Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 141 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s a gunner too. Look at his season stats - more show than go right now. No doubt he’s got talent. His future is bright with time- speedy and athletic for his size but needs to improve his shooting and at least have more assists than turnovers as a pg. He didn’t even have good shooting stats against SU being 3 for 11 from 3. He was initially a Rutgers commit then switched to the Hoyas. He had more than double the fg attempts than Govan in the first half - that stopped partway in the 2nd half when Ewing sat him and Govan became the focus,

Mac McClung - Men's Basketball - Georgetown University Athletics

He's way more athletic than Devo, but much less skilled. But they have very similar demeanor and attacking attitude.
I don’t know mac seems pretty skilled to me to go along with the way he plays the game fearless just like devo. Devo was a stiff athletically imo.

I don’t know mac seems pretty skilled to me to go along with the way he plays the game fearless just like devo. Devo was a stiff athletically imo.

Devo had body control and moved like a ball player.

Mac is strong and fast and jumps high but runs weird and is kinda choppy.

Compare their freshman stats below: Devo was special from his freshman year. McClung might be sometime in the future

Eric Devendorf College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com
Mac McClung College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

Some of Devo’s highlights

Yeah. It’s really not close in terms of basketball ability.

Kid jumps high a few times and makes a few lucky 3’s against us and people think he’s good.

There’s a reason he didn’t even play the last 12 minutes.

Yeah. It’s really not close in terms of basketball ability.

Kid jumps high a few times and makes a few lucky 3’s against us and people think he’s good.

There’s a reason he didn’t even play the last 12 minutes.
Yes because he plays out of control.. I like his skill set , lets see if he can refine it to succeed at this level.

Yes because he plays out of control.. I like his skill set , lets see if he can refine it to succeed at this level.

I think his showtime moves and moxie currently outshines his skill set and judgement. He’s just a freshman though and he should improve over time with experience and proper coaching to reign him in and help him be more disciplined. Looks like Ewing is trying to do just that. It’s his confidence and aggressiveness that reminds me of Devo but Devo was more skilled and a better shooter in his freshman year. Both as freshman had and have work to do on their defense.

I think his showtime moves and moxie currently outshines his skill set and judgement. He’s just a freshman though and he should improve over time with experience and proper coaching to reign him in and help him be more disciplined. Looks like Ewing is trying to do just that.
He has the tools to be a good player. Time will tell..

He isn’t taking easy shots have you watched the videos?
Hes got inside the gym range. The competition blows ,its well known its not even debatable. It’s always been that way. Although there’s been a few good players to come out the league. . It’s mostly lackluster. Schenectady had a bunch of good players that went there to play basketball. They weren’t born there. My uncle was a coach on the team, i heard many stories. And a dash of other players spread throughout the league who made it to D1.

Hes got inside the gym range. The competition blows ,its well known its not even debatable. It’s always been that way. Although there’s been a few good players to come out the league. . It’s mostly lackluster. Schenectady had a bunch of good players that went there to play basketball. They weren’t born there. My uncle was a coach on the team, i heard many stories. And a dash of other players spread throughout the league who made it to D1.
How was the competition that Jerry West played against in HS. Or, closer to home, how about Rick Carlisle from Lisbon, NY. He ended up playing a year of prep school which earned him a schollie to the Univ of Maine. You can google the rest of his story. Or even closer to home, and more relevant, Hal Cohen from Canton, NY.

But you are right. Class B players aren't supposed to be D1 players but there are rare exceptions. Girard was winning FT competition when he was in elementary school. He's a shooter. And the hoop is ten feet tall at all levels. Don't fault the kid from where he grew up and his hometown pride. Think of it as an asset and not a liability. It's bringing him to Syracuse. Not like these kids from Rochester who can't wait to leave upstate NY.

...Not like these kids from Rochester who can't wait to leave upstate NY.
It isn't just Rochester kids - Howard Washington played in Canada. Buddy and Symir Torrence went to New England. JGIII staying home in a weak league is unique.

It isn't just Rochester kids - Howard Washington played in Canada. Buddy and Symir Torrence went to New England. JGIII staying home in a weak league is unique.
Yes but I'm not opposed to the prep school to earn a free college education. I was referring to Bryant going to Indiana and Isiah Stewart going somewhere that might not be Cuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom