Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duke wants him and they have been playing a lot of zone. I was hoping Cuse is his dream school. This kid brings a dimension that we haven’t had ( other than White. Who’s supporting cast was weaker) that teams will need to deal with thus freeing up space and other players. Does he have court I Q or just a shooter. If he does, his assist ratio could explode in college

Duke wants him and they have been playing a lot of zone. I was hoping Cuse is his dream school. This kid brings a dimension that we haven’t had ( other than White. Who’s supporting cast was weaker) that teams will need to deal with thus freeing up space and other players. Does he have court I Q or just a shooter. If he does, his assist ratio could explode in college
dream school equals kiss of death, but is there any meaningful feedback on how his visit went?

My brother just sent a picture he took with him. Bro is 6'4". Joe standing next to him looks a legit 6'2".
A little confusion from the picture of GMAC and JGIII above with Shaun B. Everyone in the past stated that GMAC was listed at 6'1" but was lucky to be 6'. In the picture, GMAC with his arms extended looks to be an inch maybe 2 taller than JGIII. I hope that it is just the camera angles and JGIII IS 6'2" but it does not look like it from this picture. He's young maybe he has a growth spurt still coming.

A little confusion from the picture of GMAC and JGIII above with Shaun B. Everyone in the past stated that GMAC was listed at 6'1" but was lucky to be 6'. In the picture, GMAC with his arms extended looks to be an inch maybe 2 taller than JGIII. I hope that it is just the camera angles and JGIII IS 6'2" but it does not look like it from this picture. He's young maybe he has a growth spurt still coming.

GMac is demonstrating his "jump" shot. :)

" I just bring toughness and a tough mentality to a team. I'm a winner. I don't like losing. My past four years in basketball I've only lost four games. If you want to add football, I'm about 64-5."

I like this kid.
In a couple years we are either going to really, really like him or really, really hate him. Like a Devo, like a Gmac.

He’s needed here and wanted albeit it not as earlier as it should of been so he should commit.

Clemson game was a great one to have recruits at, so good news Joe & dad were there.

Crowd was loud basically entire game. Fans into it. We took down a top #25 team. Got to see a good, close game with SU winning...doesn't get much better then that.

Especially after Chwuku blocked those two shots - surprised he didn't commit right on spot! I sure was pumped up after that haha

Clemson game was a great one to have recruits at, so good news Joe & dad were there.

Crowd was loud basically entire game. Fans into it. We took down a top #25 team. Got to see a good, close game with SU winning...doesn't get much better then that.

Especially after Chwuku blocked those two shots - surprised he didn't commit right on spot! I sure was pumped up after that haha

The PS blog about what was discussed during Girard's visit was encouraging, too.

I don't remember GMAC being very athletic at all - if, by athletic we mean speed, hops, and change of direction.

Being able to shoot and make baskets is an athletic talent too. lol.

I hate this...:vomit:
Girard said at the shootaround before Duke’s game with Louisville, he told Coach K that he is good friends with Albany City Rocks teammate Isaiah Stewart, who also has a scholarship offer from Duke.

“Coach K didn’t know we were as close as we were,” Girard said. “And I played against [Duke standout freshman] Marvin Bagley last summer, and Bagley came over to say hi. He recognized me from the summer. Coach K didn’t realize I knew him until Bagley came over.”

HE'S USING YOU, JOE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors