CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t mind the portal but the timeline of the portal, bowls and the playoffs needs serious adjustments.
Needs to be regulations about schools meddling with other school’s players in the middle of the season too.

I don’t know how these coaches do it. I’d be fist fighting them all on sight if they were talking to my players during the season.

I don’t bear any ill will towards Duce for leaving, I'm not going to somehow turn transferring into a value statement or a judgement on character, it's just not that serious. However, it is frustrating as a fan of Syracuse. I don’t know him well enough to even care what his reasons are… the same way I fully embrace any incoming transfers, I don’t care what the motivation is, I’m just excited as a fan of Syracuse to get them on the squad!

Here's the reality, & not that he even cares, but as soon as Duce is out the door it's out of sight, out of mind for me… you left Syracuse to go play college ball elsewhere for whatever reason, I’m a fan of Syracuse & that’s what gets my attention, passion & care… simply put, when to play on another college team it’s deuces (no pun I promise!) from me.
Peace Out Reaction GIF

Needs to be regulations about schools meddling with other school’s players in the middle of the season too.

I don’t know how these coaches do it. I’d be fist fighting them all on sight if they were talking to my players during the season.

With social media there is nothing they can do. They can say no contact by coaches but Dino can just have player X contact player Y on social and let them know whats up

Yeah, it’s just scrubby. No integrity.

I wouldn’t shake any of these guy’s hands at midfield after the game. Straight to the locker room.

It's also impossible for the NCAA or any regulatory body to control what boosters do. The NCAA has no authority over the actions of people who don't fall under their jurisdiction, especially now that they're empowered by unfettered NIL.

Disagree. I’ve never heard “punching the air” in that context.

It’s usually in reference to this:

I was being sarcastic. Josh was celebrating Tony White taking the DC job at Nebraska. Applying that logic to a player doing the same exact thing.

Hating on a kid from friggin Camden, NJ for chasing life changing money is silly. Most of us would do the same thing and would have done it 12 months ago.
How do you know we didn't match. Duece didn't leave just for money.

How did he use us?
I guess it sucks, players expect fans to buy gear as part of nil, but some bolt when a better offer comes through. Its a bummer, and most wish we could root for a guy 4 years unless an NFL opportunity comes, which no one can begrudge. But to bolt to another college feels different, especially if its about nil, when fans spent their good money to support that players nil at Syracuse.

I am sincerely struggling to remain a Syracuse Football Fan or maybe more accurately a college football fan...this isn't college football, it's just another version of Professional Football that already exists with NFL. Call me out dated, call me old...but I'm a fan of some level of commitment between students who play football and Universities. I have a lifelong emotional commitment to MY university and I bleed orange. How can I root for players who look at my University that I treasure as a one night stand and not a lifelong partner. Just venting.
I find it hilarious there were 34 likes and 1 dislike. How can you dislike this message?!!’

I sort of agree with this take. Now that these players are getting paid they are going to get treated as professionals. I am a St Louis Cardinal fan I cheer for the people on the Cardinals. If you aren't on the Cardinals I either don't care about you or I actively cheer against you.

The game has changed and so will the way people cheer/root for their teams.
Rooting against a players team and rooting for them to fail are two different concepts.

I hope Duce kills it and talks up Cuse as the place where he got his chance….and I hope we beat his ass if we play him.

I guess it sucks, players expect fans to buy gear as part of nil, but some bolt when a better offer comes through. Its a bummer, and most wish we could root for a guy 4 years unless an NFL opportunity comes, which no one can begrudge. But to bolt to another college feels different, especially if its about nil, when fans spent their good money to support that players nil at Syracuse.

“Unless an NFL opportunity comes, which no one can begrudge”

You should check the basketball board when a Syracuse player leaves early

Interesting take by Tyler.

Wrong. He would have been our best returning defender in the secondary, and at worst top 2 or 3 on the entire defense behind maybe Wax and Thompson. Its a big blow and it sucks. I hate NIL. College sports is a shell of itself with all the comings and goings. The more this happens, the more it makes it very difficult to feel an attachment to the school/university and the team.

Last edited:
“Unless an NFL opportunity comes, which no one can begrudge”

You should check the basketball board when a Syracuse player leaves early
Yea, I'm speaking from my pov, but there are some who are miserable over everything.

I know this….unless we play for an NC, I’m not spending a dime on going to an expensive exhibition game in December when a bunch of the starters have already transferred and the best players aren’t even playing because they might get hurt. Might as well be the spring game. If it was in the Dome and free, I’d probably go.

Rooting against a players team and rooting for them to fail are two different concepts.

I hope Duce kills it and talks up Cuse as the place where he got his chance…

That is just not going to be the reality anymore. It is going to get worse and worse IMO. I am indifferent I could care less if Duce succeeds or fails now that he isn't on Syracuse I will not cheer for him and will only cheer against him if it helps Syracuse. That is all.

I don’t wish Duce ill will by any means but I’m not going to pretend like I’m still rooting for him. My feeling towards him now is that of indifference. If he makes it to the NFL or XFL I will root for him again though from a far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom