CFP Games Thread | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

CFP Games Thread

Syracuse getting huge props from Sean D. and Holly Rowe about Clemson game. Sean: "That was an impressive performance by Brice considering in retrospect just how good Syracuse was." Beautiful thing by the Orange alum.

Christian Wilkins with the Masters degree in Athletic Leadership. If that isn't a made up degree I don't know what one is. Lol

Last edited:
This was a well-officiated game. You don't see too many. They missed a couple, but it evened out.

We must be pretty good to have given Clemson such a scare.

Dabo Swinney is an impressive HC. Loved that he reapected the ACC in his comments, his players, his coaches, and his opponents. Honestly, I am impressed with him more every year... despite the fact that my ex-wife is a Clemson grad. That says a lot.

This was a well-officiated game. You don't see too many. They missed a couple, but it evened out.

We must be pretty good to have given Clemson such a scare.

Not to be a Buzz Killington or anything but I feel like we lose by two scores at least if we play now the way Clemson’s been rolling.

Not to be a Buzz Killington or anything but I feel like we lose by two scores at least if we play now the way Clemson’s been rolling.
It’s not insane. We got lucky Lawrence got hurt against us. We were competitive against them even with Lawrence and were ahead but Clemson D shut down our O.
The muffed punt gave us that cushion.
No shame to say Clemson beats us badly if it was later in the year.

What a program Swinney has put together. Great scouting, recruiting, and coaching. Can't believe we got at least two more years of Lawrence to deal with.
Devito projects, hopefully, to a Trevor Lawrence-lite. Going to be interesting seeing them go at each other the next few years. We’ll have some weapons for Tommy, but that OL better gel, and quick next year because clearly Clemson will just be reloading on that DL.

From our perspective Clemson was a just miss. From Clemson's perspective, Syracuse was the only threat they experienced all year (and at home). The further Clemson goes, the better SU looks.

Sean McDonough low key putting in work to get us some serious publicity during the CFP.
I think referencing the SU-Clemson game was appropriate and informative.

The Clemson people themselves have said that game, and specifically the 4th and 6 play, was the key to their season. If we hold on, we have the inside track to win the Atlantic. It's a leap to assume the rest of the season unfolds exactly the same way; but beating Pitt the next week is as reasonable a change as losing to UNC.

And if both teams end up with 1 league loss, we go to the conference championshio game, and Clemson is done at 11-1. The Tigers may get passed over in that situation.

So, yes--highlighting the SU-Clemson game was not a pro-Orange reach.

Did they say Tua got a sprained ankle surgically repaired using metal wires? I'm pretty sure a sprained ankle can heal on its own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom