Class of 2017 - CB Jordan Martin / Grad Transfer from Toledo to Syracuse | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 CB Jordan Martin / Grad Transfer from Toledo to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't it make more sense to give the soccer team the renovated lockers in Manley and give the football team the lockers in the IPF?

These are game day lockers similar to the Dome lockers. They are not full time/every day lockers, just a place to put your stuff during the game and game plan/adjust at halftime.
Think of it as your dorm room or apartment vs. a place to put your jacket while in class

Don't think there's a photo of that from the 2000's...

There is in the football wing somewhere. Kids pose with a jammed dome in the background all the time. No excuse for the drab, sterile look of inside the IPF.

There is in the football wing somewhere. Kids pose with a jammed dome in the background all the time. No excuse for the drab, sterile look of inside the IPF.

Its just a practice facility, and a pretty nice one at that. Really how fancy does it need to be?

Its just a practice facility, and a pretty nice one at that. Really how fancy does it need to be?
I think he just wants to see some more color in the IPF. Many of them have "murals", banners, logos or other such things on the walls. Personally I think they have a lot of other things the need to spend money on.
Perhaps it also has something to do with who was the major donor for the building, since it is used by the Lax team. I seem to recall he had input on the lettering on the exterior.
Ish88888 you have to remember the IPF is used by multiple teams, not just football.

I think he just wants to see some more color in the IPF. Many of them have "murals", banners, logos or other such things on the walls. Personally I think they have a lot of other things the need to spend money on.
Perhaps it also has something to do with who was the major donor for the building, since it is used by the Lax team. I seem to recall he had input on the lettering on the exterior.
Ish88888 you have to remember the IPF is used by multiple teams, not just football.
Your recollection matches mine, and yes while it is football first, it is not football only. The soccer stadium uses the lockers, team rooms, and bathrooms simply because it is the closest building, so that function was designed in.

Okay let's clear some things up here...

#1 - The "locker rooms" in the IPF are where the soccer teams meet for halftime. They have their own locker rooms inside Manley but it cuts down on the walk. The IPF is not their everyday locker room.

#2 - The locker rooms in Manley in the football wing are very nice and they have beautiful canvas photos all over the walls (a great one of Floyd literally carrying a defender who is holding on to Floyd's torn jersey)

#3 - The football wing is where players spend all of their time. The cafeteria, the players lounge, the auditorium, the meeting rooms, etc. It is one very well done hub for them - that is why their locker rooms are there.

Okay let's clear some things up here...

#1 - The "locker rooms" in the IPF are where the soccer teams meet for halftime. They have their own locker rooms inside Manley but it cuts down on the walk. The IPF is not their everyday locker room.

#2 - The locker rooms in Manley in the football wing are very nice and they have beautiful canvas photos all over the walls (a great one of Floyd literally carrying a defender who is holding on to Floyd's torn jersey)

#3 - The football wing is where players spend all of their time. The cafeteria, the players lounge, the auditorium, the meeting rooms, etc. It is one very well done hub for them - that is why their locker rooms are there.
Makes a little more sense. Just still find it weird that they invest all this money in a football practice facility and give the locker room to the soccer team:bat:

Makes a little more sense. Just still find it weird that they invest all this money in a football practice facility and give the locker room to the soccer team:bat:

Have you seen the room? It's not a locker room. It's meeting space. It's not meant for over 100 people

Have you seen the room? It's not a locker room. It's meeting space. It's not meant for over 100 people
No. I haven't seen it. When people began calling it a locker room, I assumed it was an actual locker room.

Anyway, back to Jordan Martin

Jordan Martin played in something called The Glass Bowl. When he visited Syracuse he was relieved the locker room actually had walls you couldn't see through.
I actually really like the updated look if the Manley locker room. Hope that the Dome locker rooms are first class when completed, and believe they will be.

Oh ...and how bout Jordan Martin?! Good looking recruit

Good point, but as you said murals or even the block S all over the place.

I actually really like the updated look if the Manley locker room. Hope that the Dome locker rooms are first class when completed, and believe they will be.

Oh ...and how bout Jordan Martin?! Good looking recruit
Because you said you've never seen them and wanted to know what Jordan Martin's locker could have looked like in the IPF...

Attachments

• IPF locker 02.jpg
    IPF locker 02.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 167
Or this

Attachments

• IPF locker 03.jpg
    IPF locker 03.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 155
Because you said you've never seen them and wanted to know what Jordan Martin's locker could have looked like in the IPF...
Ha! Well that's not a "locker room" in any sense except the most loose sense possible. Thanks

Yes, its nice on the outside, extremely functional space. That said, it looks like an incomplete project on the inside. Check out other IPFs. It's drab and looks undone.

Yes, its nice on the outside, extremely functional space. That said, it looks like an incomplete project on the inside. Check out other IPFs. It's drab and looks undone.
You've gotta pick your fights. While I agree that it could use some embellishment, I can think of a lot of better ways for them to spend $500,000-$1,000,000. We're talking about 10% of the facility's cost to put pictures on the wall

So am I the only one that has a mild heart attack anytime a thread re-pops up about a recruit that should already be here/on the team?

So am I the only one that has a mild heart attack anytime a thread re-pops up about a recruit that should already be here/on the team?
Yes. Because he is on the team and any "news" about him would be on the main football forum.

You've gotta pick your fights. While I agree that it could use some embellishment, I can think of a lot of better ways for them to spend $500,000-$1,000,000. We're talking about 10% of the facility's cost to put pictures on the wall

Lol, at this point and with ACC $$$, not listening to the budget angle these days. For the love of god, put some colors on the walls, geeeez. My god. Could cost less than 10k. It looks undone on the inside and recruits notice. Do it right.

Lol, at this point and with ACC $$$, not listening to the budget angle these days. For the love of god, put some colors on the walls, geeeez. My god. Could cost less than 10k. It looks undone on the inside and recruits notice. Do it right.
Unlike you NJCuse97 does know exactly what it would cost put that "color" in the IPF...and it's no where near 10K.

Unlike you NJCuse97 does know exactly what it would cost put that "color" in the IPF...and it's no where near 10K.

Ok, then we can just leave it undone and sterile. Kinda like there weren't funds for restrooms in the million dollar C44. Cant make this stuff up.

Ok, then we can just leave it undone and sterile. Kinda like there weren't funds for restrooms in the million dollar C44. Cant make this stuff up.
not listening to the budget angle these days.

It looks undone on the inside and recruits notice. Do it right.

Could be they invested that money into a state of the art camera system. Could be they wanted to make sure a lax player could see a lax ball coming at his head at 100 mph. Could be they set the budget and paid for the facility before the ACC move, one they are still paying off btw. Could be they thought simply having the facility was recruiting tool enough and redid the film rooms and team rooms, or the players' cafeteria instead. I can't tell you how many times I've read about a recruit going elsewhere because our IPF didn't have enough wall art.

I'm sure something will get done eventually, but I'm also sure it's low on the priority list. Should this have been done before or instead of the Dome locker rooms?

On the other point, do you know for fact the toilets were a budget issue? Again, maybe that money was better spent elsewhere in the club, especially considering they already have toilets to satisfy code. Maybe that was another issue. Do you realize it changes the permit and inspection process to add plumbing fixtures? Do you know if there is a grandfathered variance from 1979 that new toilets might violate, triggering a code necessitated full facility upgrade? Haven't we already heard about ADA compliance issues? Imagine building an ADA compliant bathroom in the club and telling people who aren't in the club that they must go elsewhere for the closest ADA bathroom. Lawsuit.

I'm sorry all this often seems simple and obvious, but it seldom is, or it probably would have been done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom