CBS article: Richard Pitino confident he | Syracusefan.com

CBS article: Richard Pitino confident he

Cuseology

Walk On
Can turn Minny around.

Did I miss something or is he getting Tubby's NCAA tourney team that even won a game in the tournament? What "turnaround" is necessary here?

This is more of a criticism of the writer than Pitino, because I don't see a quote of his that claims a need to turn it around. The headline is just stupid and insulting to Tubby.

And quite honestly Minnesota is about as good as it is going to get in the B1G10. I dont see them ever competing on a yearly basis with Indiana, Michigan, MSU and Ohio State. I think you are aiming for 5th place Richard.

Rightly or wrongly...it seems to me that Minnesota has very high expectations for their program and want to be a national powerhouse. That's why Tubby was fired...he couldn't do that.

Facilities are terrible. Good luck getting kids to go there

Gee I thought the B1G schools were awash with cash. Obviously another case of mismanagement by the admins. there.

Gee I thought the B1G schools were awash with cash. Obviously another case of mismanagement by the admins. there.

This.

Good Lord, in all the conference expansion talk, you'd think the B1G was a frikkin Paradise. Nothing but money. Turns out, Minny craps on basketball for some odd reason - maybe hockey.

Little Pitino is a recruiter par excellence. Don't underestimate this guy.

Exactly. The Gophers hockey team plays in a great arena built in 1993. the basketball team plays in a dump built in 1928.

If they think they're going to build a consistent winner without a massive facilities upgrade, they're dilusional.

Exactly. The Gophers hockey team plays in a great arena built in 1993. the basketball team plays in a dump built in 1928.

If they think they're going to build a consistent winner without a massive facilities upgrade, they're dilusional.
maybe they wanted a 'young' coach to get the new building built??

we know football got a field, you say the hockey team got theirs, my guess is next up would be hoop. :noidea:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom