Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 173 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extremely concerned about his defense. He was not even interested. Could be a product of the team he was on and his conserving energy, but worrisome to say the least.

Offensively, obviously needs to make much better decisions with the ball. He has the stroke to be a positive addition. But IMO he is not a plug-and-play, day-one starter. And quite honestly, I'm not sure how many minutes he sees next year.

This could partially be a reason he wasnt very engaged on the defensive end.

Screenshot_20190317-121121_Snapchat.jpg

It’s hilarious how before every game someone on here was like “GF isn’t as good as *insert school* blah blah blah they’re going to lose” and then everytime they won.

It’s hilarious how before every game someone on here was like “GF isn’t as good as *insert school* blah blah blah they’re going to lose” and then everytime they won.
It’s also funny watching people say what he will and won’t be based off a couple videos or watching one game of high school. It’s always the highs and the lows of the spectrum. He won’t do anything til year 3, he’ll come light it up, etc. as some have mentioned we thought Carey would get a lot of fun and buddy wouldn’t play come ACC time. Look now.

i would agree . . . if anyone was actually predicting that
2018 Combined Stats (NIKE EYBL and City Rocks):
Games Played: 22
PPG: 11.0
3P%: .349

I think he is better than those stats suggest. But those thinking he will light up the ACC as a freshman need to tap the breaks a little.
i would agree . . . if i actually saw anyone predicting such a thing. i see more people completely leaving him out of the rotation for next year.

i get it; syracuse should have a lot of guards on the roster next year and the competition for playing time is going to be fierce. it makes some sense to put jgiii at the bottom of the totem pole.

but he just seems to have something extra beyond the quantifying numbers . . . i am not going to be surprised if he gets quite a bit of run next year.

It’s also funny watching people say what he will and won’t be based off a couple videos or watching one game of high school. It’s always the highs and the lows of the spectrum. He won’t do anything til year 3, he’ll come light it up, etc. as some have mentioned we thought Carey would get a lot of fun and buddy wouldn’t play come ACC time. Look now.
If he were not a country white boy, lots of people would be singing a different tune.

My skepticism on Girard being in the rotation next year has nothing to do with his skin color. I’ve been bullish on Buddy all year and he’s white. Weird post by Tuttle there.

I just don’t think he’s ready for PG duties yet. There’s no doubt he can shoot, score, and has a solid handle, but his shot selection and overall passing needs some work. He throws passes he has no chance of making at times and JB isn’t going to put up with that from his lead guard.

My skepticism on Girard being in the rotation next year has nothing to do with his skin color. I’ve been bullish on Buddy all year and he’s white. Weird post by Tuttle there.

I just don’t think he’s ready for PG duties yet. There’s no doubt he can shoot, score, and has a solid handle, but his shot selection and overall passing needs some work. He throws passes he has no chance of making at times and JB isn’t going to put up with that from his lead guard.

Yeah a lot on this board seem to have doubts about girard little do they forget some of the same people said Buddy should redshirt. No doubt in my mind if Girard was a Duke recruit he’d be a four or five star recruit and everybody would be complaining that we lost him to them

His role at SU will be so different than at Glens Falls that his high school heroics will be just happy memories. If there's any lazy passing or passive defense, that will get coached out of him in a hurry. The carry-over is that he's a tough kid and a football QB, so he won't wilt under hard coaching.

His role at SU will be so different than at Glens Falls that his high school heroics will be just happy memories. If there's any lazy passing or passive defense, that will get coached out of him in a hurry. The carry-over is that he's a tough kid and a football QB, so he won't wilt under hard coaching.
Plus he isn't projected to be playing 32 minutes a game. I think people will like the role that JAB carves out for him.

People compare Joe to Jimmer or GMAC. I think that Joe is almost identical to Greg Paulus. Same size, both star QB's. Joe in my opinion is a better pure shooter than Greg. Greg more of a floor general.
All in all how Paulus played college bball is my best guess as to what we can expect from Joe.

People compare Joe to Jimmer or GMAC. I think that Joe is almost identical to Greg Paulus. Same size, both star QB's. Joe in my opinion is a better pure shooter than Greg. Greg more of a floor general.
All in all how Paulus played college bball is my best guess as to what we can expect from Joe.
I think Girardi's career will be better than Paulus'. Their football careers aren't that similar in that Paulus played QB - Girard played QB, Safety, returned kicks.....I think that helps him finish around the hoop.

I think Girardi's career will be better than Paulus'. Their football careers aren't that similar in that Paulus played QB - Girard played QB, Safety, returned kicks...I think that helps him finish around the hoop.
I find a lot of similarities. Both about
6'1 185. Both player of the year in NY. Both PG and QB. Paulus played at a higher HS level Joe scored about 3 times the points. Im high on Joe. I think that his game will continue to improve. The 3 point shot is so important in today's game and he has a quick trigger, the ability to create for himself and NBA range. Between him Buddy Goodine, Hughes, Bras, JAB we have some kids on next years team that can really shoot. Should be a fun year.

Girard will be a much better college bball player than Paulus ever was. JGIII is really good with the ball in his hands and he is very difficult to stay in front of.

Checkout some of his AAU and other non-Glenns Falls highlights. He seems to have the ability to lift his game to the necessary level to standout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom