CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh? I don't think that is something you could hide. This is all speculation on your part?

Definitely speculation.

Just very odd to be there after leaving the team and then showing up wearing cuse stuff.

I guess my thing is, if you’re going to show up at the game and post all the stuff he did, why wouldn’t you stay on the team until after the bowl and then portal?

I guess my thing is, if you’re going to show up at the game and post all the stuff he did, why wouldn’t you stay on the team until after the bowl and then portal?

Because he can't be contacted by other schools until he's in the portal.

He's been in the portal for 17 days now, evaluating his offers.

As opposed to just starting the process today.

Yeah, not exactly the same but imagine “Syracuse fans” deciding to switch and root for the opponent because it’s a better deal for them as a fan? More fun to watch, less frustrating, less stressful, more exciting, better product for the money, etc.

Lol.
“I An o mander put my life in the hands of coach Sonny Dykes and the TCU Horned Frogs”

I will portal to TCU for the start of the 2023 season.

Respect my decision !!

I think it used to mean something. Many players mention the high school they attended. It doesn’t mean anything to anyone anymore. Just an opinion.
It would mean something to me if they had to name every school they attended, college and high school. Guys like Lindsay Scott Jr. and Dior Johnson ( basketball, I know) would need a teleprompter.

Oh the poor old football players had it so bad the last 50 years. The free education, the coaching, training, medical staff, food, girls, special dorms, boosters, cars, jewelry, cash. Yup, it was a darn shame how they were treated. Give me a break.
Yeah, enrolling in Communication and Rhetorical Studies really prepares them for life after football. Give me a break.

My company hired two guys that played D1 football. One at Georgia and had a couple years in NFL. Other at UConn. Both were hired for jobs that usually are filled by high school grads. Both of them said their degrees were pretty much useless but those were the majors football players were encouraged to take.

My company hired two guys that played D1 football. One at Georgia and had a couple years in NFL. Other at UConn. Both were hired for jobs that usually are filled by high school grads. Both of them said their degrees were pretty much useless but those were the majors football players were encouraged to take.
Truth a lot of degrees, depending on the major, are not worth much in the marketplace, and this is true for all students. You decide your major encouraged or not, and face it many athletes would not do well in science, math or engineering.

Y’all missing Dino’s 3D chess. He arranges some extra NIL for Duce to announce the portal which creates a starting opportunity, which entices a good 3-yr eligible player to transfer in. Duce never leaves SU and announces he’s not leaving after the new guy(s) enroll. Duce plays out his 3rd year, leaves for NFL, and new dude starts for the next two years.

I saw a tweet(now deleted, I looked) that alluded to something like this a couple weeks ago but I gave it no credence. Interesting.

But yeah, I’m crazy for thinking that he might have been kicked off

Just very odd for some of the things he has said, the tweets, showing up in Cuse gear at the game with other SU students

Idk, something seems off to me

Just very odd for some of the things he has said, the tweets, showing up in Cuse gear at the game with other SU students

Who called you crazy ?

“I An o mander put my life in the hands of coach Sonny Dykes and the TCU Horned Frogs”

I will portal to TCU for the start of the 2023 season.

Respect my decision !!
*Rewind back a dozen or so years when I really cared. This upcoming 2010 basketball game against Jamie Dixon’s Pitt Panthers is forcing me to portal. I’m aware that despite being the far better team, Syracuse will be victimized by 732 uncalled fouls, and some fat Pitt PG(can we still say that in 2022?) will hit a 27 foot 3 pointer at the shot clock buzzer to break our backs before throwing up the X sign because he’s so cool and like millions of others he was born in the Bronx. Wow! So I’m out. I can’t take the aggravation. I’m rooting for whoever looks to have the best matchup this week!!!

Trying to get back in the staffs good graces?

Odd that he hasn't been picked up out of the portal yet - I know not quite three weeks yet, but a lot of the big names went in and found a home quickly.

I'd take him back, hopefully that's an option

If I remember correctly, they are given the opportunity to get an education. I was going to say free education, however, with what they are put through playing football it is not free. I don’t believe anyone has the intentions of attacking Duce or any other young man playing college football, but the whole situation is puzzling.

I have no issues with players making money off of their brand and name, however I don’t agree that a player should be able to transfer every single year. I think you should get one opportunity to without having to sit out a year, but after that you sit out. You say these are not kids but you are wrong. Some of the parents need to be more involved and explain what loyalty is. Again, I am not judging a kid for wanting to transfer due to lack of playing time or changes in defensive/offensive schemes, but that doesn’t mean every player should give up on his team when the going gets hard.

By comparing the College Football portal to people’s work careers is like comparing apples to oranges. It isn’t even close…
Free education doesn’t compare to the amount of money the universities, NCAA, and corporations made off their NIL. Hell even fans making money off the players/teams through gambling.

There is a one time free transfer rule and then you have to sit out until the next year if you do it again. Not sure where you’re getting that players can transfer every year without consequence. Grad transfers probably need to get addressed with the new transfer rule, but then how do you address the programs without master’s programs?

They are adults and not kids. They can vote, go to war, go to prison and all the rest. They are adults and now they’re getting paid for their services (not all but a lot of them). That’s a job the same as anyone else on here and eventually there will be a well defined market that places a value on those services. The difference is that no fan base is going to be disappointed by you leaving your job for another one in another town.

The loyalty hang up is puzzling to me. I don’t think loyalty is even an issue for 99% of the portal transfers. The actual problem is that the portal opens before the season is over. The other issue people have is players sitting out the bowl game for the draft as a loyalty test. It just makes logical sense for most draft prospects to sit out an end of season exhibition that does not prep them for the NFL nor does it improve draft stock. Get rid of bowl games and instead do exhibition games before the season or as the first non-conference game and you solve the issue entirely.

College is wayyyy closer to the pros than high school. It is amateur in name only at this point. Maybe the education piece should just be taken out of it entirely unless a player choose to opt into class. I think folks are taking out frustrations with the system on the players that are just making the best of a messy situation. I just happen to think that’s unfair to the players.

Deuce was in attendance at the game yesterday as a spectator

Chances maybe he got booted from the team and Dino allowed him to portal and not announce anything publicly?
Why would he be allowed to attend if he got booted?

He went as a spectator.

Anyone can buy tickets to attend
I thought you might have meant on the field like Tucker or Mikel. My bad.

I don’t think it means anything other than he was there to support his teammates. I know that doesn’t fit the narrative a lot of folks are trying to paint, but that’s the most likely explanation.

Free education doesn’t compare to the amount of money the universities, NCAA, and corporations made off their NIL. Hell even fans making money off the players/teams through gambling.

There is a one time free transfer rule and then you have to sit out until the next year if you do it again. Not sure where you’re getting that players can transfer every year without consequence. Grad transfers probably need to get addressed with the new transfer rule, but then how do you address the programs without master’s programs?

They are adults and not kids. They can vote, go to war, go to prison and all the rest. They are adults and now they’re getting paid for their services (not all but a lot of them). That’s a job the same as anyone else on here and eventually there will be a well defined market that places a value on those services. The difference is that no fan base is going to be disappointed by you leaving your job for another one in another town.

The loyalty hang up is puzzling to me. I don’t think loyalty is even an issue for 99% of the portal transfers. The actual problem is that the portal opens before the season is over. The other issue people have is players sitting out the bowl game for the draft as a loyalty test. It just makes logical sense for most draft prospects to sit out an end of season exhibition that does not prep them for the NFL nor does it improve draft stock. Get rid of bowl games and instead do exhibition games before the season or as the first non-conference game and you solve the issue entirely.

College is wayyyy closer to the pros than high school. It is amateur in name only at this point. Maybe the education piece should just be taken out of it entirely unless a player choose to opt into class. I think folks are taking out frustrations with the system on the players that are just making the best of a messy situation. I just happen to think that’s unfair to the players.
I can guarantee you fans are losing more money on gambling than winning.
Just saying!

Definitely speculation.

Just very odd to be there after leaving the team and then showing up wearing cuse stuff.

Idk, personally I just see it as a jersey kid at home for the holidays and all his friends are playing right down the road so he went to watch and support them. Even though he is in the portal, I am sure he has a lot of close friends on the team that he misses and wanted to see.

I am not saying you are wrong. But I just feel like it is a little bit different from a fans perspective than players. Fans always take it farther, that it is a slight someone is leaving and then generally most fans take it personal and wish that player poorly. For example, this is what I did with Davante Adams. I love Adams. I did not think it was a smart move to pay him 30 million on top of your QB who your are paying 50 million. I thought you don’t pay a WR 30 million when you are paying your QB 50 million to make the players around him better and be the show on offense. Only so much money to go around in the NFL. I thought you only pay Davante 30 million if you transition to love because then you need a stud receiver for your young new QB. Even though what happened is what I wanted to happen I rooted for him to have a down year and miss the playoffs because he left on his own accord. It wasn’t the Packers that moved on, it was the player that moved on. That devistated me as a Packer fan that he didn’t want to be a packer for life and we even offered him more money. I am bitter because he left me (like he is a signficant other haha). But the players on the packers and the NFL see it as a “business” decision. They don’t hold any I’ll will because the player needs to look out for himself and do what is in his best interest to provide for their family and their future.

I guess my point is, the fans don’t always take into account all the personal relationships that players have even when they decide to leave. And even though they are leaving they still want to see good things happen to their friends. But as fans we become bitter and don’t like to lose good players. So we write them off as how dare them say good things about our team when they are leaving. It’s hurtful for most because they don’t want to lose that player. It makes you do crazy things.

Tucker and Mikel declared for the draft. They are still part of the program. I could be wrong but when you portal, you’ve basically left the school. I’d find it odd if any player in the portal was on the sideline with his old team.

I hope Duce and Carter both return. It‘s that kind of secondary depth that will hold up throughout the year and keep players fresh. I hope we keep all our linebackers and defensive lineman too. That kind of depth is not something we’ve had in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom