CFP semifinals 1/1/2024 | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

CFP semifinals 1/1/2024

The BCS should cancel the final game to to the injury and just award Michigan the NC
Especially if the betting lines favor Michigan.

Basically already a done deal at that point.

Since the BCS started in 1998, 23 of the 25 teams who have won the national-championship have been north of the Mason Dixon line and 18 of the 25 teams they have defeated have also been from the south. That's 41 of 50 teams, 82%. The only time two northern teams played for the title was in 2014 when Ohio State beat Oregon. Now it will happen again.

Last edited:
Penix elite at avoiding pressure and their receivers are going to shred Michigan's defensive backfield
Yeah. And they have the best qb in the game by far. UM Qb didn’t impress me at all. Hmmm

this gives me so much hope for SU. UW caught lightning in a bottle and this new playoff format anything can happen. Call me crazy but cuse will
Make the 12 next year
I’ll just take a good bowl game.

Yeah. And they have the best qb in the game by far. UM Qb didn’t impress me at all. Hmmm
I already hammered Washington +4.5. I think it's going to be a great game.

Michigan might run the ball 80% of their snaps. But they are going to have to score 35+ to win because this Washington team is going to score 30+ against anybody. UM has not seen an offense close to this UDub's this season. Odunze isn't far off from Harrison Jr. and they have two other pros at the position. And Penix is multiple tiers above any QB they played. (No offense to our guy but Penix is incredible).

this gives me so much hope for SU. UW caught lightning in a bottle and this new playoff format anything can happen. Call me crazy but cuse will
Make the 12 next year
I don’t think it is crazy. We do need a few more pieces to the puzzle along the line of scrimmage on both sides but it is possible.

Def rooting for UW. The national champion coming out of a dying conference's death rattle is an absolutely poetic indictment of the stupidity that is college football today.

sixth year grad transfer qb

Make the 12 next year

Washington won the national championship in ‘91, and were in the playoff in 2016. I agree Syracuse has potential to make a playoff (not sure about next year) - but this is not a “lightning in a bottle” situation. This is a historically good program having a great season. (And while we have history too, it doesn’t stack up to Washington’s history).

Make the 12 next year
It’s not ridiculous. OSU ran McCord out of town for losing to UM by 6. Then they witness UM Beat bamaby 7, curious to see if that makes them feel anything different. Prob not. This solidifies to me just how solid of a QB McCord is and for us he is as good as we have ever imagined recently. So we have a proven QB who has seen it all. That’s huge for immediate success next year. Along with a lighter schedule… we just need to keep recruiting key weaknesses and we know Fran is all over it.

Also, look at UW recruiting:

2024 - 29th overall
2023 - 29th overall
2022 - 59th overall
2021 - 26th overall

It doesn’t exclusively take top 10 classes to make an elite team. We can absolutely stack up close to those rankings going forward especially.

We actually can do this. I can’t believe I feel this way, but this is the juice Fran has brought is incredible. This feels like our last ditch going all in bet and it feels like it can work. CFB is constantly changing and we wanna be in the convo - whatever that convo is.

UW is ok at many spots but elite at 4-5.. But they do have a very good oline.

Hard to believe a team with that offense set a record for having to win every game within 10 pts and no blow outs.

It’s not ridiculous. OSU ran McCord out of town for losing to UM by 6. Then they witness UM Beat bamaby 7, curious to see if that makes them feel anything different. Prob not. This solidifies to me just how solid of a QB McCord is and for us he is as good as we have ever imagined recently. So we have a proven QB who has seen it all. That’s huge for immediate success next year. Along with a lighter schedule… we just need to keep recruiting key weaknesses and we know Fran is all over it.

Also, look at UW recruiting:

2024 - 29th overall
2023 - 29th overall
2022 - 59th overall
2021 - 26th overall

It doesn’t exclusively take top 10 classes to make an elite team. We can absolutely stack up close to those rankings going forward especially.

We actually can do this. I can’t believe I feel this way, but this is the juice Fran has brought is incredible. This feels like our last ditch going all in bet and it feels like it can work. CFB is constantly changing and we wanna be in the convo - whatever that convo is.
The best thing about yesterday was seeing the 2 SEC teams lose.
During the Season the 4 best teams were Michigan, Washington, Georgia, and Florida St until their QB got hurt.
So Karma won out and the 2 teams who got in but shouldn't have lost.

Idk. The play was designed to go left. Looks like the bad snap was a factor? I think it had a chance.
it certainly had a better chance than a plunge into 9 guys. No way it was called or drawn up that way.

Mich trying to win with elite D and avg Off
Wash trying to win with elite O and avg Def

Tex might have had the best mix of the 2 and Ala the worst.

it certainly had a better chance than a plunge into 9 guys. No way it was called or drawn up that way.
As Saban said. They got the play they wanted for the look.. One time they got the look and Wash took TO. one time they got a bad look and they called a TO. And the last time they got what they wanted and didnt execute it..

the QB slipped all night, you wonder if he even wanted to try and make a hard cut.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom