Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 88 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
'The Harvard of CNY'. This always bothers me. I love my alma mater, am very proud of it and never hesitate to tell people I'm Orange, BUT you do realize Cornell is in CNY and being that they actually ARE an Ivy League school, then doesn't it sensibly follow that THEY would be the Harvard of CNY?

Jus' sayin'.

No I think that makes BC the Cornell of Eastern Massachusetts.

The days are gone when players want to wait til their Jr or Sr to get into the rotation. Someone will fall into odd man out status and leave.

Hell, we've had a QB with Syracuse tatooed on his arm transfer. Loyalty is only as strong as playing time.
Buddy gets ticked off at the head coach and decides to transfer <G>.

Living a few miles from him I have seen his career shattering the state scoring record. Kid is reportedly 6'2" and the next Gerry Mac. Alot of talk about how he has not and might not use his remaining allotted official visits to Cuse. Cuse is 1 of his final 6 along with Duke, BC, and Michigan amongst others.

Thing is, he is already focused on football being the QB of his HS team. The reason he might not take anymore visits. He could probably play fb at, at least the FCS level. At what point do you focus on your committed sport?

Last edited:
I don’t get where this BC momentum is coming from...it’s a dumb decision to go there
I don’t think there’s momentum necessarily. But I read an article saying he had visited BC unofficially twice last season and had a good relationship with Jim Christian. I also speculated that BC should logically be one of his top 3-4 choices and one of the best fits if he’s looking for immediate playing time. I still firmly believe that SU is the leader and he’s just doing his due diligence. I think he likes our pitch for him to be the next GMac local hero, an upstate kid who stays in state and plays in front of family friends at the best college basketball home court in the country.

Last edited:
Living a few miles from him I have seen his career shattering the state scoring record. Kid is reportedly 6'2" and the next Gerry Mac. Alot of talk about how he has not and might not use his remaining allotted official visits to Cuse. Cuse is 1 of his final 6 along with Duke, BC, and Michigan amongst others.

Thing is, he is already focused on football being the QB of his HS team. The reason he might not take anymore visits. He could probably play fb at, at least the FCS level. At what point do you focus on your committed sport?
What are u trying to say? He shouldnt play his senior year of football and focus on basketball and picking a college?

What are u trying to say? He shouldnt play his senior year of football and focus on basketball and picking a college?

No, not saying that, a kid just needs to do his due diligence in figuring out where he wants to play and taking official visits is part of that.

Good interview. Worth a listen.

Jimmer thinks Joe will score at will on college, so he has been talking/working with him about how to score at the pro level.

Joe knows he is a multi year college guy with eyes on the pros. He wants to come in a play and contribute right away.

Interviewer asked him about Syracuse and also referenced the piece done in the paper on Joe.

He is not worried about making his selection without taking all of his officials since he went to all on unofficials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom