Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 143 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kid may be undersized but he knows how to use his body against bigger guys. Also uses his left multiple times in that video posted above...not sure I've seen any of our players use their opposite hand all season long. Kids a bucket getter!

there are too many people on this thread giving this kid a hard time. Joe can play/shoot, regardless of what many of you say. you are quick to harp about him being useless up against tougher competition but fail to realize that when he is up against tougher competition he is being heavily guarded (double or triple teamed sometimes). of course when that happens his numbers are going to drop. p.s. -- he reads these message boards and I dont think he deserves all this negativity.

there are too many people on this thread giving this kid a hard time. Joe can play/shoot, regardless of what many of you say. you are quick to harp about him being useless up against tougher competition but fail to realize that when he is up against tougher competition he is being heavily guarded (double or triple teamed sometimes). of course when that happens his numbers are going to drop. p.s. -- he reads these message boards and I dont think he deserves all this negativity.
Criticism comes with big time basketball. Im sure he hears worse on the court than what is posted here. And he will definitely hear it once he plays ACC basketball, on the court and from the fans.

Exactly I mean it seems like he was doubled and maybe even tripled team the entire game

Exactly I mean it seems like he was doubled and maybe even tripled team the entire game
He’s definitely the focal point of the defense but he had a lot of open 3’s in that highlight video. He also hit some nice shots. He hit 3’s from allover. He looked good.

Criticism comes with big time basketball. Im sure he hears worse on the court than what is posted here. And he will definitely hear it once he plays ACC basketball, on the court and from the fans.
I understand, however, many of you just like talking out of your a** or talking just to talk. look at the bigger picture. he's putting up big numbers against HS competition (granite he might not be up against elite talent) but he can still shoot. you think opposing coaches and players dont know about him? surely, every team he goes against in HS has a game plan to try to contain him yet he still drops 40+ points a game. when he plays AAU he is being guarded by 2-3 other players. Joe had to be double or triple teamed when he played at dyckman in NYC over the summer and still had like 16 points (from what I counted from the video thats up on youtube of clips of the event) he could possibly have had more. if he was "useless against tougher competition" I dont think coach K or many other schools would have wanted him.

I understand, however, many of you just like talking out of your a** or talking just to talk. look at the bigger picture. he's putting up big numbers against HS competition (granite he might not be up against elite talent) but he can still shoot. you think opposing coaches and players dont know about him? surely, every team he goes against in HS has a game plan to try to contain him yet he still drops 40+ points a game. when he plays AAU he is being guarded by 2-3 other players. Joe had to be double or triple teamed when he played at dyckman in NYC over the summer and still had like 16 points (from what I counted from the video thats up on youtube of clips of the event) he could possibly have had more. if he was "useless against tougher competition" I dont think coach K or many other schools would have wanted him.
He can do his talking on the court when he comes to Syracuse, the rest is only talk. But his hs competition is weak theres no denying that. He proved he can shoot and compete at a higher level so I can’t wait to see what he does at Syracuse!

Welll a significant better day for him today. His team won the consi against a Georgia team. He only had 59 points! Which by the way is the highest point total of any player in the history of the Palms tournament!

He's not listed as a center but he would be a vast improvement over our three headed monster of Marek, Sidibe and Chukwu

Welll a significant better day for him today. His team won the consi against a Georgia team. He only had 59 points! Which by the way is the highest point total of any player in the history of the Palms tournament!

I think he was a couple points shy of the record but im not 100% on that.

BS. He played on City Rocks, he wasn’t being doubled.

He shot 40% in the EBYL and worse then that in the Peach Jam. He might be a very good college player but I don’t see anything wrong in pointing out he has major success against mediocre talent during the HS season. That being said he has been an absolute savage for his high school team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom