Class of 2017 - CB Jordan Martin / Grad Transfer from Toledo to Syracuse | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 CB Jordan Martin / Grad Transfer from Toledo to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be they invested that money into a state of the art camera system. Could be they wanted to make sure a lax player could see a lax ball coming at his head at 100 mph. Could be they set the budget and paid for the facility before the ACC move, one they are still paying off btw. Could be they thought simply having the facility was recruiting tool enough and redid the film rooms and team rooms, or the players' cafeteria instead. I can't tell you how many times I've read about a recruit going elsewhere because our IPF didn't have enough wall art.

I'm sure something will get done eventually, but I'm also sure it's low on the priority list. Should this have been done before or instead of the Dome locker rooms?

On the other point, do you know for fact the toilets were a budget issue? Again, maybe that money was better spent elsewhere in the club, especially considering they already have toilets to satisfy code. Maybe that was another issue. Do you realize it changes the permit and inspection process to add plumbing fixtures? Do you know if there is a grandfathered variance from 1979 that new toilets might violate, triggering a code necessitated full facility upgrade? Haven't we already heard about ADA compliance issues? Imagine building an ADA compliant bathroom in the club and telling people who aren't in the club that they must go elsewhere for the closest ADA bathroom. Lawsuit.

I'm sorry all this often seems simple and obvious, but it seldom is, or it probably would have been done.

Spin it anyway you like. Fact is, when building a facility, leaving things undone with an effort to maybe target in the future; never gets done. It simply looks undone. From the inside, you would have no idea who's IPF it was. Is that what we want? No other IPF is undone. Regarding C44. A friend close to the situation says , yes, the restrooms would have sent the project over budget, thus, the vip area of the dome, most prestigious...has no restrooms! So, leave and walk 300 ft and relieve yourself in throughs for the added thousands/yr. Point is, we have ACC dollars now. These cheesy shortcuts need to disappear.

Could be they invested that money into a state of the art camera system. Could be they wanted to make sure a lax player could see a lax ball coming at his head at 100 mph. Could be they set the budget and paid for the facility before the ACC move, one they are still paying off btw. Could be they thought simply having the facility was recruiting tool enough and redid the film rooms and team rooms, or the players' cafeteria instead. I can't tell you how many times I've read about a recruit going elsewhere because our IPF didn't have enough wall art.

I'm sure something will get done eventually, but I'm also sure it's low on the priority list. Should this have been done before or instead of the Dome locker rooms?

On the other point, do you know for fact the toilets were a budget issue? Again, maybe that money was better spent elsewhere in the club, especially considering they already have toilets to satisfy code. Maybe that was another issue. Do you realize it changes the permit and inspection process to add plumbing fixtures? Do you know if there is a grandfathered variance from 1979 that new toilets might violate, triggering a code necessitated full facility upgrade? Haven't we already heard about ADA compliance issues? Imagine building an ADA compliant bathroom in the club and telling people who aren't in the club that they must go elsewhere for the closest ADA bathroom. Lawsuit.

I'm sorry all this often seems simple and obvious, but it seldom is, or it probably would have been done.

YUP, a friend, solid friend close to the situation told me that was the situation was the restrooms would blow the project over budget. Ok. That's before ACC $$$. Cheesy, but ok. The IPF THING, some color and history on tje wall cant be too much over 10k. If you were blindfolded and walked into the IPF, and asked to guess what school you were at...couldn't do it. That's the problem .

YUP, a friend, solid friend close to the situation told me that was the situation was the restrooms would blow the project over budget. Ok. That's before ACC $$$. Cheesy, but ok. The IPF THING, some color and history on tje wall cant be too much over 10k. If you were blindfolded and walked into the IPF, and asked to guess what school you were at...couldn't do it. That's the problem .
You really run your mouth a lot for not knowing what you're talking about.

I think people would notice the giant block S at midfield and know they were at SU...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom