CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Highly rated kids aren't going to sit long. They just won't. Factories going to bring in kids like cattle and sort it out. Those that aren't playing will move on pretty quickly. They want to play and at least show what they can do or not do
Agreed. It was some sarcasm on my part. I could see him going to a place like TCU looking to start immediately.

Highly rated kids aren't going to sit long. They just won't. Factories going to bring in kids like cattle and sort it out. Those that aren't playing will move on pretty quickly. They want to play and at least show what they can do or not do
Yup I bet that's part of some teams recruiting pitch. Hey come compete for the position and if you don't win out you can transfer. It at least gets them into their program.

Yup I bet that's part of some teams recruiting pitch. Hey come compete for the position and if you don't win out you can transfer. It at least gets them into their program.

I think Ryan Day pretty much said as much with regard to recruiting the QB spot. Get them in and let it sort itself out

If this makes you feel any better LSU is losing guys too, and he seemed to be on the fast track to starting for the Tigers.

Edit: I realize they have like 3 other 4-5 stars on the roster.

rated #1 dual threat out of high school from Lafayette, LA. That's crazy. Be interesting where he winds up. Probably Georgia

Here’s another angle on transfers: Chestnut and Carter are known quantities that have performed well. Sometimes there’s a drop off after you’ve made your bones.
Now Bellamy and Gould (ostensibly their replacements) need to shine to make it to the next level. They’re going to have to really apply themselves and I’m excited to see it. They want to add value to their stock and I think a hungry player is better for the team.

Here’s another angle on transfers: Chestnut and Carter are known quantities that have performed well. Sometimes there’s a drop off after you’ve made your bones.
Now Bellamy and Gould (ostensibly their replacements) need to shine to make it to the next level. They’re going to have to really apply themselves and I’m excited to see it. They want to add value to their stock and I think a hungry player is better for the team.
ehh I don't know. They are still not in the league yet but can smell it. Deuce and Carter both are certainly still hungry.

Duce missed spring ball for LSU but it appears he's been healthy since at least mid June. Sounds like he is expected to possibly take over the nickel roll for them.

LSU transfer Duce Chestnut fully cleared

2023 LSU Tigers Snapshot Profile: No. 22 Duce Chestnut
Unless LSU plays a base nickle he’s gone from 2nd or 3rd team all-acc preseason to the first guy off the bench. He’s now just another dude.

hope it works out.

considering his role in the LA drama might have been best for everyone anyway. He entered the portal two days after that fiasco

What a downgrade. Goes from all-league player to nickel back . We’ll see what happens but honestly i don’t want either to get hurt, but it will be good for Syracuse long term if neither excels and they play far less. Hopefully it will lead to others down the road to think twice.

What a downgrade. Goes from all-league player to nickel back . We’ll see what happens but honestly i don’t want either to get hurt, but it will be good for Syracuse long term if neither excels and they play far less. Hopefully it will lead to others down the road to think twice.

He could be a nickel back on a national champion.

Nickel backs who can cover and tackle RBs are in demand in the NFL these days.

Unless LSU plays a base nickle he’s gone from 2nd or 3rd team all-acc preseason to the first guy off the bench. He’s now just another dude.

hope it works out.

considering his role in the LA drama might have been best for everyone anyway. He entered the portal two days after that fiasco
The NIL giveth and taketh away. Sure, he's getting paid but not a featured guy right now like he would be at SYR. Maybe that changes as he gets healthy but if he missed spring ball here he would not be relegated to the nickel.

hope it works out.

Yup he ran away.

The NIL giveth and taketh away. Sure, he's getting paid but not a featured guy right now like he would be at SYR. Maybe that changes as he gets healthy but if he missed spring ball here he would not be relegated to the nickel.
He would have gotten paid at Syracuse as well. That’s the part being left out. Would it have been as much as LSU? Hell if I know, the people with more knowledge of the collectives can comment on that. But it’s not like he wouldn’t have gotten anything here. And he would have been starting on a team that has a good possibility of being ranked this year.

LSU brought in 4 of the top 15 transfer CB’s this cycle with Duce being the lowest ranked of those 4. Maybe being on a national title contender was what was most important for him, because on the surface the move doesn’t make a heck of a lot of sense.

nickelback_2023_1280x1280_1674078217.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.