Class of 2025 - CB/WR Demetres Samuel (FL) Flipped to Florida (7/31/24) | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 CB/WR Demetres Samuel (FL) Flipped to Florida (7/31/24)

We're going to recruit over the No. 83 ranked prospect in the country? lolololol
Chuck Norris Yes GIF by Sony Pictures Television

Has Florida been relevant at all since Steve Spurrier left many many years ago?

edit: Urban Meyer did well for a few years but they have had many misses in HC’s.

Last edited:
We're going to recruit over the No. 83 ranked prospect in the country? lolololol
Yep. Because if he hits the portal it will mean he flamed out at UF and he won’t be the number whatever recruit. He’ll be a portal retread at that point. If he performs he has no reason to transfer here.

Has Florida been relevant at all since Steve Spurrier left many many years ago?

edit: Urban Meyer did well for a few years but they have had many misses in HC’s.
At least as relevant as we’ve been and then some.

At least as relevant as we’ve been and then some.
Well there are two nation championships there as well. At what cost I guess? but they are still there. I would say that's relevant

Some interesting info for you on Demetrius. As I said before, I live in the same area of Florida as Demetrius. A friend who is a local high school coach asked Demetrius about committing to Cuse. Demetrius shrugged it off and said (paraphrase) “It’s early yet. I committed to see if it would increase interest. Kinda like dating a girl, other girls find you more desireable if you’re dating someone else”

We all knew this one was going to be a challenge to hold on to given all the UF, FSU, Miami, UCF supporters around here. Given this recent statement, I’d say its not if, but when will he flip.

Sorry to be the bearer of not great news. HCFB is different, maybe there’s a chance, I just won’t get too invested in this kid Until he signs.

Florange44
Honestly, if this was the kid's sentiment the whole time, I'd rather him not even be here in the first place. In an era with little loyalty and accountability for young athletes it seems as if Fran is building a culture of the opposite. Whether Demetrius would have ended up fitting here or not I have no clue, but in the era of the portal and NIL I think there is an importance in having guys who are actually about the "S". Doesn't seem like this guy was about that. Guy will probably be looking for the next school in 1-2 years again anyways lol.

Yep. Because if he hits the portal it will mean he flamed out at UF and he won’t be the number whatever recruit. He’ll be a portal retread at that point. If he performs he has no reason to transfer here.
Lots of other reasons outside him not performing.

This kid is right down the road from me. Heritage high school in Palm Bay, not American Heritage as Mike M reported. Brevard county is an under recruited part of Florida, but still has 10 ish high D1 players per year. We had 2 players from this area last year, Jones the wr from Cocoa and a reserve linebacker who played special teams from Melbourne (name escapes me). Good to see cuse getting in around here.

This area is huge Gator country, not to mention FSU, UCF and Miami. It will take a lot of effort to hold onto a recruit this highly rated. If anyone can do it, Fran can.

I will catch some of his games this year and report back.

Go Orange!

florange44
I believe this was the kid who the Orlando Sentinel interviewed and he said he was committed to Syracuse but was waiting for offers from Florida schools. He showed tepid interest at best in his SYR commitment. No surprise here at all that he backed out.

I believe this was the kid who the Orlando Sentinel interviewed and he said he was committed to Syracuse but was waiting for offers from Florida schools. No surprise here at all that he backed out.
Nope that was our 5 star linebacker izaya Williams who said that both were class of 2026

Nope that was our 5 star linebacker izaya Williams who said that both were class of 2026
I suspect we'll be in the same boat with him most likely. Just reading the tea leaves.

But this is pretty new territory for us to have top 100 recruits verballed for a class a cycle out from the current class. Comes with the territory unfortunately.

I suspect we'll be in the same boat with him most likely. Just reading the tea leaves.

But this is pretty new territory for us to have top 100 recruits verballed for a class a cycle out from the current class. Comes with the territory unfortunately.
Oh for sure I don’t think we get that running back from Pennsylvania that’s committed either that’s a 4 star

Oh for sure I don’t think we get that running back from Pennsylvania that’s committed either that’s a 4 star
At least he's a little closer to campus. But you're right, it's a challenge.

The kids from FL - they might as well be on the moon at this point.

Some interesting info for you on Demetrius. As I said before, I live in the same area of Florida as Demetrius. A friend who is a local high school coach asked Demetrius about committing to Cuse. Demetrius shrugged it off and said (paraphrase) “It’s early yet. I committed to see if it would increase interest. Kinda like dating a girl, other girls find you more desireable if you’re dating someone else”

We all knew this one was going to be a challenge to hold on to given all the UF, FSU, Miami, UCF supporters around here. Given this recent statement, I’d say its not if, but when will he flip.

Sorry to be the bearer of not great news. HCFB is different, maybe there’s a chance, I just won’t get too invested in this kid Until he signs.

Florange44
I don't mind a kid decommitting. Sometimes you find a place that you like better. But this rubs me wrong. If he did say something like this, it means he was never serious about coming here. We were just a placeholder until something better came along.
If this is the kid's attitude, I would highly doubt Fran would take him back if the opportunity arose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom