Center recruits | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Center recruits

Not true. Number 2 is definitely interested.
Yeah just like Isiah Stewart, Quadus,Kofi Cockburn and Kai Jones were this year. Would love to get him and i hope we do... plus please please please dont hold your breath when he announces

To show you how far we’ve dropped, people actually think this kid is an ACC player. If we have to rely on these kind of bigs, we will never get back to where we were.
Lol. Good thing we can all have opinions.

Watched the 2nd half of Belmont and Murray State last night. Good game. And both of these mid majors had centers that put our guys to shame. Why the hell don't we recruit these guys? Because they aren't perfect for the zone? So annoying.

Unlike other positions on the court a C generally relies on others to get his touches. Perhaps if the team had an actual PG it would attract more talent at C.
There's an argument that we could use a former big or a big 'guru' as an assistant. Recruiting and development at the 5 don't seem the same since Hop left.

Last edited:
There's an argument that we could use a former big or a big 'guru' as an assistant. Recruiting and development at the 5 don't seem the same since Hop left.
Rosie Bowie (sp) is available, just saying...

No one on the recruiting trail even knows who Bowie is. He would have no connections to AAU teams.

No one on the recruiting trail even knows who Bowie is. He would have no connections to AAU teams.
Oh please. He's a Syracuse legend (and all around great guy). I can't imagine a recruit that couldn't relate to him. Hop will be 50 in August and he's eating our lunch.

Oh please. He's a Syracuse legend (and all around great guy). I can't imagine a recruit that couldn't relate to him. Hop will be 50 in August and he's eating our lunch.
Rosie is 61

This kid would of been awesome in our zone. Hes having a heck of a freshman year.

Double O is averaging 7.6 pts 7.5 rbs 2.6blks in 26.5min vs Atl 10 while Chuckw 4.2pts 5.4rb 1.7 blks 20.4 min vd ACC competition. Would've been interesting to see how much Double O played center for us this year. But i guess it would've been interesting to watch any of the centers we missed out on this year (Stewart, Kofi, Qudus etc) on next years team.

I'd put him on staff in a HB. Your metrics are ageist - obviously you've never met Rosie.
I agree that Rosie is great to be around. Genuine great guy. How about Rick Jackson, Arinze, Etan Thomas, or Rak Christmas as assistant coach/recruiter/big man developer?

I agree that Rosie is great to be around. Genuine great guy. How about Rick Jackson, Arinze, Etan Thomas, or Rak Christmas as assistant coach/recruiter/big man developer?
Any of those guys would qualify in terms of experience. Whoever the best fit is ... we could use a former big to add to the staff. JMO.

Last edited:
Any new big man coach doesn't have to have connections to our program -- no need to delimit the candidates based upon that.

And they don't necessarily have to be 6-8 or taller, either. That's a nice to have [and should be a fairly irrelevant evaluative criteria], not a need to have.

Any new big man coach doesn't have to have connections to our program -- no need to delimit the candidates based upon that.

And they don't necessarily have to be 6-8 or taller, either. That's a nice to have [and should be a fairly irrelevant evaluative criteria], not a need to have.

Agree - I started doing research of coaching staffs earlier this year and it's definitely not the case that everyone has a big man be their big man coach.