose. Either way this is exciting. We got some serious buzz just due to him being committed to us.

Look at the offer list for some of the kids we pulled ... this isn't your mom and pops Cuse team anymore.

I can't remember Alabama ever offering one of our commits.

Per twitter...

Miami (Fla.) Booker T. Washington CB Davante Davis "still committed" to #Syracuse despite his growing offer list.

Why the "" around still committed?

Hopefully just a writer not believing it, and not actually meaning something.

Why the "" around still committed?

Hopefully just a writer not believing it, and not actually meaning something.
Signifies a direct quote from the interviewee.

I can't remember Alabama ever offering one of our commits.

It definitely hasn't happened since the recruiting sites popped up 12 years ago.

It definitely hasn't happened since the recruiting sites popped up 12 years ago.

Well before Saban got there a Bama offer didn't carry the same weight so it would be hard to remember.

Over on Rivals, he's listed as having low interest in all of his other offers and they just did an interview with him. He sounds pretty solid at this point.
From that article, "Davis believes that his relationship with the coaching staffs at the schools recruiting him will be the most important factor of his decision making process and he is searching for coaches that will tell him the truth instead of just what he wants to hear"

spo023 said:
From that article, "Davis believes that his relationship with the coaching staffs at the schools recruiting him will be the most important factor of his decision making process and he is searching for coaches that will tell him the truth instead of just what he wants to hear"

That means Alabama will have to be truthful: we have a bunch of guys just like you and if you don't pan out we will recruit over you during spring ball.

I mean honestly ... how hard is it to understand my point? Are they really that stupid?

Love your passion but twitter arguments with fans/writers of other teams rarely make anyone look good to third party observers. Just my opinion.

Love your passion but twitter arguments with fans/writers of other teams rarely make anyone look good to third party observers. Just my opinion.

I understand ... the hard part is a lot of these kids see this perception and develop an opinion because of these types of morons.