Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 172 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone have his final total career points scored?
He's not done. Next week they play in the Federation Cup against the downstate champion (PSAL, Catholic league, Long Island?). Not exactly sure how it is figured out but today he won the NYSPHSAA (New York State Public High School Athletic Association) State Championship. Next week he plays again. Games conveniently are back in Glens Falls.

Here is the link with last years bracket.
New York State Federation Basketball Tournament - Official Site

BXWE74OPWRABNP4T6L3QDYH3HY.JPG

We’ll see this again in our second national championship. Screenshot it

How did JGIII do in AAU? He is obviously a great scorer, jut wondering how it translates against better comp?

i dont think in AAU he had the green light to shoot 30+ contested 3s at will.

nice thing is that his missed are almost always on line but short. its also why he is such a good Ft shooter.

nice thing is that his missed are almost always on line but short. its also why he is such a good Ft shooter.
Girard reminds me of a story Bill Bradley told in his book "A Sense of Where You Are". To paraphrase, he goes to a court, shoots a few times and says that the hoop is off like a half an inch. Sure enough they measure and it is off a half an inch. I think Girard would know that also.

How did JGIII do in AAU? He is obviously a great scorer, jut wondering how it translates against better comp?

2018 Combined Stats (NIKE EYBL and City Rocks):
Games Played: 22
PPG: 11.0
3P%: .349

I think he is better than those stats suggest. But those thinking he will light up the ACC as a freshman need to tap the breaks a little.

Having said that...his effective shooting range is the best I've ever seen at the NYS HS level

2018 Combined Stats (NIKE EYBL and City Rocks):
Games Played: 22
PPG: 11.0
3P%: .349

I think he is better than those stats suggest. But those thinking he will light up the ACC as a freshman need to tap the breaks a little.

Having said that...his effective shooting range is the best I've ever seen at the NYS HS level
I think if he put those numbers up as a freshman we should all be excited about what he’s doing and where he might be as a senior.

I think if he put those numbers up as a freshman we should all be excited about what he’s doing and where he might be as a senior.

There’s almost no way he puts up those #’s (scoring, not shooting %) as a Frosh, because there are far too many mouths to feed at the guard spots.

And he has to play D to stay on the floor, regardless of how good he is from 3.
Mookie says HI! :p

Assuming Buddy is a lock for 20+ minutes next year, then the rest of the guard minutes need to get divvied up between:
Carey
Washington
Goodine
JGIII

That’s 4 guys vying for only 60 minutes.
And even if you rule HoWash out of contention, then it’s still 3 guys 60 minutes.

All that said, I would have bet $ that the guard getting run this year would have been Carey, not Buddy, so - who the hell knows?!
:confused:

Girard is going to be a great 4-year guy for Cuse. Worst case next year he comes in like Buddy as a spot shooter and grows over the season. His handle and driving is what is going to get him minutes because that is what they team really needs.

There’s almost no way he puts up those #’s (scoring, not shooting %) as a Frosh, because there are far too many mouths to feed at the guard spots.

Assuming Buddy is a lock for 20+ minutes next year, then the rest of the guard minutes need to get divvied up between:
Carey
Washington
Goodine
JGIII

And even if you rule HoWash out of contention, then it’s still 3 guys 60 minutes.

All that said, I would have bet $ that the guard getting run this year would have been Carey, not Buddy, so - who the hell knows?!
I agree, that’s really what I was implying. I don’t expect him to really even come close to those numbers. But like you said you never know.

As far as Washington goes, I’ve been very very vocal about how much I like his game.

Carey
Washington
Goodine
JGIII

GMAC started for four years. Is JG3 GMAC2?

I think it has to be submitted

I wonder how we do that. I haven't even been able to find a site that gives his stats. I don't know what his specific scoring average is. When i try to google it, I get Maxpreps links. it seems strange they wouldn't already know who he is and and have been keeping track.

Extremely concerned about his defense. He was not even interested. Could be a product of the team he was on and his conserving energy, but worrisome to say the least.

Offensively, obviously needs to make much better decisions with the ball. He has the stroke to be a positive addition. But IMO he is not a plug-and-play, day-one starter. And quite honestly, I'm not sure how many minutes he sees next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom