CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this….unless we play for an NC, I’m not spending a dime on going to an expensive exhibition game in December when a bunch of the starters have already transferred and the best players aren’t even playing because they might get hurt. Might as well be the spring game. If it was in the Dome and free, I’d probably go.

Amen. Outside of a NY6 Bowl or CFP, going to a bowl game to watch a team that doesn't resemble the one you watched all year, almost seems stupid. I'll watch on TV, act like an idiot and cheer for whoever is out there, but it has a completely less important feeling than it has/should.

That said, there are guys that give their all and pour everything into it, so I want them to succeed, which is ultimately what makes it so fun to be a fan. Mikel Jones will go down as someone the fanbase will remember, not only for his talent, but for his passion. Wish we had a full team of him, but not too many guys have his drive and warrior mentality. Hope he can go for the bowl game. Those are the types of guys I want on my team.

Bye...I will continue to root for the name on the front of the jersey and not the back....NEXT!
Seinfeld Soup GIF

I just came in from dinner to this thread. I haven’t read one page. im sick of this schite. Becoming real hard to be a CFB fan anymore
Why are people so soft? Like I don’t mean to be an ass but fans can still be fans of a team even if the roster is turning over every couple of years (which isn’t even true). It’s not like all 22 starters are transferring out every year. I’m not sure what the transfer portal has changed outside of it being new. We already realize players commit to coaches and not schools, and that’s how it should be. If you go to a job and you love your boss and then he leaves and your new boss is a dick or you don’t like their management style, do you HAVE to stay because you should be committed to the company? A player can be told tomorrow that they should seek a transfer if the new coach brings in his own guys/his own style, so why shouldn’t they be able to make their own choices about what’s best for them?

Last edited:
It was once said that “Eric Devendorf smells deuces.”

This is the only deuce I will talk about, going forward.

Players commit to coaches. Just how it goes. Look who just won the heisman
These days it seems some players commit to whoever offers the most money. Btw I’m not a fan of Riley.

I know this….unless we play for an NC, I’m not spending a dime on going to an expensive exhibition game in December when a bunch of the starters have already transferred and the best players aren’t even playing because they might get hurt. Might as well be the spring game. If it was in the Dome and free, I’d probably go.
(unless it's in a really nice destination)

I think we can all agree, in the midst of all this mayhem, it’s kinda funny that nobody responded this way about good ole’ Chad Schuster hitting the portal… lots of “best of lucks’s” & “hope he lands somewhere with a good fit” kinda stuff.

When Duce hits the portal it’s different, the system was the same for Chad as it was for Duce, haha.

I don’t wish Duce ill will by any means but I’m not going to pretend like I’m still rooting for him. My feeling towards him now is that of indifference. If he makes it to the NFL or XFL I will root for him again though from a far.

By then I’ll likely forget he was ever in Orange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom