CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, my initial thought is - Flop
Big boys thinking our guys are just program fits, would more likely keep them from poaching.

But it might work like the pros - if our guys make good, more HS recruits might want to come here.

But it might work like the pros - if our guys make good, more HS recruits might want to come here.

Not really, because when they ask these guys what school they played, guys like Duce are going to say “LSU” not Syracuse AND LSU

Sure the coaches can say, well he played three years here before transferring to recruits. But any school recruiting against us is easily going to say “well see they had to transfer to this other school for them to get into the league.”

Nickel backs who can cover and tackle RBs are in demand in the NFL these days.
Duce isn’t tackling SEC RB’s with any consistency and living to talk about it.

Not really, because when they ask these guys what school they played, guys like Duce are going to say “LSU” not Syracuse AND LSU

Sure the coaches can say, well he played three years here…………
I don’t know about that. It remains to be seen what they will say. And high school players from where they are from will know they started out at Syracuse.

There’s no upside to it for us. If he flames out it’s “Syracuse guys aren’t SEC quality” and if he does well it’s “look at the corner LSU put in the league”.

This is the crap sandwich side of the transfer portal / NIL.

I would have to agree with you because he basically got recruited over in the same portal recruiting class he came in. That’s cutthroat as hell.
Recruited over not just by one guy, Kelly brought in multiple guys.

I believe LSU runs a 3-3-5 defense, he will see the field ALOT
They also have a ton of talent in the secondary
Him being "nickel" or CB3 won't hurt his draft stock, his play on the field will determine that
NFL needs LOTS of CBs

Wouldn’t be nice to have camp info like this? They must have open practices because there is pods like this all over youtube

Wouldn’t be nice to have camp info like this? They must have open practices because there is pods like this all over youtube
Just my two cents.

When you have huge boosters driving the train, you want to give them access to everything you can to encourage more donations.

This is one way - the legends society just attended a "closed" practice.

But when you also have a rabid fan base who demands info and lives and breathes the program, you have open practice.

I'll never understand it, the closed offness, from a marketing perspective, and trying to build interest and everything else that goes into program building.

But I'm not running the show and it's been the same way up there for nearly two decades now, so I am resigned to the fact that the average Joe is closed off from this type of stuff, and it's getting harder and harder to be included in the select few who do get access.

Do we have any insiders here that are a part of the legends society?

Just my two cents.

When you have huge boosters driving the train, you want to give them access to everything you can to encourage more donations.

But when you also have a rabid fan base who demands info and lives and breathes the program, you have open practice.

I'll never understand it, the closed offness, from a marketing perspective, and trying to build interest and everything else that goes into program building.

But I'm not running the show and it's been the same way up there for nearly two decades now, so I am resigned to the fact that the average Joe is closed off from this type of stuff, and it's getting harder and harder to be included in the select few who do get access.
Well, you have to subscribe to get that LSU APR thing.

Would having that info build interest and develop a "rabid fan base" that "lives and breathes the program?" I doubt that seriously. The only thing that really does that is winning. If the team isn't winning then people have other things to do with their entertainment dollar.

More info from pre-season camp is in the "nice to have" category.

Just my two cents.

Rice has open practices and scrimmages. Could have gone to theirs this Saturday if I wasn't busy. So, even schools of non-rabid fanbases open them up.

Just my two cents.

I don’t get why practice isn’t more open, we are starting the season with Colgate FFS. They video was well done, happy for Deuce. Hope he has like 3 picks against Florida State

Well, you have to subscribe to get that LSU APR thing.

Would having that info build interest and develop a "rabid fan base" that "lives and breathes the program?" I doubt that seriously. The only thing that really does that is winning. If the team isn't winning then people have other things to do with their entertainment dollar.

More info from pre-season camp is in the "nice to have" category.
Have a subscription and have it go to NIL

If Dino was undefeated and his closed off practices and all that were a sure sign of success, I would never debate it. But that’s not the case. Provide more access of certain elements to build excitement. I don’t get it. Barely get to know the players and or coaches

If Dino was undefeated and his closed off practices and all that were a sure sign of success, I would never debate it. But that’s not the case. Provide more access of certain elements to build excitement. I don’t get it. Barely get to know the players and or coaches
The irony is they gave more access last year and the results were better. Players like to perform in front of a crowd.

Practices are closed. Media is allowed in for the first 30 minutes of many of them. They do have 2-3 where they allow media to see the whole practice.

The irony is they gave more access last year and the results were better. Players like to perform in front of a crowd.
Its based on how they like to do their work and operate the team. I dont understand why people equate it to winning or losing. He will run his practices the same way regardless of success. Not fun for fans but preferred by coaches.

Last edited:
Its based on how they like to do their work and operate the team. I dont understood why people equate it to winning or losing. He will run his practices the same way regardless of success. Not fun for fans but preferred by coaches.
I think it’s viewed that way because people believe (rightly, or wrongly) that the practices are closed off, the players and coaches are strictly limited and the information flow is at almost zero because the head coach sees it as some sort of strategic advantage.

I view this approach by coaching staffs as dramatically overblown at best or utter nonsense at worst. But it’s kind of a football coach thing and I’m not disagreeing with anyone who says winning is the ultimate bottom line.

Beyond that, Dino seems to truly care for his players and staff from what I’ve read. So it’s probably not worth flipping out about it.

I just miss the days where we at least had an idea of who was having a good camp. Who came back stronger or quicker, etc. Even if it was half BS, the alternative is the season just starting one day in September (or late august) and ending with a hard stop a couple months later.

Status
Not open for further replies.