Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 171 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kids a winner I don’t care if he was playing a team from biddy basketball to accomplish what he does wow0...we had players that couldnt do what he did with no opposition on floor

Girard got a couple calls and rightfully so. He’s good, but I’ll say Buddy is the better shooter having seen him multiple times.

Looks like I brought my bad juju when I started watching. As soon as I turned it on, GF was up by 6 and then Lowville came back and took the lead. Turned it off when it was 73-70 because I thought GF was going to lose-- only to now find out they managed to get the W. I feel like this always happens. Happened earlier during the Syracuse vs Rutgers mens lacrosse game earlier also. As soon as I turned it off they were down by 3 and managed to come back and win. SMH.
Well going forward you know what to do.

Looks like I brought my bad juju when I started watching. As soon as I turned it on, GF was up by 6 and then Lowville came back and took the lead. Turned it off when it was 73-70 because I thought GF was going to lose-- only to now find out they managed to get the W. I feel like this always happens. Happened earlier during the Syracuse vs Rutgers mens lacrosse game earlier also. As soon as I turned it off they were down by 3 and managed to come back and win. SMH.

As a lowville native I would say that was good juju

The twins are very good players. They are sophomores. I don’t know where they project for college...any thoughts?

Not the best image but u can see a pretty happy looking JB and Gmac after JG3 hits the game winner!

The basketball gods wanted JGIII to win that one. With 7 seconds left the odds that Glens Falls would win had to be astronomically low. Lowville committed an offensive foul on their own inbounds play. GF gets the ball back but Girard’s not in the game due to 4 fouls and offense/defense substitutions. Girard can’t sub into the game because no time came off the clock on the previous play. GF inbounds the ball to try and win it without Girard. Lowville steals the inbounds pass but steps out of bounds so then Girard can sub in with 5 seconds left and win the game. Just a crazy turn of events when it seemed like Lowville had it in the bag

The basketball gods wanted JGIII to win that one. With 7 seconds left the odds that Glens Falls would win had to be astronomically low. Lowville committed an offensive foul on their own inbounds play. GF gets the ball back but Girard’s not in the game due to 4 fouls and offense/defense substitutions. Girard can’t sub into the game because no time came off the clock on the previous play. GF inbounds the ball to try and win it without Girard. Lowville steals the inbounds pass but steps out of bounds so then Girard can sub in with 5 seconds left and win the game. Just a crazy turn of events when it seemed like Lowville had it in the bag

Lot of crazy stuff at the end of that game

Girard got a couple calls and rightfully so. He’s good, but I’ll say Buddy is the better shooter having seen him multiple times.
Buddy can’t do off the dribble like Girard. Buddy also needs more space to get a shot off. Girard creates space to get his shot. He took a lot of very tough shots today. He also had a big turnover late in regulation and in overtime. He was lackadaisical on both passes. I don’t know if he’s able to defend because he doesn’t guard anyone.

GF was subbing JGIII out with four fouls on D. Lowville up one inbounding with 0:05 left called for an illegal screen but because clock never started and GF had no time outs Girard was not allowed to return. Lowville goes for the steal as GF inbounds and falls out of bounds allowing Girard to re enter and hit the game winner.

The kid inbounding looks like he's about 11 years old.
That’s baby girard though he’s already a senior. They’ve had a lot of commentary on him being listed at 5’5 but commentators kept saying like 5’3.
Scrappy kid though, hit some 3s and found some players at the hoop for easy buckets.

One thing I’ve noticed about these games idk if it’s just me or what, but I seems every dead ball players are complaining to the refs, constantly. Like I said maybe just me but it seemed way more constant than I’ve seen in games.

BXWE74OPWRABNP4T6L3QDYH3HY.JPG

Guys a winner. I have a feeling he will start alongside buddy next year

Not unless he ramps up the defensive intensity and lateral quickness. First time I saw him in person but he seemed disinterested at times on the defensive end. Going to take him a while to adjust to the zone. On the bright side I was VERY impressed by the way he put the ball on the floor and finished at the rim. Oshae could learn a thing or two about how to finish through contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom