Class of 2023 - CG Elijah Gertrude (NJ) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 CG Elijah Gertrude (NJ) Offered

Most recent article (probably written before Cuse offer)...
“As of right now I’m thinking of the beginning of October to make my decision.” he said. “For now I’m just going to keep playing we’ll, give it my all and keep playing how I’m playing. As of right now though my recruitment is still open.”

Virginia, Seton Hall, Pitt and St Johns all in the mix.

They legitimately are gonna off the entire class at this rate.
Might have to...is Ducharme the only official visitor so far this summer?

On the other hand, they could just plan to go all out on the portal at the end of the season when maybe there is clarity on the future of the Head Coach

Last edited:
Would be thrilled taking a split of Elmarko and Gertrude with Kansas
Kansas is facing real NCAA trouble including a post season ban. Hopefully a lot of these guys decide against going there the next couple of years.

Kansas is facing real NCAA trouble including a post season ban. Hopefully a lot of these guys decide against going there the next couple of years.
I hope so too, but I don’t see it. Their history of putting their players in the league may be more important to some players than being able to play in March Madness. Also, their history of winning and being a top program for a long time is also very intriguing.

I hope so too, but I don’t see it. Their history of putting their players in the league may be more important to some players than being able to play in March Madness. Also, their history of winning and being a top program for a long time is also very intriguing.
None of that compares to their history of paying players. I am sure that won’t stop. With NIL and boosters able to pay players legally, now schools like Kansas just have to reduce the damages from when they paid players illegally.

I don’t care what other guards we are recruiting this cycle, this is the guard I want the most. He’s a DAWG, great size and build. Athletic, long, and a good scorer. It would be a really good guard rotation of Mintz, Gertrude, Taylor and Copeland. Those are the type of guards we are used too and the type of guards that cause problems at the top of the zone.

I don’t care what other guards we are recruiting this cycle, this is the guard I want the most. He’s a DAWG, great size and build. Athletic, long, and a good scorer. It would be a really good guard rotation of Mintz, Gertrude, Taylor and Copeland. Those are the type of guards we are used too and the type of guards that cause problems at the top of the zone.

He may be the guard giving Ducharme pause just based on timing. We offered him July 2.

So, given we were close on Ducharme, would your preference be Gertrude or Jackson or Ducharme if we were (which I assume is correct) just take one guard in 2022.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom