CFP semifinals 1/1/2024 | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

CFP semifinals 1/1/2024

I already hammered Washington +4.5. I think it's going to be a great game.

Michigan might run the ball 80% of their snaps. But they are going to have to score 35+ to win because this Washington team is going to score 30+ against anybody. UM has not seen an offense close to this UDub's this season. Odunze isn't far off from Harrison Jr. and they have two other pros at the position. And Penix is multiple tiers above any QB they played. (No offense to our guy but Penix is incredible).
I think UW is going to put up huge numbers but Michigan is going to move the ball. If I'm Harbaugh I go in saying anything 4th and 3 or shorter I am going for it.

Still confused on why people are celebrating Michigan winning. Isn't it amazing with the 24 hour news cycle, that the fact that they were cheating for an entire season has already been glossed over? As much as i can't stand Saban and Bama, i loathe Harbaugh and Michigan. They deserve nothing.

I've suggested this before, (with the usual response to my suggestions):

You get credit for each yard line you pass. If you have the ball on the 20 and gain 5 yards and a foot, the ball goes on the 25. If you then gain 3 yards and two feet, the ball goes to the 28. If you then gain a yard and 71 inches, the ball goes on the 29 and it's 4th down and one yard. No measurement needed. Toss the chains.

I know, back into the box...

it certainly had a better chance than a plunge into 9 guys. No way it was called or drawn up that way.

They did a deep video dive on TV. If the play had been properly executed, it's a walk-in touchdown, (I suppose most plays are). But the snap was low, throwing the timing off and a 360 pound O-liner got blown up and pushed into the play by a 245 pound defender to make it looked like a quarterback sneak.

Last edited:
Still confused on why people are celebrating Michigan winning. Isn't it amazing with the 24 hour news cycle, that the fact that they were cheating for an entire season has already been glossed over? As much as i can't stand Saban and Bama, i loathe Harbaugh and Michigan. They deserve nothing.
Who's celebrating Michigan?

I just can't stand Saban and Alabama.

It's because I hate Alabama and Saban more than Michigan and Harbaugh.

I've suggested this before, (with the usual response to my suggestions):

You get credit for each yard line you pass. If you have the ball on the 20 and gain 5 yards and a foot, the ball goes on the 25. If you then gain 3 yards and two feet, the ball goes to the 28. If you then gain a yard and 71 inches, the ball goes on the 29 and it's 4th down and one yard. No measurement needed. Toss the chains.

I know, back into the box...
And when the player is tackled at a line that is not an increment of 5 outside the hash marks, how do you reconcile moving the ball to the middle of the field to see if it passed a yard line that represents the first down marker? That's why you still need chains. The refs now mark at the point the tackle is made and then move it to the middle of the field for the next down.

And when the player is tackled at a line that is not an increment of 5 outside the hash marks, how do you reconcile moving the ball to the middle of the field to see if it passed a yard line that represents the first down marker? That's why you still need chains. The refs now mark at the point the tackle is made and then move it to the middle of the field for the next down.

Th British call this game "Gridiron". Why not draw (narrow) lines across the field for each yard?

1704211629037.png

So would we be proud of our program if we cheated like Michigan to get to the playoffs?

Hells yeah!!!!

Our problem has always been, we don't cheat nearly enough.
And the minor "cheating" things we've done in the past, weren't at all successful -
so we got punished, hard, but without any benefit from the cheating on the field/court.

Sarcasm? You decide.

I wouldn’t care. Everyone cheats. You think Saban is an angel?

BTW we should have played Fab Melo in 2012.

Screw the NCAA. They created this mess.
I guess id rather be pretty successful knowing we did things the right way, then to be like the SEC and Big Ten teams that clearly cheat.

They did a deep video dive on TV. If the play had bene properly executed, it's a walk-in touchdown, (I suppose most plays are). But the snap was low, throwing the timing off and a 360 pound O-liner got blown up by a 245 pound defender make it looked like a quarterback sneak.

Yeah, it's pretty clear that if it's a clean snap, he's got a pretty good shot of getting in.

The one call out I'd have is that the center had been making bad snaps all game long. That's a lot of pressure to put on a guy who had been having a terrible game. He has to snap it clean, has to block, last play, etc.

I can understand Washington running the ball there, if you get the first down, you win the game - no chance of some fluke return or trick play. Something for coaches to consider is making sure the team is prepared to carry an injured player off the field. If the linemen pick up Dillon Johnson and carry him off, worst case scenario is a delay of game where they're punting from 5 yards back with 10 seconds left... hard to consider when Johnson is writhing in pain but would have eliminated much of the drama.

That 'missed' call on Washington's second to last drive with 7:23 left was a crucial miss. The play where Washington had a huge block in the back.. one of the most blatant shoves in the back ever. It happened kind of after the play had just ended but even then it should be unnecessary roughness. Washington was able to take the clock down to 2:40 and take a 9-point lead on that drive. Who knows if they go 3-and-out if that is called but it definitely helped out Washington. It's not like the block in the back helped Washington in getting any extra yards but a penalty is a penalty and they should've been way behind the sticks on a crucial drive. Especially in a game where Texas had 10 penalties to 2 up to that point, you can't miss that call.

I hate both teams equally so I feel dirty defending Texas but that was a terrible miss on the refs part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom