CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless Duce ends up starting at a power house team nothing adds up.
Yup. Most of the high level, NFL potential draft picks, that leave from middle P5 programs find a home in a day or two because they were essentially recruited. This so far has made no sense to me.

Not to mention the most money Duce can make is by being a guaranteed starter at a P5 team and making one more year of improvements (he graded higher than GW this year in PFF) on his way to a high round draft pick

In theory you can’t even talk to other programs until you enter the portal. It will be very interesting this year to see how many players are portaling just to do their due diligence on what’s out there. Unfortunately, for some, their seat at the table may have been filled if they determine there is no greener grass.

Last edited:
I guess my point is, the fans don’t always take into account all the personal relationships that players have even when they decide to leave. And even though they are leaving they still want to see good things happen to their friends. But as fans we become bitter and don’t like to lose good players. So we write them off as how dare them say good things about our team when they are leaving. It’s hurtful for most because they don’t want to lose that player. It makes you do crazy things.
Correct

Deuce was in attendance at the game yesterday as a spectator

Chances maybe he got booted from the team and Dino allowed him to portal and not announce anything publicly?
No. This is nonsense. Deuce and Ja’had are transferring to get the NIL money they can’t get here.
There is A LOT of money on the line. Neither would be leaving if NIL wasn’t a thing

No. This is nonsense. Deuce and Ja’had are transferring to get the NIL money they can’t get here.
There is A LOT of money on the line. Neither would be leaving if NIL wasn’t a thing

So I agree with this, but again, kind of fascinated by this process.

Is there tampering to the point that they know a deal is out there when they enter the portal?

Or are they making a bet on themselves, and hoping the deal is out there when they enter the portal?

Are agents involved?

Will, or can, we counter? (the royal "we" that makes deals on behalf of SU).

A system with no rules (or no enforced rules that I can see), leaves a lot of questions.

Is there tampering to the point that they know a deal is out there when they enter the portal?

Or are they making a bet on themselves, and hoping the deal is out there when they enter the portal?

Are agents involved?

A system with no rules (or no enforced rules that I can see), leaves a lot of questions.
All of the above.

Im fully confident Duce and Jahad already have offers on the table.

My guess is Jahad goes to Texas and Duce goes to either FSU, Auburn or MSU.

Maybe there's an extensive vetting process before big-time NIL money gets committed.

Im fully confident Duce and Jahad already have offers on the table.

My guess is Jahad goes to Texas and Duce goes to either FSU, Auburn or MSU.

I guess if that was the case, why haven’t they committed already?

Early Signing day is over so those schools know how many spots they have…

It seems like if he had an offer already on the table, both of these kids would have committed already.

Generally with the portal, kids with offers from other schools commit very shortly after they have entered the portal.

I don’t think my theory is non sense especially with Duce

I guess if that was the case, why haven’t they committed already?

Early Signing day is over so those schools know how many spots they have…

It seems like if he had an offer already on the table, both of these kids would have committed already.

Generally with the portal, kids with offers from other schools commit very shortly after they have entered the portal.

I don’t think my theory is non sense especially with Duce
Competing NIL offers. Maybe even from
SU.

A lot of variables but these are two NFL prospects

Neither has signed with anyone that I know of. Where is the big money coming from?

Tucker and Mikel declared for the draft. They are still part of the program. I could be wrong but when you portal, you’ve basically left the school. I’d find it odd if any player in the portal was on the sideline with his old team.

Ultimately that’s up to the head coach. Saban said he’d allow any kid in the portal to still play in their bowl game.

Competing NIL offers. Maybe even from
SU.

A lot of variables but these are two NFL prospects
This is the most plausible to me

Take two guys who really want to stay but really need the current cash infusion, hoping that their home team can come close so they can have it all.

15 yrs from now I would make it happen myself for these two. Love them both on and off the field.

PS, would much rather have NIL dollars spent here vs keeping Sellers or some other ‘high potential’ recruit

Pretty stupid system, really. The portal shouldn’t be open until the season is over.

Hard to believe things can’t be figured out. Let kids enroll later in the spring semester to give them time to figure it out after the season is over, or something.

Are agents involved?

Yup. Lots of variables.

Is it tampering when a school talks to a coach under contract? I don't like it but I don't see why it would be tampering for athletes but not coaches.

Are agents involved?

My guess is that this process has re-introduced the “Street Agent” structure that the NCAA said was bad so many years ago. Behind the scene guys who are in players’ ears and steering them here or there for a cut. Can’t imagine how that could be a bad thing.

congrats to all the "NIL pay the players " crowd. this is what you have wrought. destruction of college sports.
Well, if you are against college athletes, many of whom come from lesser means, being able to better themselves financially through their hard work, I feel badly for you.
You are also wrong:
1) it is the transfer portal that is the impetus of this. If kids were not allowed to transfer without sitting out a year, then most of this would not be happening.
2) Ed McCaffrey opted out of his team’s bowl pre-NIL.

Neither has signed with anyone that I know of. Where is the big money coming from?
I don’t know all the behind the scenes at this point but I do know they wouldn’t have left the team if not for NIL offers.

I would imagine there is a lot of back and forth at this point weighing options and offers from schools and their NIL partners.

Both stand to make at least 10x what they can make staying here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom