Center recruits | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Center recruits

it might not even be out of the question that bobby braswell sees minutes as a small ball, pick and pop 5[/QUOTE
it might not even be out of the question that bobby braswell sees minutes as a small ball, pick and pop 5

We made a final four run with Tyler Lydon at center mostly

it might not even be out of the question that bobby braswell sees minutes as a small ball, pick and pop 5
Seems like a possibility. I think JB has slightly adjusted and likes to have in his arsenal a more offensive center option, even if they are slightly undersized -ala Lydon or Marek.

It would be an easier way for Bras to see time IMO with the likely return of all the forwards again next year, and the addition of stud QG. But Bras would have a lot of learning to do on the defensive side.

I wonder when JB would suggest learning the center position to Bras.

Anyone have any inclination on any potential grad transfer bigs?
Pure guessing on my part (haven't heard that we are pursuing this), but Nathan Knight would be an awesome get. 6'10 junior center for William and Mary, averaging 20 points, 8 rebounds, 3.5 assists, 2 blocks. And his hometown is Syracuse! He put up great numbers in a few games against ACC competition this year too. Seems to be a perfect match IMO. But again, this is just me making a match.

watch & see

won't have to wait too long to find out whether i'm right or wrong

Just imagine that season WITHOUT Andrew White and John Gillon... < shudder >

Both of those guys were last minute, "break glass in case of emergency" signings.
And it was an emergency.

Why would JB NOT take a guy under those circumstances?
You literally don't have any other options at that point, other than NOT having a guy, at all.

Just imagine that season WITHOUT Andrew White and John Gillon... < shudder >

Both of those guys were last minute, "break glass in case of emergency" signings.
And it was an emergency.

Why would JB NOT take a guy under those circumstances?
You literally don't have any other options at that point, other than NOT having a guy, at all.
watch & see

i'd be surprised if jb ever takes another grad transfer
Not picking a side on this debate, but Love the center Kentucky pulled out of Stanford(?) this year. Kid put Mr. Richards on the pine. I would welcome a kid of that calibre if we don't land a serviceable prep.

Pure guessing on my part (haven't heard that we are pursuing this), but Nathan Knight would be an awesome get. 6'10 junior center for William and Mary, averaging 20 points, 8 rebounds, 3.5 assists, 2 blocks. And his hometown is Syracuse! He put up great numbers in a few games against ACC competition this year too. Seems to be a perfect match IMO. But again, this is just me making a match.
Looks like a traditional junior and not a potential grad transfer...freshman year was 2017 and no redshirt.

as i've stated repeatedly, i don't think jb will ever take another grad transfer, but if he was looking for a transfer center, a great option would be josh nebo from texas a&m. 6-9, 244lb jr on track to graduate. houston native but played his first 2 seasons at st. francis, pa, so he knows the northeast.

only averaging 9 pts 6 boards in 20 mpg, but currently ranks 4th in the nation in block percentage, 8th in the nation in fg pct (.735!), 10th in offensive rating (132.4!) and it top 50 in offensive rebound percentage. he's even hitting 70% at the ft line this year. and he's doing it against p5 competition. his conference per 40 minute averages are 16 pts, 10 boards, 4.6(!) blocks

as long as folks are dreaming, may as well dream big

as i've stated repeatedly, i don't think jb will ever take another grad transfer, but if he was looking for a transfer center, a great option would be josh nebo from texas a&m. 6-9, 244lb jr on track to graduate. houston native but played his first 2 seasons at st. francis, pa, so he knows the northeast.

only averaging 9 pts 6 boards in 20 mpg, but currently ranks 4th in the nation in block percentage, 8th in the nation in fg pct (.735!), 10th in offensive rating (132.4!) and it top 50 in offensive rebound percentage. he's even hitting 70% at the ft line this year. and he's doing it against p5 competition. his conference per 40 minute averages are 16 pts, 10 boards, 4.6(!) blocks

as long as folks are dreaming, may as well dream big

But why would he move on from Texas A&M? That's a major conference.

Is Ohaquille S’Neal available as a “grad” transfer?

Not picking a side on this debate, but Love the center Kentucky pulled out of Stanford(?) this year. Kid put Mr. Richards on the pine. I would welcome a kid of that calibre if we don't land a serviceable prep.
I wonder if Richards will transfer?

like it or not (and like it you should, imo), marek is going to start at center next year & hopefully be strong enough (and learn to avoid fouls) to play ~30 minutes per game. if healthy, boo will be the primary backup.

a promise of immediate pt would be a lie