Celebrities in SU gear | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Celebrities in SU gear

Bill Clinton and Chris Brown
Not sure that's a good look in the #metoo era.

not trying to be a starter... but i still dont know how Kobe is getting this pass from #metoo

not trying to be a starter... but i still dont know how Kobe is getting this pass from #metoo
People the press likes are immune.
That said, there was a guy who just grew as a person. Whatever happened that night, which ever version was true, he never took a misstep thereafter, it seems.
He seemed to become a dad and husband we could all do well to model.

That said, there was a guy who just grew as a person. Whatever happened that night, which ever version was true, he never took a misstep thereafter, it seems.

Do you judge people on what they were or what they became?

Well his dad wanted to be an NFL owner, maybe he'll generously donate to the AD?
Or maybe his son is not quite done with football?

Mike Vick can’t even captain the pro bowl without causing a huge stir. And he literally did his time.

It really drives me nuts House of Cards franchise had to be completely obliterated

But yeah, I generally agree with your post.

Do you judge people on what they were or what they became?
I try not to judge, but I am not yet always the man I wish to be.
I believe no one is infallible, but that, on the whole, a person should be judged by the totality of their actions, not just an isolated incident. One time actions are far easier (for me) to dismiss in the totality of a life than are serial occurrences. (For instance, Trump, Clinton, Weinstein, etc., vs Kobe)
For me, Kobe's life made no impact on mine (never met the guy) , nor did the allegations against him. (Then again, I really can't stand our celebrity culture, but that's for a different thread.)
The matter was resolved between adults, and everyone moved on, which is fine by me. He seemed to have grown from that incident into a great dad, husband, entrepreneur, philanthropist and mentor.
I would not lump Kobe in with Clinton, Chris Brown or Jim Brown. Nor did I. The post I responded to wondered how Kobe had escaped scrutiny for the Colorado incident.

Since I inadvertently hijacked this thread, how about the Johnny Depp Amber Heard twist. This is why the rush to believe based on gender is so dangerous.

For some people, if they can't be angry about something their life has no meaning.

dont get me wrong, what vick did was heinous... but he went out of his way to pay his debt to society, to his creditors, and improve on his overall life resume. But he'll never be able to out live it.

I’m on the board of the central NJ alumni group, and we’ve already sent him a welcome and aheads up for the annual new student summer send off. Would be cool if he and his dad came
I should hook up with that group as I live in Middlesex Co. I’ll bring the beer if Jon brings his guitar.

If you look at most of the predators outed by the #MeToo Movement, they are serial offenders -- Wenstein, Lauer, the MSU Doctor, etc. It's a sick compulsion that they had.

With Kobe, he was accused once and there were enough strange circumstances that at least a seed of doubt was put into the public's minds. Whatever happened that night, Kobe at least seemed to change for the better. I think people give him credit for that.

dont get me wrong, what vick did was heinous... but he went out of his way to pay his debt to society, to his creditors, and improve on his overall life resume. But he'll never be able to out live it.
I want to like everything but the last sentence, which in today's America, is also true.

One more post not related to celebrities in SU gear and every non-related post will be deleted.

Help me out here, folks.

Last edited:
Some years back in this thread is a picture of Bobcat Goldthwait. And this is about Bobcat and Syracuse. So gather ‘round children while Old Uncle Dick tells you the story of his Bobcat Goldthwait Experience.

About 20 years ago Bobcat was appearing at a small standup club locally here in Michigan. I knew that he had grown up in East Syracuse and my wife and I got a table at the edge of the stage on the right side. Bobcat comes out and about ten minutes into his act he says “I grew up in Syracuse, NY. Our mascot is the Orange (yelling in the Bobcat voice) because there’s so many orange trees in Syracuse!!!” Which, needless to say, is pretty funny.

Taking that opportunity, I called out “East Syracuse!” Surprised, he looks over at me.

Bobcat: “Yeah, that’s right! Wait….do you mean me or you?”

Me: “Both of us”

Bobcat: “Where did you grow up?”

Me: “Not far from Carrier Circle”

Bobcat: “OK! I grew up (I seem to recall he said Fremont)”

Bobcat: “Did you graduate from ESM?”

Me: “Yeah I did. ESM and then Syracuse University. And you graduated from Grimes, right?”

Bobcat: “That’s right! Well, I went to ESM too (in the Bobcat voice) but they don’t like to talk about it!” (Editor’s note- I am about 11-12 years older than Bobcat so we never overlapped at any point in school)

I’m sure the audience was wondering “uh, what’s going on here?”

Anyway, Bobcat goes back to his act and about ten minutes later he comes over and says “Hey, when you were in high school did you ever hang around outside of Fremont Lanes and ask older guys to buy beer for you?”

Me: “Um, no”

Bobcat: “Oh, OK!”

And so it went. Every 10-15 minutes Bobcat would come over to my side of the stage and initiate a short conversation about something related to Syracuse. It probably messed up the flow of his show and I’m sure the audience probably hated the interludes.

Me? I thought it was great.

Some years back in this thread is a picture of Bobcat Goldthwait. And this is about Bobcat and Syracuse. So gather ‘round children while Old Uncle Dick tells you the story of his Bobcat Goldthwait Experience.

About 20 years ago Bobcat was appearing at a small standup club locally here in Michigan. I knew that he had grown up in East Syracuse and my wife and I got a table at the edge of the stage on the right side. Bobcat comes out and about ten minutes into his act he says “I grew up in Syracuse, NY. Our mascot is the Orange (yelling in the Bobcat voice) because there’s so many orange trees in Syracuse!!!” Which, needless to say, is pretty funny.

Taking that opportunity, I called out “East Syracuse!” Surprised, he looks over at me.

Bobcat: “Yeah, that’s right! Wait….do you mean me or you?”

Me: “Both of us”

Bobcat: “Where did you grow up?”

Me: “Not far from Carrier Circle”

Bobcat: “OK! I grew up (I seem to recall he said Fremont)”

Bobcat: “Did you graduate from ESM?”

Me: “Yeah I did. ESM and then Syracuse University. And you graduated from Grimes, right?”

Bobcat: “That’s right! Well, I went to ESM too (in the Bobcat voice) but they don’t like to talk about it!” (Editor’s note- I am about 11-12 years older than Bobcat so we never overlapped at any point in school)

I’m sure the audience was wondering “uh, what’s going on here?”

Anyway, Bobcat goes back to his act and about ten minutes later he comes over and says “Hey, when you were in high school did you ever hang around outside of Fremont Lanes and ask older guys to buy beer for you?”

Me: “Um, no”

Bobcat: “Oh, OK!”

And so it went. Every 10-15 minutes Bobcat would come over to my side of the stage and initiate a short conversation about something related to Syracuse. It probably messed up the flow of his show and I’m sure the audience probably hated the interludes.

Me? I thought it was great.

my mom went to grimes with him

I’m on the board of the central NJ alumni group, and we’ve already sent him a welcome and aheads up for the annual new student summer send off. Would be cool if he and his dad came

Well I guess that means you will be the official ambassador to bring JBJ to the FMT!

1580773094323.png
1580773094323.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom