Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 142 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
How was the competition that Jerry West played against in HS. Or, closer to home, how about Rick Carlisle from Lisbon, NY. He ended up playing a year of prep school which earned him a schollie to the Univ of Maine. You can google the rest of his story. Or even closer to home, and more relevant, Hal Cohen from Canton, NY.

But you are right. Class B players aren't supposed to be D1 players but there are rare exceptions. Girard was winning FT competition when he was in elementary school. He's a shooter. And the hoop is ten feet tall at all levels. Don't fault the kid from where he grew up and his hometown pride. Think of it as an asset and not a liability. It's bringing him to Syracuse. Not like these kids from Rochester who can't wait to leave upstate NY.
You’re comparing Jerry West to Girard lol. Rick carlisle went to prep school for better competition so that’s another bad comparison.
I’m not faulting him for the crappy league he plays in but he should of went prep to play against better teams and players to get him more prepared for Syracuse. There’s no challenges for him there. He’s already dominated the weak league. Go play stiffer competition and against actual defenses. It would benefit him tremendously.

You’re comparing Jerry West to Girard lol. Rick carlisle went to prep school for better competition so that’s another bad comparison.
I’m not faulting him for the crappy league he plays in but he should of went prep to play against better teams and players to get him more prepared for Syracuse. There’s no challenges for him there. He’s already dominated the weak league. Go play stiffer competition and against actual defenses. It would benefit him tremendously.
Do you really think I am comparing Girard to West? Not at all. I'm comparing Glens Falls to Cabin Creek. It doesn't matter your competition. And Rick Carlisle. The best prep school did for him was to become a Maine Black Bear. And after playing against Yankee Conference players for two years was it because of their skills that made him better to be able to move to the ACC and NBA. Probably more that he matured somewhat physically. Just like Joe Cremo. Nova wasn't offering him out of S-G.

Do you really think I am comparing Girard to West? Not at all. I'm comparing Glens Falls to Cabin Creek. It doesn't matter your competition. And Rick Carlisle. The best prep school did for him was to become a Maine Black Bear. And after playing against Yankee Conference players for two years was it because of their skills that made him better to be able to move to the ACC and NBA. Probably more that he matured somewhat physically. Just like Joe Cremo. Nova wasn't offering him out of S-G.
Albany City Rocks AAU team Play's Good Competition don't they?

Your competition makes you better, lets you know what you need to work on and improve. What works in section 2 basketball doesn’t translate to even aau ball where girards numbers come back to earth.

Why do you think jb judges players by what they do in practice against other good players. Especially players not in the starting 5.
Cremo earned his scholarship at Nova from what he did at the D1 level (against stiffer competition)

Caryn Schoff is the daughter of SU grad and former SU basketball player Phil Schoff, who played at SU with Jim Boeheim. Caryn also went to Syracuse and also played basketball there.

Good interview of an impressive family:

Schoff Dynasty
I remember her breaking the record back then.

Caryn Schoff is the daughter of SU grad and former SU basketball player Phil Schoff, who played at SU with Jim Boeheim. Caryn also went to Syracuse and also played basketball there.

Good interview of an impressive family:

Schoff Dynasty

same school district I went to. My dad is friends with the elder Schoffs.

Screenshot_20181219-230832_Instagram.jpg

How did Gerard and his Glenn’s Falls team do in the Palms Tournament in Ft. Meyers? They aren’t playing against Class B teams. Should be a good barometer.

I'm sure they played defense on pretty much just joe seeing as though his team isnt very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom