CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course , losing impact players hurts. They would have helped all these teams in their bowl games but they all have different situations that makes it hard to do that. How many impact portal guys played in the bowl games so far?
Money, I respect your opinion and you know more about players decisions and such than most of us, but are we as fans supposed to just accept a player decision to transfer elsewhere and not play in a bowl game for his team, when he apparently hasn’t figured out where he wants to go? I have no problem whatsoever with Tucker declaring for the draft and withdrawing himself from the bowl game. It makes perfect sense that he would lose money and draft status if he were to get injured.

It appeared Chestnut recruited other players last year to come to Syracuse and build something. Maybe I am too old fashioned and have a hard time adapting to the new college football, but so far I am not a big fan.

Last edited:
Money, I respect your opinion and you know more about players decisions and such than most of us, but are we as fans supposed to just accept a player decision to transfer elsewhere and not play in a bowl game for his team, when he apparently hasn’t figured out where he wants to go? I have no problem whatsoever with Tucker declaring for the draft and withdrawing himself from the bowl game. It makes perfect sense that he would lose money and draft status if he were to get injured.

It appeared Chestnut recruited other players last year to come to Syracuse and build something. Maybe I am too old fashioned and have a hard time adapting to the new college football, but so far I am not a big fan.
Dope

I never tell a fan that they are wrong when it comes to these situations. I just give perspectives from both sides. You are entiled to be mad. I myself dont take it personal when a player doesnt want to play for the team I root for anymore. As fans we dont know what they are thinking and why they are making these decisions. That's why we get annoyed and speculate.

I never tell a fan that they are wrong when it comes to these situations. I just give perspectives from both sides. You are entiled to be mad. I myself dont take it personal when a player doesnt want to play for the team I root for anymore. As fans we dont know what they are thinking and why they are making these decisions. That's why we get annoyed and speculate.

I look at this as any other job movement. People leave jobs behind for more money or other reasons all the time. It puts others they leave behind in a bind, but those others always pull through and always find someone to replace the person that left. Sometimes that replacement is an upgrade. Sometimes the grass is greener on the other side. It can actually be a win-win for both parties.

We've always argued that the requirements for football and school is like having a full-time job. Well, can't blame these young adults (sorry, they aren't kids) for looking for a better job, with better pay.

I look at this as any other job movement. People leave jobs behind for more money or other reasons all the time. It puts others they leave behind in a bind, but those others always pull through and always find someone to replace the person that left. Sometimes that replacement is an upgrade. Sometimes the grass is greener on the other side. It can actually be a win-win for both parties.

We've always argued that the requirements for football and school is like having a full-time job. Well, can't blame these young adults (sorry, they aren't kids) for looking for a better job, with better pay.
And now, on top of class and team demands, they have to pedal their wares and do commercials and make appearances and scout out future landing places. I used to feel badly about the demands on their time - now, not so much.

Once they realize they have the ability to make money from football its game on. They are making moves that will get them money and set themselves up to make more in the future. I know many college graduates that dont make enough to pay their mortage. This is reality. It just sucks because they are playing for a program that we desperately want to win.

Personally - I couldn’t care less about people’s jobs.

I don’t even really know what some of the people closest to me, actually do for work.

Sports is escapism and supposed to be fun. Something we pretend matters and get wrapped up in because it’s not boring - like listening to people talk about their jobs is.

Personally - I couldn’t care less about people’s jobs.

I don’t even really know what some of the people closest to me, actually do for work.

Sports is escapism and supposed to be fun. Something we pretend matters and get wrapped up in because it’s not boring - like listening to people talk about their jobs is.

Fair point, though not sure the players look at football as escapism, since many of them believe they are destined for the NFL.

Duce leaving hurt but there’s two ways of looking at it; yes you can’t really fault a man for bettering himself. He has put tons of work into his craft and it’s his business to better his situation.

On the other hand his tweets yesterday will obviously irritate Orange fans as it screams having your cake and eating it too.

As fans no one respects a freelance fan who bounces around their allegiances to whichever hottest team is winning. Surely fans would be known as front runners and would be practically loathed by all (including probably the players themselves). Not the same obviously as I’m comparing income to entertainment but as far as loyalty is concerned, it’s similar.

It makes logical sense for fans to expect loyalty from players as we ourselves are rightly expected to be loyal. And yes, we do accept with open arms transfers coming in while at the same time hate it when players transfer out.

Inconsistent? Sure, but fans are supposed to be fanatical.

Duce leaving hurt but there’s two ways of looking at it; yes you can’t really fault a man for bettering himself. He has put tons of work into his craft and it’s his business to better his situation.

On the other hand his tweets yesterday will obviously irritate Orange fans as it screams having your cake and eating it too.

As fans no one respects a freelance fan who bounces around their allegiances to whichever hottest team is winning. Surely fans would be known as front runners and would be practically loathed by all (including probably the players themselves). Not the same obviously as I’m comparing income to entertainment but as far as loyalty is concerned, it’s similar.

It makes logical sense for fans to expect loyalty from players as we ourselves are rightly expected to be loyal. And yes, we do accept with open arms transfers coming in while at the same time hate it when players transfer out.

Inconsistent? Sure, but fans are supposed to be fanatical.
Yeah, not exactly the same but imagine “Syracuse fans” deciding to switch and root for the opponent because it’s a better deal for them as a fan? More fun to watch, less frustrating, less stressful, more exciting, better product for the money, etc.

Lol.

Last edited:
Of course , losing impact players hurts. They would have helped all these teams in their bowl games but they all have different situations that makes it hard to do that. How many impact portal guys played in the bowl games so far?

Not sure. Ours is the only bowl I’ve watch so far because they have killed all but a few bowl games. I’d assume not many and I understand why. I read Duce said the door isn’t closed on coming back to SU. If I was a player on the team I would not want him back and I’d be vocal about it.

Yeah, not exactly the same but imagine “Syracuse fans” deciding to switch and root for the opponent because it’s a better deal for them as a fan? More fun to watch, less frustrating, less stressful, more exciting, better product for the money, etc.

Lol.
Wait...that doesn't already happen? :)

Not sure. Ours is the only bowl I’ve watch so far because they have killed all but a few bowl games. I’d assume not many and I understand why. I read Duce said the door isn’t closed on coming back to SU. If I was a player on the team I would not want him back and I’d be vocal about it.
Oh I get it I would feel slighted too. Im old school but like I said the current players on the team and generation have a whole new mentality. I called it the Lebron James/Kevin Durant effect. I feel like everything chance dramatically after the decisions they made. It has effected kids in many ways.

This is one of the best perspectives outside of money that I have seen on this on the board.

I get that people are upset and taking the moves personal, but it isn’t personal from the perspective of most players. NCAA, just like the NFL, is a business where employees now have value and there is some sort of market that is going to dictate that value.

The business is what is driving these players. SU is going to get new players and move on. Duce is going to land at a new school that he believes will better meet his value and improve his brand on the way to the NFL. The same as most people on this message board in their own careers. Please list the number of jobs you have walked away from for a perceived better opportunity.

Fans getting personal about it just strikes me as selfish. Half of you are assassinating the kid’s character over it when you have no clue about what’s driving his actions. Just an opinion based on next to no information and no skin in the business. Maybe that’s not your intention, but that’s what some of you are doing.

Go watch HS football or replays if you want the good old days where these young adults are exploited for billions while they get very little in return, comparatively. The NIL and portal era is here to stay.

Fans getting personal about it just strikes me as selfish. Half of you are assassinating the kid’s character over it when you have no clue about what’s driving his actions. Just an opinion based on next to no information and no skin in the business. Maybe that’s not your intention, but that’s what some of you are doing.

Go watch HS football or replays if you want the good old days where these young adults are exploited for billions while they get very little in return, comparatively. The NIL and portal era is here to stay.
Yup. Also they dont know if Duce played a role in Bellany and Gould coming to SU.

You can’t acknowledge the game has changed for the players without equally acknowledging that the game has changed for the fans.

I have no idea how the long term affect of these changes will play out. But I do know that without the fans there is no revenue.

Oh the poor old football players had it so bad the last 50 years. The free education, the coaching, training, medical staff, food, girls, special dorms, boosters, cars, jewelry, cash. Yup, it was a darn shame how they were treated. Give me a break.

This is one of the best perspectives outside of money that I have seen on this on the board.

I get that people are upset and taking the moves personal, but it isn’t personal from the perspective of most players. NCAA, just like the NFL, is a business where employees now have value and there is some sort of market that is going to dictate that value.

The business is what is driving these players. SU is going to get new players and move on. Duce is going to land at a new school that he believes will better meet his value and improve his brand on the way to the NFL. The same as most people on this message board in their own careers. Please list the number of jobs you have walked away from for a perceived better opportunity.

If I remember correctly, they are given the opportunity to get an education. I was going to say free education, however, with what they are put through playing football it is not free. I don’t believe anyone has the intentions of attacking Duce or any other young man playing college football, but the whole situation is puzzling.

I have no issues with players making money off of their brand and name, however I don’t agree that a player should be able to transfer every single year. I think you should get one opportunity to without having to sit out a year, but after that you sit out. You say these are not kids but you are wrong. Some of the parents need to be more involved and explain what loyalty is. Again, I am not judging a kid for wanting to transfer due to lack of playing time or changes in defensive/offensive schemes, but that doesn’t mean every player should give up on his team when the going gets hard.

By comparing the College Football portal to people’s work careers is like comparing apples to oranges. It isn’t even close…

Wilson changed his mind within a couple of days. Clearly made an irrational decision without thinking it through over a coaching change.
Wilson also took his name out of the portal about 15 minutes after Duce put his name in. I would not be surprised to see him re-enter his name back in if Duce removed his name and came back to SU.

Deuce was in attendance at the game yesterday as a spectator

Chances maybe he got booted from the team and Dino allowed him to portal and not announce anything publicly?
Huh? I don't think that is something you could hide. This is all speculation on your part?

Deuce was in attendance at the game yesterday as a spectator

Chances maybe he got booted from the team and Dino allowed him to portal and not announce anything publicly?

A player like that would have to really screw up to get booted so I’m going to say the chances are really low?

Seems likely to me that he’s there as a spectator because he’s not on the team or at the school anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom